A few Questions...

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Karri
Location: Eating grass, like any sane sheep does, in some pasture...Near Trollsbane...

A few Questions...

Post by Karri »

I've just been able to start playing, and I can't help but wonder....

Are you supposed to recieve an e-mail when you are accepted? Because I haven't, but I can still play on Illarion.

How do you begin...Well, training skills? For instance, I want my halfling to become a craftsman, but I don't know how to start doing so.

How do you /use/ items?

That should be all of them...For now...
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

1. Not sure with the new system. I dont think so, but I may be wrong. I believe once you are accepted you can create characters.

2. Find these out ingame. Try and get a mentor, these are rare but I am sure if you ask one they will be happy to show you the ropes.
Karri
Location: Eating grass, like any sane sheep does, in some pasture...Near Trollsbane...

Post by Karri »

Ah, thank you. I do appreciate your help.
Llama

Post by Llama »

I dont recall getting an email.....

Anyway, just make sure you tell the first NPC that you want to become a craftsman...

The Manuel section has a tutorial... it is kind of out of date, but the basics are there,,, you dont have to click on yrself if yr only using one item....

When in doubt, press F1
Karri

Post by Karri »

Yea, I told him that.

And I finally figured out how to use items, in no small part because of said manual...

Edit: Ugh! No one is on, or I would ask for help in-game. But I can't figure it out, can you fill an empty bottle with water? If so, how???
Llama

Post by Llama »

Empty bottles are used by druids to mix potions... if you want water buy a bucket from the halfling merchant
Karri

Post by Karri »

'Eh yea...I figured that thanks to someone, whom I forgot, over private message. Heh...

Now I just have to figure out how to cook dough over a fire. :oops:
Llama

Post by Llama »

I dont think you cook it over fires, there is a smoke oven in the town.. use that.. or read the book BAKER WINGROWER AND BREWER... its in the livrary, its a green book i think
Karri

Post by Karri »

I did read the book, and it said something along the lines of, 'Any fool can cook dough over a campfire'. And I also tried the smoke oven. Cooked my ham, but not the dough...
Llama

Post by Llama »

Hmm i'm no expert, but they follow the same path, get a fire, put the dough into yr hands and USE it with the fire...

Thats all i can help you with