Family

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

.Rhiannon.

Post by .Rhiannon. »

Rhiannon's frame stiffens and melts into the hug at the same time, and her eyes show her inner conflict.

She forcibly retracts herself from the hug again, and she brushes tears away from her eyes again.

"I can't, though. I mean, I just.. it's just.. we are just..." It's clear she's about to say, "We're just friends," but a faraway look comes to her eyes like she is remembering something.

"But Arynne," Rhiannon asked softly, the first and last time she had spoken to the elfess in body, "Everyone says Dravish is bad... and he certainly seems like it to me... You yourself just said that he has doen many things you can't condone. So then.. why are you with him?"

The elfess sighed, a strange look in her expressive green eyes. "When two souls are created that are of certain shapes and colors, that they fit together like a lock and key, those souls are meant to be together.. They are one, but each still has their own life. Each grows up and experiences the world, and though the two may have began as mirror images, they can develop into the very inverse of each other... but one still needs the other to be whole."

"But.. if he loves you... can't he be a good guy for you?"

"It's not that simple, child. He is what he is, as I am what I am. He is like the night, and I the day, but one cannot exsist without the other, and though the sun and the night sky may fight tooth and nail against each other, in the end the night cannot survive without the day to remind it of the other side."

"But... what if he hurts you?"

The elfess looks very sad. "I have the fear that much pain will come to pass for both of us, before the lock meets the key forever. But that is the nature of it, Rhiannon. For each of us there is one other. And thus we are blessed,"

-For each of us there is one other- the thought echoed in her mind.

Her mind flashed back to the giddy excitement she felt whenever she saw Gordwayn, and she remembered how nice it felt to kiss him, and how fast it made her heart beat to be near him.

Then her eyes focused on Lance's concerned brown ones again.

"But how do I know?" she muttered out loud, "How do I know which one it is?"
Meniellant

Post by Meniellant »

Gordwayn strolls around town, his look constantly on the ground infront of him. All his features show that he's distracted and probably thinking about something, not caring much for his surroundings at all. Silently in his mind, two matters are argueing against each other.

She didn't know any better, why did you have to think she knows our customs...?

The voice of his old teacher spoke in his mind, or atleast it spoke how he thought he would speak.

I, didn't think.. that's all.. But I mean... oh I don't know..

Yet you felt hurt, and betrayed, yes?

Of course! You always told me that one should only kiss his true love, that..
that's the custom!

True, yet.. you agree that she didn't know about it?

Yes...

I once told you it's unjust to judge someone by laws he doesn't know,
especially if they're unique to the society that enforces them.. you remember?

Yes...

So.. those customs are unique to our society,
and she didn't know anything about them... who's left to be blamed then?

Gordwayn stopped in the middle of the step, when this awereness struck him.

Oh my... I'm.. I have to apologize!

Definately...

Looking around he noticed where his steps have led him. The Inn. Determined he stepped inside, went straight to her door and knocked firmly. He took a deep breath and tried to sort his thoughts so he'd knew what exactly to tell her.
Lance Thunnigan

Post by Lance Thunnigan »

Lance thought a moment, but didn't answer her, only brought up what he did before, his reply slow and casual.

"Do what your heart tells you to do, listen to it and you'll always be happy."

He nods at his words, looking to the door as he hears the knocks and quietly sits atop the table.
.Rhiannon.

Post by .Rhiannon. »

Rhiannon swallows, and bites her lip again a moment before calling, "Come in, Gordwayn."

After all, there was only one person left it could be...

She faces him then, one hand still lowered towards her baby brother. Her hair partially covers her face, and her cheeks are tear-stained, her gray eyes wide and shiny, and rimmed with red.

"H.. hi.." she says very awkwardly, and she looks quite nervous.
Meniellant

Post by Meniellant »

Gordwayn opened the door halfway and spotted her.

Rhi I wanted to tell you I'm...

Suddenly he was aware, they were four people in the room.

I.. never mind I don't want to disturb you... sorry.

Puzzled and somewhat like he is guided by someone else he turns around, closing the door again. Lance.. the one person he wanted to be around when talking to her the least. He shut the door and then shut his eyes, a slight frown on his face. Why.. him? What does he have to do in her room? Fine..

Fine...

He murmured at himself while slowly he turned to leave the inn once more.
.Rhiannon.

Post by .Rhiannon. »

A conflict plays itself out on Rhiannon's face, and finally, she makes her way to the door, pushing her hair back behind her ears. "Gordwayn... wait!"

She meets him in the middle of the hall.

"I.. you're not.. 'interrupting' anything, I just... was talking to my friend." Rhiannon chooses her words carefully, and then bites her lip, before continuing, "I... I..."

She stops, and shakes her head a little, at an apparent loss for words, and finally stares directly at him, meeting her gaze with wide, serious gray eyes, and wiating to see if he will keep walking or if he will talk to her.
Meniellant

Post by Meniellant »

Remember to always weight your options against each other, and never dare to hesitate to seize opportunity...

Wisdom echoed in his mind. Despite of the anger he felt seeing him in her room he took a deep breath and looked at her sincerely.

Rhi... I want to apologize. There was no way you could've heard about what I learned about kissing and there's noone to blame than myself for neglecting my principals. You.. we should make the best out of it now...

Words blurred out of his mouth afterwards he kept looking at her, waiting and hoping he did put it right this time.
.Rhiannon.

Post by .Rhiannon. »

Rhiannon bites her lip again and takes a deep breath, and then she says very quietly "I want to... to talk to you.."

She waits a minute, and then asks in a whisper,

"If you are only supposed to kiss your true love.. I mean.. why did you... the first day you met me... you.. saw me as...?"

She stops, a question in her eyes.
Lance Thunnigan

Lance looked about, but shrugged gently.
So he decides to wait patiently if, or when she comes back.
.Rhiannon.

Post by .Rhiannon. »

Rhiannon waits for Gordwayn's answer, but after awhile she gives up.

((Had to free the char to go IG ;) ))
Lance Thunnigan

Lance met with Rhiannon on the streets of Troll'sbane and decided to go and talk by the river where it wa smore peaceful and they diudn't have to worry about others listening in on their conversation.

After a while, she said something to him.

She spoke of finding herself,
And that she wouldn't *date anyone* until she had done so,
So her choice could be made.

She left him after that. attending to Caden.

Lance nodded and stayed by the river, pondering over everything she'd said.
.Rhiannon.

Post by .Rhiannon. »

Rhiannon spoke first with Lance, and then with Gordwayn, asking essentially the same question of both:

How do you know when you're in love?

Both had given very different answers.

And she had told them both, that she couldn't know what what was true in her own heart until she had begun to deal with the wounds that had been inflicted on it. For it was so blackened with the pain she had endured over the course of her fifteen years, that it was impossible to read whatever was left of it, even to herself.

She thought back to Lance's words:

"Trust is the most important thing. If you feel comfortable with someone, and trust them always... and if you can't bear the thought of never seeing them again... that's love."

It was true that she trusted Lance.. she did feel comfortable with him, mostly because his own childhood had been, though nowhere near as dark, in its own way similar to her own: full of loss and abandonment. And.. of course she would be heartbroken if she could never see him again. He was one of her closest friends... the first one, besides Caitlin, that had heard the origins of some of her scars.

But.. was that really love? Was it?

She had been jealous when she had heard that he was with Galienne, that was true. But was she jealous because she loved him, or because she was afraid that the light-haired girl would take her place as confidant and best friend?

When he had explained to her what he thought of love as... what he based hisd claims of loving her on.. she had thought that it described, accurately enough, her feelings for him. But there had been so many considerations, so many factors to take into it..

She remembered Gordwayn's words, when she had posed to him the same question:

"I don't know... it just... feels right."

And there was one more thing... she had told them both, how afraid she was of being left alone again. One more time, and she knew her heart could not take it.

Lance had told her, "Rhi... you should know that I'm here for you, okay? You won't be alone again."

And he had been here, so far, hadn't he?

Gordwayn had said something similar, but the effect on her had been completely different.

"I love you, Rhi. As for being left.. that won't happen. Not this time."

Rhiannon curled up on her bed, deep in thought.

There was something she had to know. She had to know why everyone had left before. She had to know if it was something wrong with her, before she hurt either one of them by exposing them to whatever it was.

There were words, somewhere, that kept echoing in her mind:

"It just feels right."
Lance Thunnigan

Lance walked about the southern edge of Troll'sbane, kicking idly at the dirt, pondering to himself.

"I'm sick of this, I love Rhiannon.. Truely, but.. If she can't make up her mind, maybe I should just do her a favour and.. Quit trying to get her to feel the same for me."

Lance pondered over and over again, trying to erase all the memories, from way back and on-forth, but in his mind, the memories of Rhiannon were persistant in staying...

"I just don't know.. Maybe, just maybe..."

He continued his walk, nearing the souther Gates of Troll'sbane.