Current Quest

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Mempriclus

Post by Mempriclus »

I know I was slain by Drakhen in the large group attacking him, I'm aware Im not the greatest fighter and so I stood on the second row. Didn't seem to help, but it wasn't a biggie, infact Im not nearly as bitter as I thought I would be. But what was a little disheartening was the 2-3 times the demon skeletons got me just after I'd come out of the cross.

However IMHO this was the fault of the players, they know they cant outrun demon skeletons, and yet they insist on trying, then get clouded, and leave the skeletons hanging around the cross for all the unfortunate people such as me who are trying to run away to the castle to get healed to get slain by.

Perhaps its a case the GM's need to address by lowering the speed demons and demon skeletons can run. Or one the players need to address by not leading them to stupid positions. Question is, do the GM's need to protect us from our own stupidity, and even if they do, should they?
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

May it would be good, to place a holy cross at the shire of malachin, for the time of this quest...
Athian

Post by Athian »

frankly there is no tactic or plan thats going to work against the current enemy. right now the enemy has all the techincal advantages. and might i add are virtually invincible. what your asking us to do is battle against an enemy that has three distinct advantages:

1: nearly unmeasurable combative power (i like the fire bomb, but in retrospect you really had absolutly no need for them)

2: infinite number of disposable troops (seen in the skeletion attacks and even the mummy attacks)

3: is nearly invincible in combat (thusly there's no ability to take out the leaders)

now i was there myself while we were all planning and coming up with idea's. and that day's unexpected event was about a dozen fire bombs. which if they don't cause wide spread damage, were frightening enough to immediatly route any plan that was made. mind you it's fair in war, the enemy has unexpected surprises. but you can't possibly expect any resolution at the current tide of things. even with weapons that 'hurt' the enemy. technically speaking if you don't catch the #me holds a magic sword, it doesn't matter. the Gm or Gms present decide if or how they will react to that and as said if they happen to not see your message or decide to hit you with magic or what not. you stand no chance.
Right now there's absolutly no denying the fights are completely one sided, and while there still fun. due to that fact i feel that if our enemy is going to have all these key advantages they then have no need for over use of certain abilites (summoning,Magic, etc) which they KNOW can not be matched and should be used responsibly from there point.
Athian, like most characters, doesn't not take kindly to powers beyond his own scope, but unlike most characters is willing to run away sneak back later and catch the enemy off guard. my lizard character on the other hand, would probably jump right into the fight without thinking. however no matter how you do this currently. our helpful fairy (i love our fairies), are in no way even capable of lending a hand to us. leaving GM and GM supported characters to one side and regular player characters to the other. and yes we can rp prayers and spells and whatever the hell else we want to 'rp'. but there's the key phrase. it's 'rp' against actually technical capabilty and last i checked a player can't force his or her rp onto an enemy to defeat him, that enemy has a choice. however player characters really don't have a choice in taking or not taking damage dealt by summoned demon, magic firebombs, or player driven npc baddies. just something to think on
Jacob
Location: The northern forest with his flute and his thoughts

Post by Jacob »

This is not true, perhaps in the case of Drahken it is true. But I saw yesterday you guys had a GM controlled skeleton running away. I saw ariges not killing alexander for a long time. I heard from PO dravish that he was nearly killed by a single demon.
So the GM char's are not invincible, try and isolate them perhaps ;)
ShadowClad_Figure

Post by ShadowClad_Figure »

Yes, yesterda yas we watched, we were betting money on if Dravish was going to die. :lol:
Dravish

Post by Dravish »

ShadowClad_Figure wrote:Yes, yesterda yas we watched, we were betting money on if Dravish was going to die. :lol:
Charmed im sure
ShadowClad_Figure

Poo' wittle Dwavvy! 8)
Dravish

Post by Dravish »

Im just pondering if Dravish has the mystical powers to expand his mind to take in the extremeties of the world beyond a world to our plane, and if so, he can learn what the PO shadow just wrote and in turn smite his arse :idea:
ShadowClad_Figure

Poor little Dravish .. 8)
Poo' wittle Dravvy .. 8)
Athian

Post by Athian »

well for your note Jacob. Demons that incredibly powerful. Dravish's technical character isn't a gm character but a player driven npc i'm guessing. which is probably true of the other skeletion that was running as well. go back and look at those three advantages again and really think on it.

players can not beat GM's, they let us win. which is why i'm saying these mega powered villian and unstoppable killings need to be controlled a bit more.

just two minutes ago. another lich showed up summoned skeletions couldn't be hit by the players that attacked him. kill a lizard in two blows and vanished in an ice flame. it doens't matter what point you bring up thee fact is it's an impossible situation to avoid, because we can't just rp ihm away. him against then 12 people there and my money is on the lich hands down.
Midnight

Post by Midnight »

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.
Maliss

Post by Maliss »

Moving the cross would be fantastic, truly NITRAM for president!!!!!!!!
Errian Abêth

Post by Errian Abêth »

A lich just came ingame and told us that the Malachin shrine in the Grey Rose keep has the same function as a cross now.
You may all know already, but I liked to add it here nevertheless.
Damien

Post by Damien »

@ martin : Possibly due to an old fight system bug, concerning certain attribute values, Drakhen was unable to cause any damage (the blood thingy) on Monsters or players when using the GM tools, strangely. So it was of course tested. The only method he could make damage with was fist or bow.
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

the damien has spoken :wink:
Pendar
Location: Founding member of H.A.L ~home for abused lichs~http://h.a.l.istheshit.net/

Post by Pendar »

What has gone wrong is now the quest appears dead..
Town is open, no more threat so we all got smote yesterday so drahken, the lichs and undead hoards could vanish over night?

I know why it happens Gms are busy and such how ever from a purely objective perspective not taking RlL and such into account. My interest in the quest has just gone down 100%.
We suddenly receive words the orcs are drinking in town. Good for the orcs i mean i may have done similar, but there goes all the suspense and drama for me.
Just how i feel, i also appreciate i am now moaning on other side of the coin, not enough action. So i am affectively placing you GMS in a lose, lose situation.
If you kill people we moan, if you don’t i moan.... :roll:
Just thought i would share my feelings..
Brian
Dónal Mason

Post by Dónal Mason »

Well, the orcs were zerg rushed by demons skeletons. While the orcs were drunk. Poor orcs!
Errian Abêth

Post by Errian Abêth »

There should be a development in the quest soon, it had a great beginning and a great middle, now it needs to have a great end.

I think we got the "Fighting will not do a thing" hint yet :wink: , new plans should be forged now before it becomes an idle.
Jacob

Post by Jacob »

mmh yes, well they have taken the town back and surprise no lichs are awoken ... jacob could use help ;)
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

jacobs a coward!
Jacob

Post by Jacob »

Jacob is chased by 5 people ;)
Jacob

Post by Jacob »

Um yes, the town is locked up and all, but logging on is certain doom for followers of the lichs ... it is impossible to move and covered with ghosts and red skeletons.
Athian

Post by Athian »

well not taken back so much, the town will only be taken back when the liches are all dead. i perfr to think of it as a raid. a fun raid
Ariges Feringwood

Post by Ariges Feringwood »

Or the lichs leave the place because it makes more fun to destroy greenbriar
or tol vanima ;)
Jacob

Post by Jacob »

bah and leave their loyal followers behind ?
Fishnu Pervius

Post by Fishnu Pervius »

Bah, the skeletons move too fast. My char (who is a craftsman, no fighting skills at all) got killed twice, so I logged off for a few hours.
Athian

Post by Athian »

okay the skellies are wonderful right now, but either slow the spawn and deal with some of those ice fires the lag is horrible. :(
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

What wrong with orcs drinking in town? we just claiming the pub.. and taking rest, but got rushed by damn demon skelis. fought many off though harhar. Now we gots bigger problems..

Retlak - Shadowhorde
Jacob

Post by Jacob »

I really like this quest, but i worry it will end before some good roleplay actually occurs. As in more than just, "we should train, get ready for the fight tomorrow."
We should have a few days off, the servants locked in the town roleplaying with each other, getting to know their roles. And the towns folk in the castle, adjusting to life.
My thoughts.
Rinya

Post by Rinya »

Athian wrote:okay the skellies are wonderful right now, but either slow the spawn and deal with some of those ice fires the lag is horrible. :(
After the main attacks that I was there for, I tried to go through and get rid of at least a handful of the ice flames to help the lag situation. Hope it helped.

@Jacob: That can be arranged I'm sure. :) For one thing, being sardined together in a castle will possibly do some roleplay good, I think. You can only sit and stare at the character sitting across from your table for so long before you start talking to them. No? :P