Troll Sighting!

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Nilo

Troll Sighting!

Post by Nilo »

A small, quickly written note lies on the wall. Scribbled in black ink, the note reads:

Dear Citizens of Trollsbane,
I, and a human named Khamul, defeated a troll today that was near the cross, hiding in the shadows of the silverbrand shop! We do not know how this troll managed to get so far into town. My only thoughts is that perhaps it came from the north.

Take heed: Be careful. Don't travel alone. Always be on your toes, ready at a moments notice!

A scrawny little signiature is at the bottom...
~Nilo~
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

I too have seen many trolls around, they seem to be acting more agressively lately. 2 have attacked the town today and 1 found me near town in the southern woods. I would advise all lumberjacks to use the north or west forests, the southern forests are no longer safe!

-Ules Felko
Kasume

Post by Kasume »

Oh no!
Perhaps we can create a bond with the spiders!

-Kasume-
Damien

Post by Damien »

The southern forests are troll area.

DO NOT chop OR plant trees there ! This will upset the trolls, and it will also lead to attacks by the trolls.
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

The southern foresdts werent troll areas before. I personally think they are taking them over as a strategic point near the town. We'd best be prepared in case the trolls tire of the treaty....

-Ules
Damien

Post by Damien »

They were troll's area since a very, very long time. They also have hidden for long, it may be a guess that they became more active after the drought happenings.

If you look for the island we live on in ancient maps, you will always find the phrase "here are trolls" somewhere.

Take another look at the name of the town itself.
Lysu Davanum

Post by Lysu Davanum »

I must confirm what is written here. Trolls are ancient beings, and have lived there for ages, and ages to come if I'm to blame. Please do not cut their forest, and please do not harm them.

-Lysu Davanum-
Brendan Mason

Post by Brendan Mason »

Damien, while it's true that the town's name is Troll's Bane, I was always under the impression that it was named after the dwarf, Udan Trollbane. Regardless, Damien raises a valid point-the Trolls were here before us. In fact, it was possibly they who planted the forest to begin with.

Leave them be and they will leave us.

-Brendan Mason
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

If we do take the name literally, it would mean the Trolls' Death. Wouldn't this tell us something about the the island opposing your view? I suppose it could be taken both ways.

~Cliu Beothach~
Nilo

Post by Nilo »

Perhaps we can build the trolls a new forest somewhere?

Hm we mustn't have trolls running around our town.. we must do something. For now we should just not chop wood...
Sir Gannon

Post by Sir Gannon »

I suggest you just cut to the north and the west. To the north just make sure you do not cut the tree's surrounding the shrine. Also it is recomended that one starts deep within the forest and just cut every OTHER tree on his way back to town. That way you have a full pack by the time you walk it and you have'nt caused any large damage to the tree's. Just my suggestions.

Signed,
Gannon
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

Leave them be and they will leave us.
That is not true. They have attacked me even when I wasn't cutting wood. trolls are violent creatures, and are not to be reasoned with.

-Ules