Boxing Championship!!! - A way to vent my evil, and makes $$

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Jocas

Boxing Championship!!! - A way to vent my evil, and makes $$

Post by Jocas »

Okay, Okay. I seem to be pissing people off, so i have a Idea. I propose a boxing tournament, that i will help fund. Depending on how many people want to participate (if any) will determine the prize to the first and second place winners. I think that an entry fee of 2 ingots( 500 gp) is reasonable. People will be required to take off all shields, weapons, and rings, and fight barehanded. They are allowed to be fully armored, but no healing potions, healing spells, or combot spells are allowed to be used during  the match. Also if any people help out in the fight, I will kill them, and keep killing them( or just harass them if they are too strong, like damien). If a noise is heard that resembles a weapon or shield strike during battle, they will be disqualified, and fined 3 ingots. If they are unable to pay, or unwilling, they will make my list.

You do not have to be a master fighter to win( i beat Damien, he has been on longer). If you cannot afford the entry fee, get a sponser, and promise them some of the prize money. If i get at least 5 players to participate it will happen, if not i guess i gotta amuse myself by going around pummeling people with my fists. As of now first place will recieve 6 ingots and second place 3 ingots( if 5 people participate) i keep 1 ingot because my idea.

I think this is a good idea while there is no penalty for death. I don't think this will happen when people lose stats for  dying. If people have any positive feedback(or negative, be careful I'm sensitive) post it. Also if you are interesting in participating post it here also.

This boxing thing will keep me occupied and i will stop killing all people ( unless they really provoke me).

The very vulnerable
Darkwalker
Jocas

Boxing Championship!!!

Post by Jocas »

Never mind.
Novus

Boxing Championship!!!

Post by Novus »

I don't think it's such a bad idea.  The parts to change would be the entry cost (a bit high for most people, I think) and the purpose.  A tournament should be more than just an excuse to keep someone from killing people.
Neon

Boxing Championship!!!

Post by Neon »

Hmm, that idea is really not bad! But who will guarantee that all fighters won't use weapons. You can differentiate ... But how about a fighting game (everything possible is allowed). Starting fee would be 1000 gp (4 silver ignots). All participants have to fight up in a 1-on-1 deathmatch. And the winner gets all starting fees.
The whole thing should not be an act of agression, more like a contest. Something like "Who is the strongest man/woman in Illarion".
I would be proud to arrange such a contest for the people of Illarion. But first one thing:
Who would be interested?
kyuushiki
Location: In a land where the mind holds power over all of the body perceptions

Boxing Championship!!!

Post by kyuushiki »

depending on when it is done i would.
Dax

Boxing Championship!!!

Post by Dax »

<Just grins at Damien>

Need I say it?
Neon

Boxing Championship!!!

Post by Neon »

The contest will be on a weekday ... I think 10 PM (Middle-European Time) would be great!?

What do you think? Any wishes?
Dax

Boxing Championship!!!

Post by Dax »

About what time would 10Pm be CST? or EST even

During weekday I will probably be at work ;/
Wanderer

Boxing Championship!!!

Post by Wanderer »

What the hell is your problem Neon. Too stu-stu-stupid to come up with your own ideas. You could have at least asked me about it, since it was my idea, in or out of the game. Being a GM sure has gone to your head.
Damien

Boxing Championship!!!

Post by Damien »

Keep it that way, a boxing contest is great, Wanderer !
The price of 500 gold is okay. Everyone who cannot afford, may be not even able to win. One needs a bit skill to win it. And if you got that skill, you can kill some ogres, skeletons, and sell their things. Even the maces and horned helms give some money, don't underestimate that amount. If you got 150 of this altogether stuff you will most likely have enough gold.
Neonfire

Boxing Championship!!!

Post by Neonfire »

Okay Wanderer!
It's your contest. I won't influence it! But DO something. Talking about it is one, doing something in the game the other hand ...
Taun Kahartuum

Boxing Championship!!!

Post by Taun Kahartuum »

Mmmh...in the name of the muse of battle...im a bit more in swordplay...but I think i will participate in this boxing event...but why do you wear armour???
trouser and shirt or naked body should work, too

I dont want to hurt my fist by hitting an ironplate

may the best win, Taun
Wanderer

Boxing Championship!!!

Post by Wanderer »

Just kidding Neon, its your show. I don't have the time or brain power to worry about this. I just wanted to hassle you. I will participate and my offer to pay the winner still stands.( I should at least get a share of the profits though)
Darzog

Boxing Championship!!!

Post by Darzog »

hmmm... I was thinking about to organize a fair/party for the glory of zephia. Perhaps the boxing-contest may be combined with the fair...so both would be more atraktive for all people of illarion.
Darzog
kyuushiki
Location: In a land where the mind holds power over all of the body perceptions

Boxing Championship!!!

Post by kyuushiki »

Well if their is to be a party it should be held near the tavern.  If magic is involved a little bit south of the tavern.  That way when you get done battling and having your fun if some one is in.  You can order drinks and food.  Might need some time to prepare if this is to be the case though.