2. Wahl des Triumvirates/2. Election of the Triumvirate

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

John Irenicus

2. Wahl des Triumvirates/2. Election of the Triumvirate

Post by John Irenicus »

Die Wahl wird folgendermaßen ablaufen:

Sieben Tage werden die Kandidaten die Möglichkeit haben, sich aufzustellen. ((bis Mittwoch 09.02)) Alle Bürger von Troll's Bane können sich als Kandidat aufstellen lassen.
Die darauf folgende Wahl wird 12 Tage andauern, alle Bürger von Troll's Bane dürfen wählen. Jeder Bürger hat nur eine Stimme.
Ausgeschlossen von der Kandidatur und der Wahlberechtigung sind Mitglieder der Grauen Rose oder der Stadtwache

Jeder der seinen Namen nicht auf der Bürgerliste findet, aber schon länger als 3 Monate in Troll's Bane lebt ((nachweisbar am Datum der Erstellung des Forumaccounts)) soll ich bitte melden

Die Wahl hat begonnen!
Aufgestellte Kandidaten bis jetzt:
Cliu Beothach
Gannon

Die Bürgerliste ist hier zu finden: http://forum.illarion.org/viewtopic.php?t=11721

---

The election will proceed as in the following description:

The candidates will have seven days to set up for the election. ((until 09.02)) All citizens of Troll's Bane can be set up as a candidate.
The following election will last for 12 days, and every citizen of Troll's Bane may vote.
Members of the Grey Rose and the Town Guard are excluded from being set up as candidates, as well as from voting.

If your name isn't on the list, although you've been living in Troll's Bane for over three months ((which can be proved with the date of creation of the forum account)), please report it here so we can update the list.

The election has begun!
Kandidates until now are:
Cliu Beothach
Gannon

You'll find a list of the citizens with the rights to vote, here: http://forum.illarion.org/viewtopic.php?t=11721

John von Glanwen
Captain of the Town Guard of Trolls Bane
Member of the Triumvirate
Last edited by John Irenicus on Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:19 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

I set myself up for election. One can only try I suppose. And yes, I am a citizen.
If this is approved, then I will set out my statements, and my goals. I thank you in advance.
I do however much regret the death of Caitlin Fergus. May her soul rest in peace.

~Misjbar~
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

I suppose I shall try once more.

~Cliu Beothach~
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

Ich erinnere an die Wahlen für das 3. Ratsmitglied.

Wenn ihr im Stadtrat - das Triumvirate von Troll`s Bane über die Geschicke der Stadt mitentscheiden wollt, so stellt euch als Kandidaten zur Wahl auf.

Jeder ist berechtigt, der registrierter Bürger unserer Stadt und dabei kein Mitglied der Stadtwache oder der Ritterschaft der Grauen Rose ist.

------------

I want to remind on the new election for the 3. counil member.

Become a member of the Town Council - The Triumvirate of Troll`s Bane to decide with us about the happening in our town. Become candidate for the new election!

Everyone is justified, who is registered citizen of our town and is no member of the Town Guard or the knightship of the Grey Rose.

--------
Lennier
Earl of the Grey Rose
Member of the Town Council - the Triumvirate of Troll`s Bane.
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

So I'm approved? My goals will soon be set out on a seperate paper then.

~Misjbar Mehialho~
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

I shall too then.
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

Wait, why do I even bother? The people of Troll's Bane will never vote for me. Oh well, I retreat then, never mind.

~Misjbar Mehialho~
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

Misjbar, I think the elven community would be happy if you meet us, so we can jail you for them. I hope they can "heal" you.

Cliu Beothach, be sure you become added to our list of candidates. But i m not the one who has the control about this thread. Wait for John.

-----------
Lennier
Earl of the Grey Rose
Triumvirate of Troll`s Bane
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

Alright, if I do not recieve confirmation by tomorrow I shall send him a dove.

~Cliu~
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

Lennier, they do not intend to heal me. If it were up to them, I would be dead, being sacrificed to Tanora as revenge. Don't go around pronouncing silly things for a halfling like community. Those words are "difficult" to you. I thank you very much.
The elven community is wicked, in an evil way. They have no intentions to heal me, they just wish to destroy my very soul. I thank you in advance.

He forgets to sign.
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

Cliu Beothach look, your name is added on the list. With some luck and if there is no other one, who wants to be a candidate, this election could be a very short one.

Maybe it is time to prepare a party for the next "elected" councilor, where the citizen get a chance to have look at our Council and the new member.

------------
Lennier
Earl of the Grey Rose
Nilo

Post by Nilo »

Nilo skips up to the board, clutching a small drink from the tavern in his left hand. He fumbles through some of the letters and parchments, and finally lands on this one.

He reads the last few messeges and thinks to himself momentarily.

After a moment in thought, and making a human leave him alone while he replies, he takes out a large quill and scratches upon the paper:

In order to give Cliu some simple competition, I suppose that I shall run myself. But before I decide, might I ask a few questions of you?

What is involved? Hehe but for now, I guess, count me in. It sounds like fun! Even more fun than farming cabbages, though i doubt it!

Nilo scribbles a signiature...
~Nilo~
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

Great. One more.. Now we can start a real election. Maybe there are some more, who want to be a part of the town council?

-------------

Großartig, einer mehr! Nun können wir dann ja mit einer richtigen Wahl beginnen. Aber vielleicht findet sich ja noch wer, der Teil des Stadtrates sein möchte. Nicht?

Lennier
Graf der Grauen Rose
Mitglied des Triumvirates
Sir Gannon

Post by Sir Gannon »

Looks at the parchment and reads the names running. He shakes his head wondering what these people would bring to the council. He ponders for a moment and decides to inquire. He writes

Before you announce a winner I am thinking of running myself. Though I have some questions before I do.

One. What influence will a member of the council have?

Two. What kind of decisions can a council member make with the other members to better the lives of the inhabitants of the town.

I would greatly apreciate an answer before I offically put myself into the race.

Either post on here or a dove would be wonderfull. Thank you for you help.

Signed plainly,

Gannon

He shakes his head wondering how many kinds of a fool he is for thinking to become involved in politics. He walks off to collect his thoughts cursing himself
John Irenicus

Post by John Irenicus »

One. What influence will a member of the council have?
The Triumvirate has three members. The elected member will have the same influence like the other two. He will be with the council meetings and has the right to vote. Two votes are enough to make a decision.
Two. What kind of decisions can a council member make with the other members to better the lives of the inhabitants of the town.
Any. As said before, all the three members are equal.

Decide quick, you have only one day left.

John von Glanwen
Sir Gannon

Post by Sir Gannon »

Gannon sighs as he reads the post saying he has less than a day. " Shame I didnt have more time " He thinks. " Allright might as well. I can be a better influence for everyone as a member of the council" He writes.

Allright. Sign me up. I will run for a position as a member of the council.

I shall be any place need be for things to proceed.

Signed simply,

Gannon

He puts it up and walks on to prepare things.
John Irenicus

Post by John Irenicus »

Die Wahl hat begonnen! Jeder Bürger von Trolls Bane sollte nun für einen der drei Kandidaten abstimmen.
Aufgestellt sind Cliu, Nilo und Gannon.

---

The election has begun! Every citizen of Trolls Bane should vote now for one of the candidates, Cliu, Nilo or Gannon.

John von Glanwen
Captain of the Town Guard
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

I vote for Gannon, for he is the most honourable one.

~Misjbar~
Pendar
Location: Founding member of H.A.L ~home for abused lichs~http://h.a.l.istheshit.net/

Post by Pendar »

I dont know if i get a vote, I think i miss the citizenship criterea by a few weeks. Unless being a recruit of the guard gets me a vote :lol:
Regardless I will eargely await mission statements from the candidates, Includeing a policy towards the hostilitys between trollsbane and the skulls which is in my experience the biggest problem the town has to deal with. As far as the common person like me can see.
Signed
Pendar Fayed
Drex Thaendrak

Post by Drex Thaendrak »

Being a member of the town guard excludes you from the right to candidate and to vote, Pendar.

However, I too am eagerly awaiting statements from our candidates, especially about the Bloodskull affair. It is about time that people who did not run around swinging a sword all their life can go out again without fearing for their lifes because our humble government seems to be unable to take care of some rampaging orcs.

Drex Thaendrak,

merchant and pawnbroker
Last edited by Drex Thaendrak on Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deirdre Rogan

Post by Deirdre Rogan »

I vote for Gannon,

Deirdre Brawdcor
AlaineMilan

Post by AlaineMilan »

I vote for Gannon too

Alaine Milan
Quinasa

Post by Quinasa »

I would like to hear from the candidates. I am not a member of the town but I am curious as to why each one of you deems yourself worthy of the position and what you think you can each do to better the town in the position. I'm sure others agree, I wouldn't vote if I didn't know what each party had to say.

-s- Qµinasa, Lady of Varshikar
Miraci Ruhn

Post by Miraci Ruhn »

If I could vote I'd vote for Gannon! I wish I'd been in Trolls Bane for three months... Gannon! Gannon!! Gannon!!!!
Drex Thaendrak

Post by Drex Thaendrak »

Exactly my words, Lady Quinasa. From what it looks to me now this "election" is more of a contest of popularity. I would rather not vote then waste my vote on someone who I barely know. The most trustworthy man does not have to be the best candidate for this position. As long as none of the candidates are willing to show a political concept of what he wants to acieve I must guess that none of them actually know what they really want.

Drex Thaendrak

merchant and pawnbroker
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

t is about time that people who did not run around swinging a sword all their life can go out again without fearing for their lifes because our humble government seems to be unable to take care of some rampaging orcs.
I agree with you here Drex. The Bloodskulls pose an immediate threat to the town. These matters cannot be taken lightly. The answer to this is a difficult one. Tighten the vice and they take it as a threat of their pride. This will cause immediate retaliation. If we loosen the vice, they will take granted of these freedoms and possibly harm more in time to come. A middle path must be found.

~Cliu Beothach~
Nandus

Post by Nandus »

Amaryllion Eulenträne, who counts himself to the citizen of Trollsbane, even if all his trys to get on the citizen list failed writes a name on the voteing paper

Cliu Beothach.

Aristeaus

Post by Aristeaus »

For character values i would vote for the man Cliu Beothach, he may not be a close friend like Gannon, but he is a man with a steady head.
John Irenicus

Post by John Irenicus »

Please sign your votes. Otherwise they won't be counted.

John von Glanwen
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

Are you allowed to be a citizen of two towns?