Beta Testers Thread

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

-Ich kann mcih mit dem neuen client problemlos durch wände teleportieren, sie scheinen keine sichteinschränkung zu geben......
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

-hocker werden als Kerzen beschrieben
Kerigan van Ildoran

Post by Kerigan van Ildoran »

Djironnyma wrote:-hocker werden als Kerzen beschrieben
vielleicht sind es auch welche :twisted: :twisted:
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

Wenn ich in zauberbuch runen auswähle, sie dann jedoch wieder "entwähle" und alt loslasse zaubert er den ursprünglich ausgewählten spruch trotzdem.....
Ghorn

Post by Ghorn »

Um..have a big problem. Through old habbit i started the game with my old client. now i tried it again with the new one, with the same char. but i got logged out by server, reason, old client, or something like that =(
Nilo

Post by Nilo »

I love it, its great, good job.

I think that it might Kill some computeres however... It takes a while to load on mine, and I think mine's medium.

I don't like the mouse :( It moves too slow, its too sensitive, and it makes the game slower...

I think i actually froze the server by fightnig zombies just now. When I was fighting, I would type things such as, "#me swings his hammer" and i couldn't type it too fast or else it would appear as, "#me swings his hmra" ... im not sure why but i guess its just slow ;)

I asked eliza to list her wares. She did. I clicked on an item... the scroll disappeared. I had no money on me, but i got no message of "you cannot afford this" or anything like that. Perhaps a message there would be useful.

Also i got an error message, and it wouldn't let me press OK... it wasn't frozen, it just wouldn't let me press it for some unknown reason.

Here is a screen of the error message:

Overall good job! Just a little slow :( might be my computer, but i think it's prob. the client..

Nilo
Linella Fienn

Post by Linella Fienn »

Ghorn wrote:Um..have a big problem. Through old habbit i started the game with my old client. now i tried it again with the new one, with the same char. but i got logged out by server, reason, old client, or something like that =(
einfach nochmal probieren mit dem neuen clienten ;)
Nilo

Post by Nilo »

My biggest problem with this is that when typing, you have to type SLOWLY or it will mess up your text. I didn't see it under options, but maybe I missed it?
Nalzaxx

Post by Nalzaxx »

I was performing a trade with Alexander in the grey rose castle. I picked up 40 bottles and managed to press the Esc button in a moment of spaz. When I logged in again I introduced myself and attempted to move to the depot. Here I found out I was carrying too much to move, and that I could turn on the spot. Most importantly though, it changed poor old Nalzaxx into a Lizard. Although only from my perspective. I dumped the bottles and could walk again, but was not able to replicate with reloading again.

Perhaps logging off while encumbered is the cause.

Edit: Yes, logging off while over encumbered, and then logging back on and trying to work turns me into a lizard, although I found it in all directions. It soon corrects itself when you unload yourself and move though.
Last edited by Nalzaxx on Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Isilwen

Post by Isilwen »

I had the lizard problem too, just for a second in the shop, facing East I believe.
Nilo

Post by Nilo »

The mouse speed is just too slow :(

Also, are you supposed to be able to 'turn' by using CTRL + Direction? I've just been using the 7 and 9 like the manual says...

Also there are some items that i don't think should be a '?' ... ask eliza to list her wares. there are many items not listed due to them not having a graphic :(
Ghorn

Post by Ghorn »

The items with the "?" will be taken out from the game once all get the new client.

You can turn now with left shift and arrowkeys
Nalzaxx

Post by Nalzaxx »

Going through doors causes problems.

Are the graphical changes, Im sure everyone else has noticed this too, it happens when you walk out of the shop aswell.
Nop
Developer

Post by Nop »

Skarskin wrote:sorry about that. does anybody know how i can change my graphics requirements, because an error comes up and says i have insufficiant graphics?
Goto Options in the login dialog and try
1. reducing the framerate
2. maybe reducing the graphics quality
Ghorn

Post by Ghorn »

I noticed that the positions of the numbers at the right corner of the items dont fit by different numbers. means 76 of an item is a few milimetres away from the 75 on it. and so on.

Same with trees.a tree with apples and one without are not at the exact same position, so when collecting an apple the tree "moves" for a few millimetres
Nop
Developer

Post by Nop »

Nilo wrote: I think that it might Kill some computeres however... It takes a while to load on mine, and I think mine's medium.
Why don't you tell us what kind of machine you have?
Nilo wrote: I don't like the mouse :( It moves too slow, its too sensitive, and it makes the game slower...
That's a "feature" of the graphics library - nothing we can do about it.
Nilo wrote: I think i actually froze the server by fightnig zombies just now. When I was fighting, I would type things such as, "#me swings his hammer" and i couldn't type it too fast or else it would appear as, "#me swings his hmra" ... im not sure why but i guess its just slow ;)
There is a minimum time between key presses. You're a pretty fast typer it seems.
Nilo wrote: I asked eliza to list her wares. She did. I clicked on an item... the scroll disappeared. I had no money on me, but i got no message of "you cannot afford this" or anything like that. Perhaps a message there would be useful.
Actually, the trader script abuses the menu to show the wares. You can't select anything there. I think it's misleading, too. Talk to Nitram about it.
Nilo wrote: Overall good job! Just a little slow :( might be my computer, but i think it's prob. the client..
Then try reducing the frame rate. How high is the CPU load when you run the client? On my machine it's just 25%.
Nop
Developer

Post by Nop »

Djironnyma wrote:-Ich kann mcih mit dem neuen client problemlos durch wände teleportieren, sie scheinen keine sichteinschränkung zu geben......
Die Hindernisermittlung macht immer noch der Server.

Kannst Du das genau beschreiben?
Nop
Developer

Post by Nop »

Linella Fienn wrote:
Ghorn wrote:Um..have a big problem. Through old habbit i started the game with my old client. now i tried it again with the new one, with the same char. but i got logged out by server, reason, old client, or something like that =(
einfach nochmal probieren mit dem neuen clienten ;)
That message is caused by a timing problem. The current server is very impatient and sometimes produces the message.

Will be fixed with new server.
Nop
Developer

Post by Nop »

Nalzaxx wrote:Most importantly though, it changed poor old Nalzaxx into a Lizard. Although only from my perspective. I dumped the bottles and could walk again, but was not able to replicate with reloading again.
That is a problem of the server protocol.

In short: If you see an unexpected lizard, the reason is that the client has no valid picture for the char and the lizard is the default character for that error.

The reason you get that lizard is that the server does not send a valid char race for some reason. The problem should exists in the old client, too. I just don't know what it does with an invalid picture.
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

Nun im gegensatz zum alten client kann ich mich an orte beamen die ich eigentlich nciht sehen kann, sprich in einen andern raum obwohl dieser keine fenster besitzt und die tür verschloßen ist..... oder zb auf die andere seite der stadtmauer obwohl das tor nichteinmal in sichtweite ist....

beim alten client kam immer das alt bekannte"you cant see there"
Nop
Developer

Post by Nop »

Nilo wrote:Also, are you supposed to be able to 'turn' by using CTRL + Direction? I've just been using the 7 and 9 like the manual says...
Did you really read the handbook? The answer to that is in there twice, once under movement and in the key table.
Nop
Developer

Post by Nop »

Djironnyma wrote:Nun im gegensatz zum alten client kann ich mich an orte beamen die ich eigentlich nciht sehen kann, sprich in einen andern raum obwohl dieser keine fenster besitzt und die tür verschloßen ist..... oder zb auf die andere seite der stadtmauer obwohl das tor nichteinmal in sichtweite ist....

beim alten client kam immer das alt bekannte"you cant see there"
Und was bitteschön meinst Du mit "beamen"? Die Enterprise ist nicht im Orbit.
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

äh ne ^,^eigenteleportation den zauberspruch
Markous

Post by Markous »

Er meint den Zauberspruch Teleportation.
Nop
Developer

Post by Nop »

Na, da kann ich nix dazu sagen, den kenne ich nicht.
Linella Fienn

Post by Linella Fienn »

Mir ist aufgefallen das ihr im Kochmenü zwei Grafiken vertauscht habt. Es gibt dort eine Zwiebelsuppe und ein Fleischgericht mit Beilage. Bei der Zwiebelsuppe ist der Teller zu sehen und bei dem Fleischgericht die Suppenschüssel.
Dinendal Narmolanya

Post by Dinendal Narmolanya »

From what i can tell the client installed all well and good, but when i try to log in with one of my characters i get an error message saying an error occurred while trying to open the application. The general details of what it says is :

An error occurred while launching/running the application.

Title: Illarion Client (beta test version)
Vendor: illarion.org
Category: Unexpected Error

Unexpected exception: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

Please help oh mighty GM's or someone who knows what the above means :p
Markous

Post by Markous »

Nop wrote:Na, da kann ich nix dazu sagen, den kenne ich nicht.
Ich aber. Das ist so gewollt, dass man auch durch Wände teleportieren kann.
Ghorn

Post by Ghorn »

um...dann hätten wir gerne einen teleportationschutz in silverbrand *grummel*
Linella Fienn

Post by Linella Fienn »

Keine Ahnung woran das liegt, aber wenn ich bei Leuten in der Nähe bin und mit denen RPe, dann fliegen der sehr oft raus. Grundlos. ^^