Statistics

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

Cobolt Goregrinder

Statistics

Post by Cobolt Goregrinder »

When creating my character, Cobolt Goregrinder, I accidentally gave him certain stats that he shouldn't have. ((My mouse is known for going berserk on me every once in a while.))

This stat was intelligence. As my Orc had no need for magic, could that somehow be taken away and added to stregnth, constitution, or dexterity. ((I think I maxed out Strength and constitution though.))

Cobolt has not yet been activated, so is it possible?
Zarah

Post by Zarah »

As far as I know you cannot change the stats you created at the character creation. You could create a new character although, using the "add character to existing account" box.
Cobolt Goregrinder

I have made a new character, Gund Tarbohom. But I can't get him activated as Cobolt was my first character.
Keikan Hiru

Post by Keikan Hiru »

1.: Intelligence is not maxed at this character.
2.: No request found with this name, or from your email.
3.: This character violates the name rules.
Cobolt Goregrinder

I've read the name rules.

How does it 'void the name rules'

And I've read the website, and never found anything about sending an email to make a character, except in the manual.

and even then it does not state what to send in the email, or where to email it to.

Orcs are stupid, and names mean nothing to them. They don't go and make sophisticated names - they go with what their family was known for. Cobolt's family, in character, was known for "Grinding Gore" therefore: Goregrinder. Cobolt was merely chosen by the father and the priest of the tribe. Wlel at least IC history wise anyway.

But please show me where I did wrong.
Zarah

Post by Zarah »

I guess your prenom doesn't suit.
3. First names may NOT include existing words

"Cobolt" is very close to the German "Kobold", what means "goblin" in English.
After you created your character, you should apply for an account here:
http://illarion.org/illarion/us_accountform.php.

And here, at the mainsite, is written how to join the game
:wink: : http://www.illarion.org
If you want to play, you need to download (http://illarion.org/illarion/us_download.php) the game and create a character at first. Afterwards, you will not be able to log in to the actual playing area of Illarion until you visit this web site
(http://illarion.org/illarion/us_accountform.php) to apply for an account. You will then receive a reply which will ask you a few short questions about roleplaying. After you have answered the questions and sent the email back again, you will receive a reply that tells you whether you have been accepted or not. We are currently quite overburdened with such emails, so it may take some time (currently one week) before we get to yours. Do not send it more than once though.
Last edited by Zarah on Wed Mar 31, 2004 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cobolt Goregrinder

Ah, I hadn't seen that.

Also, Lint is very close to mint. Yet they are NOT the same thing. Cobolt was a name I thought up off of the top of my head because someone has taken Lugburtz Goregrinder. ((And to whoever did ::Shakes fist:: ))

And Keikan said in another topic I made not to use the account form page until I had my account made.

Which is why I'm so confused.
Last edited by Cobolt Goregrinder on Wed Mar 31, 2004 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cobolt Goregrinder

Alright. I settled on 'Lugburtz Skullsplitter'

I sent in the form, even though I think I've sent one in for Cobolt as well.

I apologize for any un-due stress I've put on the GMs and admins of Illarion.
Zarah

Post by Zarah »

Well, good luck and have fun in Illarion :wink:
Val De Gausse

Post by Val De Gausse »

Since cobolt wasn't accepted as a name...I was wondering why the name that had 3 long words the last one being close to extraordinary got accepted?
Conscience

Post by Conscience »

Since cobolt wasn't accepted as a name...I was wondering why the name that had 3 long words the last one being close to extraordinary got accepted?
Because the people that accept the names are human, and humans can be idiots. There is no need to wonder about so simple a thing.
Kasume

Post by Kasume »

A Kolbolt is a type of monster in D&D I believe.
Cobolt Goregrinder

Someone just gave me a lecture on how Illarion wasn't DnD, and now you're trying to relate my name to DnD.

I don't play DnD and the most I know about it are the attributes of berserkers and what www.orcs.ca/ taught.
Moskher Heszche
Location: You can never be too stupid or too pretty to be a puppet king.

Post by Moskher Heszche »

I don't think your name was considered unfit because of kobolds, but rather how close it was to "cobalt"--a bluish-hued metal.