Game crashing on start-up

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

Pocal

Game crashing on start-up

Post by Pocal »

Ok, so I log in, this time using the right account and pass, as its what I just used to log into the website account's page. It goes to a black screen, shows a hand with the index finger pointing up, makes my screen flicker off, and when it comes back, no more illarion. any idea wahts going on? Oh, and the webpage says 2 ppl online, and that the server is online.

Edit note: Now it gives a no char with this name has been found box, or something to that effect, i tried using a char name listed as playable and the pass didnt't work either (already tried account name and password)
Gro'bul

Post by Gro'bul »

The first time you try to log in it will load a black screen then quit. You have to do this for each of your characters, because it creates a folder with some data individual to each character.
Pocal

Post by Pocal »

Ok, so I figured out that I was mistyping my char's last name, got a map to show up for a second, then it crashed, and each time i try logging in (same char all these times) it quits with no message...will keep trying I guess.
Pocal

Post by Pocal »

somehow managed to get in...
Avalin Falandor

Me too

Post by Avalin Falandor »

I too have this problem except when it goes black it doesn't close. Plus, when i pull up the ctrl+ alt+ delete menu it says not responding. wats up with this
Mempriclus

Post by Mempriclus »

Just press Esc, it should take you back to windows, then restart and try again, it should work this time round.
Llama

Post by Llama »

A Black screen means also "Loading".. have patience
Avalin Falandor

stillnot answered

Ok that won't work for two reasons

1. pressing esc. wont work because ive tried it and wat part of NOT RESPONDING didn't u understand?

2. I let it sit for like half an hour and it doesn't work and once again NOT RESPONDING
Llama

Post by Llama »

1) server may have been down...

2) GIve us your computer description so maybe we can adress the problem
Avalin Falandor

uuuuuummmm.... I have a windows 98. There is 1.20 gigabytes of free space on my C drive. I have dial-up, though i always relogin if the connection is lower than 4400 bps. not much more to explain
Gro'bul

Post by Gro'bul »

Graphics card? I had drivers problems on a few geforce cards, the newest ones apparently wouldn't run Illarion, so I had to rollback.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Free space ect doesn't make difference...

CONTROL PANEL > SYSTEM and give us more details please...
Avalin Falandor

control panel > system > performance

memory: 320.0 ram
system resources: 34% free
file system: 32-bit
virtual memory: 32-bit
disk compression: not installed
pc-cards: no pc-card sockets are installed

does this help any :?: P.S. Gamemasters please post sense you guys know the most
Goryans

Post by Goryans »

my game isnt working either. there is a black screen with a hand. then the screen gets blacker and the hand disappears, then the screen gets lighter but still black and after about 5 seconds a message says I quote "The server isnt working with your client version! It sould be too old or too new! Download a new one or check back later." I dont know where to download a newer one. And when I go to get into the game from the Illarion file there no Illarion.exe.
I have installed it and uninstalled it like 3 times and the same thing keeps popping up. I dont know whats wrong or what I am supposed to do. I would be really grateful is someone could help me.
Pocal

Post by Pocal »

First, stop spamming the boards with the same message. We see your problem. Wait a bit, maybe someone knows the proper way to fix it. Limit it to one thread only, please!
Devrah Liioness

Post by Devrah Liioness »

Goryans wrote:my game isnt working either. there is a black screen with a hand. then the screen gets blacker and the hand disappears, then the screen gets lighter but still black and after about 5 seconds a message says I quote "The server isnt working with your client version! It sould be too old or too new! Download a new one or check back later." I dont know where to download a newer one. And when I go to get into the game from the Illarion file there no Illarion.exe.
I have installed it and uninstalled it like 3 times and the same thing keeps popping up. I dont know whats wrong or what I am supposed to do. I would be really grateful is someone could help me.
Illarion.exe is not in the file? Are you moving it out to make it a shortcut? You must be very careful when making a shortcut that you actually do make a shortcut and don't actually move the entire file. To start, just run Illarion directly from the folder instead of moving it. If you aren't moving the file and simply don't have it, then download the client again from the Downloads page (link on front page to the right). Be sure you've got the right client for the version of Windows you are using.