Less predictable fighting?

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Nalzaxx

Post by Nalzaxx »

LOL,

Very funny.
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

In this we must consider the armoring of the character, example:A weak guy with a woodcutting axe start fighting an experienced in full armor, i mean...how could the weak guy even remove any healt of the full armored 1? That must be in consideration.Another example: A super fighter start hitting a n00b in full armor with his fists, he still shoulnt be able to hurt the n00b, try hitting metal with your fists...I know my examples are a bit...strange but i hope peoples see my point.
Kenny
Location: Banned by uber-powerful mega GMs, because he was BAD

Post by Kenny »

illarion combat system is a big scam
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Kenny wrote:illarion combat system is a big scam
That's why Nitram coded a new one, coming up with the next server update. :) The current one is not bad at all, however, its maintance and "tweakability" is not satisfying. Anyone remembers the old old system? Doubleshielded demon blocking battle mage halfings, anyone?

Anyway, keep two aspects in mind: Illarion uses the same fighting scripts for PVP and PVM. Thus, every change affects PVM as well. 2nd thing is that you always have to keep in mind that you can have more than one opponent. One of the key features of the new fighting system will be that a group of moderate fighters will have a good chance - using the right tacticts!!! - to defeat every strong monster or high level fighter.
amorax_kaka

Post by amorax_kaka »

what's this new fighting system?
Sancho

Post by Sancho »

Tanis half e

Post by Tanis half e »

I do think that he is being more realistic.
Bloodhearte

Post by Bloodhearte »

Sancho wrote:Quite opposite if you ask me. In RL fighting you only need to screw up once to lose/die. One failed dodge and thats it if your unlucky. But Andre Agassi should mess up pretty badly to lose a full game agains an amateur. :wink:

I am pretty sure that even the 1st ranked fencer in the world doesnt win every competition/duel he takes part in. And I bet he has sometimes losed a single points even against someone with notably less skill. Even the most skillfull "true martial in nature"-guy makes mistakes. Everyone does.

But again...if there allready is 1/2-health taking critical hits, I agree that there is a reasonable change allready.
As Keikan said, competition based sporting events give the lesser skilled a much bigger chance of winning because of its controlled environment. That's what skill does in the first place - to severely minimize if not wipe out room for error.

I wouldn't mind it if an underdog in Illarion had some kind of option to not die or get wounded, but that wouldn't be very fun.