Char attributes

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Sordelka

Char attributes

Post by Sordelka »

Alright here is a simple question....
Can we change our chars stats (anyway ingame or gm infuance) and how if it is possible?
Because when I created my char I do not remember spending any stat points (I thought they were not working) so maybe if someone could help me!
Quinasa

Post by Quinasa »

So you have 3 everything?
Sordelka

Post by Sordelka »

well..I think yes....as I can not check it! But I wanted to be a good something....and with these attributes (as I want to be a mage) you can suppose that I cant!
Snazug

Post by Snazug »

For future reference (if you ever make a new char), use this:

http://217.160.140.46/community/forums/ ... php?t=9047

You can't change the attributes of a character that has already been created.
Sordelka

Post by Sordelka »

Alright Alright...
I will be extremely stupid with no power to think + so weak that a rat scares me...this is NOT for me!
Sordelka

Post by Sordelka »

I need a chance I have spent too much time with my char...I need to simply change something! I just discovered that almost no skill works for me!
Arien Edhel

Post by Arien Edhel »

We don't change skills of existing chars. But you can create a new char with other skills.
Sordelka

Post by Sordelka »

doesnt metter (edit)...I spent too much time for me on this char...with 3 stats...so I think I will leave until better times (summer)
Last edited by Sordelka on Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brendan Mason

Post by Brendan Mason »

It has nothing to do with Arien "treating you unfairly," as he isn't. This is the standard procedure for all characters and all players, with little to no exception. Use the situation to your advantage. Roleplay your character as somebody who under achieves, finds learning difficult. He'll garner sympathy and perhaps become an endearing figure to people in Troll's Bane.

Really..people give up so easily nowadays...
Sordelka

Post by Sordelka »

it is not a problam of giving up...you know that real time and game time are different things. And I can not use any skill properly...and playing a ahadicapt char is nota good thing. So just when I finish my studies maybe then I will go back on roleplaying a handicapt thing..
Snazug

Post by Snazug »

Sordelka wrote:And I can not use any skill properly...and playing a ahadicapt char is nota good thing...
Of course it doesn't sound like a good thing, but the GMs didn't decide what stats your character would have. That was your own fault. ;)
Sordelka

Post by Sordelka »

hahaha...I am going on crazy...alright...I have tried and I came up with a stupid idea. I will just go in the woods and live a life of a normal crazy man. Maybe even I will build my own crazy house some day...who knows?
Arien Edhel

Post by Arien Edhel »

Sordelka wrote:doesnt metter (edit)...I spent too much time for me on this char...with 3 stats...so I think I will leave until better times (summer)
I haven't read this post before you edited it. But it seems that you think that I'm unfair.
Unfair would be to change your attributes and for others we don't. You see, if we would do it once, we have to do it for everyone.
That would be lots of work and none of us has the time for that. The result is - no changing of attributes for anybody - .

Thanks for your comprehension.
Sordelka

Post by Sordelka »

Ariel I am sorry but I really did not mean to hurt you! =)
I was just superiorly shocked that only after 2 weeks a guy tells me that skills are in work!
Bloodhearte

Post by Bloodhearte »

My question is, why did you make your character physically and mentally retarded in the first place? Surely, one of your goals with him is to be powerful in something, so why didn't you give him power in any attributes?

I made a similar mistake with my first character, except the mistake was, in my case, that I didn't distribute enough attribute points. Illarion, before I played, didn't strike me as a game where technicalities of your character were too critical.

But they were. So I just started over with another character, gave him better attributes, and started from a clean slate. No big dealio.

I suggest you do the same Sordelka...consider it a learning experience, rather than a waste.
Sordelka

Post by Sordelka »

you are a whise man blood....
but I have spend too much time with this char...it is a shame to loos it!
Bloodhearte

Post by Bloodhearte »

Maybe you could keep him around then, as a souvenir? I'm not sure how complex and applicable attributes are when you use them in the game.

Is he good as specific trade? You could keep him around for money making.
Dónal Mason

Post by Dónal Mason »

A few weeks. That's all. That is not a long time.
Arien Edhel

Post by Arien Edhel »

Sordelka wrote:Ariel I am sorry but I really did not mean to hurt you! =)
I'm only hurt that you changed my name :wink:

But what are you crying about? Your char is less than 4 weeks old. What did you do that you spent *so much time* with him? PG? If you didn't but roleplayed, you can play this with him further on, can't you? :wink:

And now Arien goes to his bed, sleeping. Good night :)
Pendar
Location: Founding member of H.A.L ~home for abused lichs~http://h.a.l.istheshit.net/

Post by Pendar »

If skills are your worry and your character is actually a 3 all round. Your knew character if you make one will actually be instantly better at anything than you are now. I have seen a command in game were by people can add a title to there name. Such "bloodskull" gorge blood stench. "The incredible dancer" cervius triure etc etc..
So if it is a few social contacts you are worried about loseing think up a scenario and rp why your character may have changed his name. Till people know you by your new one.
How ever, Dont you RP as Dasert or some name like that ?...
Apologies if i have you mixed up, if so we have hunted undead togther and you are not a 3 constitution or strength.
When I made pendar I had wanted him to learn druidry but did not know you needed a relatively high perception.So oh well he cant do,
Sometimes the bread falls butter side down
Pendar
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

I know 4 chars who have low stats (only 3's). And boy were they fun (and greatly roleplayed). It was all based on bluff, but everyone believed them.
I know what I say now sounds silly, but why don't you just try a little? I know it sucks you cannot carry anything more then a single coal (well...exaggerating here) But believe me, I've been there. Was fun for a while. Once you get sick of it, just make a new char.
Arkadia Misella

Post by Arkadia Misella »

3 weeks of roleplay is nothing really. You have in fact not invested that much into your character. In reality, you more than likey dislike the idea of having to start over losing your items and skills. In this case you will be happier playing Diablo 2. Have fun and goodbye.
Moathia

Post by Moathia »

3 weeks? Try two years
Delakaniam
Location: We have to believe in free will. We have no choice.

Post by Delakaniam »

To this day, every one of my characters so far is still about 95% RP-based. No exaggeration. Basically, I don't have a single character out of my handful of them that can kill a pig within 2 minutes. And still to this day, I have loads of fun nearly every time I log into Illarion.

I think I'd be upset in your situation as well, but now that I think about it, there's this wonderful option provided to all of us that's known as "creating another character." Not only that, but this time when you make another one, guess what?? You'll be more ready. Oooooh.

Just...... go...... find the optimistic side of it all :P !!
Bloodhearte

Post by Bloodhearte »

Delakaniam, you dirty hippy! *shakes his anti-hippy fist while eating an extra bloody steak*

http://217.160.140.46/community/forums/ ... hp?t=13408

Obviously, the point of MORPG's is to hop in and take over the world with your skills.

Seriously Sordelka, don't sweat it...you haven't invested much time into this fella, and it can be done again with somebody else. It's hard, but if you continue playing for a while, you'll think of your first character as a tiny one compared to another, longer played, new one.
Sitadel

Post by Sitadel »

Bloodhearte wrote:My question is, why did you make your character physically and mentally retarded in the first place?

Am i the only one who finds that phrase very very funny?
Ziel Oden

Post by Ziel Oden »

Arien Edhel wrote:We don't change skills of existing chars. But you can create a new char with other skills.
http://illarion.org/illarion/us_rules.php#16 wrote: Warning: Talk with the game master to clear up what you did wrong
Skill reduction: lowering of one ore more of your character skills
Attribute reduction: lowering of one ore more of your character attributes (those you selected when you created your character)
Deletion of one character
Deletion of all current characters
Deletion of all current characters and all future characters (permanent ban)
Oh, what now? :D

Sitadel wrote:
Bloodhearte wrote:My question is, why did you make your character physically and mentally retarded in the first place?

Am i the only one who finds that phrase very very funny?
LOL, no
Sitadel

Post by Sitadel »

Hehe, retarded is a funny word :P
Lady Arynne

Post by Lady Arynne »

Eh, it's not the end of the world. I messed up, too. I forgot to edit my age, height, and weight before submitting my attributes, so my character is a great deal shorter than I wanted....then I just decided she could be a cute mini-me elf :D

And oh yes, I also think it's funny.
Anarchist

Post by Anarchist »

Ok Im looking to create a ranger type charecter and was wondering.
Seeing as he will be using Ranged weapons what attributes will affect how well he can use them and what attributes affect how much damage they do?