The Farmer's Union

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Quinasa

The Farmer's Union

Post by Quinasa »

Welcome to our little corner of Gobaith! Anyone is welcome to join, someone who is interested should contact those in charge. We're growing all the time and its a good business to be in so if you've got a green thumb, if you like digging in the dirt, or just planting trees please, come see us today! Anyone who was a member and still would like to be one should make contact immediately. Sorry for the inconvenience but the guild has been inactive for some time and people who aren't around anymore can't very well be members.
Decorums:
1. The Farmer's Union lands are usable for both the private use and business of any member. Private use comes with no fee, as feeding yourself and learning your craft are necessary.
2. The Union recieves a fifth of any profit you make on anything harvested on the lands and sold. If I am not there at the time of harvest then I rely on your honesty, because every coin you earn for the Union goes toward the upkeep of the lands and expanding the fields.
3. Only members of the Union are allowed to use the land.
4. Any harvest left untended will be removed and sold with 100% of the profits going into the Union Treasury.
5. Everyone has the right to know - since it is their coin - the amount in copper and silver there is in the Union Treasury. It will always be public on this board for all to see.
6. The wildlife is to be left uninjured. If bunnies happen to be scampering about your crops then gently shoo them outside the hedges where they can roam freely.

¤ Please note that there are no exceptions to these rules. We do not ask much of you and in return give you a great deal so I expect all rules to be obeyed. Any violation or infraction of our laws will be dealt with by the head of the Union if and when the infraction is brought to their attention.

Head of the Farmer's Union:
  • ¤ Quinasa

Members:
  • ¤ Arcia
    ¤ Aurora Mahirimah
    ¤ Ban Gabgab
    ¤ Gibble Thibblebum
    ¤ Gilbert Merimac
    ¤ Irania
    ¤ Lemod Marshal
    ¤ Magnus Magnol
    ¤ Mazrian
    ¤ Merung Harbes
    ¤ Nilo
    ¤ Tanistian Kanea
    ¤ Thomas Hayden
    ¤ Timo Sunfield

Current Goals:
  • ¤ Expand the farmland

Treasury:
  • ¤ copper - 3825
    ¤ silver - 73

NEWS:

Laviath Rathor and his students no longer have permission to use the Union fields.

The recent expansion of the farming soil is complete but do not hesitate to keep up the hard work. There are plans in the works for more expansion. Thank you to everyone who has worked so hard to get us where we are today.

I would also like to thank Gilbert Merimac, he worked hard while I was gone to keep the Union together and even managed to earn more for the treasury and recruit new members. Thank you so much, Gilbert. Know that your efforts have not gone unappreciated.
-Quinasa
Last edited by Quinasa on Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:22 pm, edited 26 times in total.
Nilo

Post by Nilo »

Hooray Quin!

You'll be a good head! I hope to meet you sometime soon

Nilo
Llama

Post by Llama »

I weesh to joyn, beecause i need to lern farming to get fodd supplies four cooking

Timothy Grassgrower XI
Alkuurg

Post by Alkuurg »

Hello, i am Mazrian and am interested in joining, however i would like to learn more about the union first. Perhaps we could talk?

-Mazrian.
Endiil

Post by Endiil »

The note is written in a childish manner

Hello. Names Endiil Greenleaf, and I'm the daughter of Calilmal Greenleaf. I wrote before on your other board about joining, but never got an answer. I'm great at farming and it would be great if you could take me in.

Endiil Greenleaf
Master Farmer, Apprentice Carpenter
Quinasa

Post by Quinasa »

Any of you are welcome to meet with me when I am in town. I can set up a time when I will be available in the next days. I'm glad to see people interested!

Qµinasa
Head of the Farmer's Union
Quinasa

Post by Quinasa »

I am available for the rest of the day (( next 3 or 4 hours )). Send me a dove and I will meet with you if you desire to be a part of our guild.

Qµinasa
Quinasa

Post by Quinasa »

Someone has been planting trees wherever they feel like it without permission. I appreciate the work it takes to plant trees and other things but it is a lot more work for me to keep on removing them. Please, to whomever is doing it: stop. There is a layout of forestry in progress and the land is being cared for by myself. To spare us both the trouble, and I don't need to know who it is nor care who you are, just stop. If you are interested in the Farmer's Union or helping us in any way you can contact me. In the meantime respect the land and those who care for it.

Thank you.
Qµinasa
Belgram
Location: If I were a guy i'd be gay for Jake (and Jeremy Sumpter)

Post by Belgram »

Quinasa, I write upon ye boards to ask from Silverbrand if ye would help us plant apple trees around the borders of our land. If ye agree we can supply ye with help and even pay ye for the work.

Belgram
Talisien Pen Beridd

Post by Talisien Pen Beridd »

Hello Quinasa

Id love to be apart of the farmers union agian

Talisien Pen Bierdd
Faladron

Post by Faladron »

Correct me if I'm wrong, the order to stop planting trees is restricted to your land (i.e. the Farmer's Union building and the land around it) or are you talking about a general prohibition for all the island?

Faladron Furnir
Nilo

Post by Nilo »

What are you asking?

Perhaps if you make clear what you want to ask or make known, we can answer you or reply to you.

Thanks,
Nilo
Quinasa

Post by Quinasa »

Faladron,
I have no say over any other part of the island and only ask that whomever it is that repetitively replants the trees surrounding the Farmer's Union stop, though I am with Nilo and I do not quite understand your question/statement.

Talisien Pen Bierdd, I would meet with you soon, in the coming days ((sunday night or monday?)). I'm glad to hear you are interested.

Belgram, I will be available for discussing this matter ((sunday night or monday)), send me a dove when you can speak with me.

Qµinasa
Faladron

Post by Faladron »

That's all I wanted to know, for I am planting trees myself - not around your land though -.

Faladron Furnir
Count Van Helt

Post by Count Van Helt »

Greeitngs my fellows
first of all, my name is Adrol Rascaltoe, a halfling farmer i must say i am - or intending to become. I have arrived to Troll's Bane recently, and lately i have travelled to this lovely place of Greenbriar where i was informed i should find good farmland. However, i do feel i am in need of trustworthy friends in order to re-settle in these parts after having left my lands far away. I am writing actually to ask about the information of the union and so on and 'bout what i should do or requires to join?
Forgive me for being so long in my writing, it happens also to me whilst i talk and tell.

~Ad~
Quinasa

Post by Quinasa »

Adrol Rascaltoe,

Send me word in Varshikar when you have time to meet, I will make my best attempt at agreeing with your time. I'm happy to hear of one interested in the Union.

Qµinasa
Quinasa

Post by Quinasa »

We can now be found here. I've set up the wall on the side of the building for discussion.

~Qµinasa
Quinasa

Post by Quinasa »

I've taken the liberty of removing the board I had hanging, as no one was using it. Contact me personally with any questions.

~Qµinasa
Quinasa

Post by Quinasa »

A warm welcome to Mazrian into the Farmer's Union.

-Qµinasa
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

Hm, too bad. I'm not listed as a member any more....

Kranek
Quinasa

Post by Quinasa »

As I've stated before, with all those who have left or passed on, the Farmer's Union is no longer the Union that it was. Its a new guild with a new Head, new funds and a new set up. If you would like to be a member of the new Farmer's Union seek an audience with me and I'll gladly see you as promptly as possible.

-Qµinasa
Nilo

Post by Nilo »

Hiho Farmers!

I, Nilo, am back! I hope to see you all soon, and we can have second lunches together! It would be marvelous to see some of my old friends again.

The Union seems to have a lot of weeds and such around. We should get those taken care of!

Well, i will see you around the farm!

Your old friend,
Nilo
Quinasa

Post by Quinasa »

Nilo, its good to have you back. I can't wait to see you around the farms. You've been so missed as a member and a friend.

-Qµinasa
Quinasa

Post by Quinasa »

The Forester of TrollsBane, Laviath Rathor, has asked permission to use the lands for teaching his apprentices the art of harvesting. Please be helpful with them and know that the request has been granted by myself.

-Qµinasa
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

hello,

which farmlands are meant by this:
... are allowed access and use of our fields.
where are those fields?

and, how does one buy fields?

Tjalf Kormson
Laviath Rathor

Post by Laviath Rathor »

I thank you very much, Quinasa, I accept your very well choosen conditions.

~Laviath Rathor, forester of Trolls Bane and apprentice of The Druids Of The Forest.
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

I the farmer Tjalf Kormson repeat my question:

which farmlands are meant by this:

Zitat:
... are allowed access and use of our fields.

where are those fields?

and, how does one buy fields?

how do you expect, that "your" fields will be respected, if you dont even care to tell, which fields are meant?

greetings
Tjalf Kormson
Quinasa

Post by Quinasa »

Tjalf Kormson

There are certain lands to the south of TrollsBane that are under the care of the Farmer's Union. They have been that way for some years now. I'm not quite sure how one would go about buying fields (( unless it is for guild or town purposes no one *buys* land )), I suppose it would depend on which town you are a citizen of and what land you are looking at. At the Farmer's Union there is a guild building and the land is appropriately fenced in by hedges that keep the larger animals out. It is obvious to any who go there that they are not just random fields so I assure you that if you come across them you will know what they are and that they are not to be used. I never said the land was "ours", for I do not believe that earth can belong to anyone.

As to the repetition of your question, it was unnecessary. I do apologize about the late reply but I do not live in front of the guild board and it takes time for me to travel back and forth on the days I work. I do, however, believe that next time you wish an answer to a question that you should be more respectful and patient or it will not merrit an answer, from me or any in the guild.

-Qµinasa
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

dear Qµinasa,

so i supose the farmer's guild to be the building to be the house just south of the road to greenbriar, to the east of a small river.
thank you for the information.

greetings,tjalf kormson
Quinasa

Post by Quinasa »

The amount in the treasury is updated.

-Qµinasa