potion names

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Valdonyr Alkidor

potion names

Post by Valdonyr Alkidor »

i think potion names should be learned by druids... because imagine i want to catch a wanted person, and i find him in a bar, i could pretend to offer him a drink, which is a sleeping potion (FOR EXAMPLE) or a poisoned potion.
If he is a good druid then he realises its a trap, but if he isnt, he gets caught, this is how it should be.... i think. See what i mean?

Val
Rynt

Post by Rynt »

But that would make it so easy to kill somone. Just go behind the bar and sell poison.
Valdonyr Alkidor

Post by Valdonyr Alkidor »

If he is a good druid then he realises its a trap, but if he isnt, he gets caught
no i dont think so
druids will know what you are selling, and will warn everyone not to buy from your shop ... or even get hold of you immediately and you get sent to jail ...

Val
Rynt

Post by Rynt »

But that wouldn't solve the problem. It would make it too easy to PK.
paul laffing
Location: the place where only completely serious people are allowed

Post by paul laffing »

The thing is, though, that in real life, you rarely know if someone has put poison in your drink. Doesn't it happen all the time at parties where someone slips GHB or something into drinks? This would be an interesting twist and would make you more weary who you buy from. Than, if you're like royalty or something, you could pay people to test your food.
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

Well, they already have let players name the poison potion, we call it beer because it hurts your character. I like this idea, but how many different potions should they make for poisons?
What I think they should create is a color changing system. Such like druids need to find some leaves or weeds or something, put them into an already made potion that is poison, then depending on the combination the color would change. And then druids could make a nice profit off of assasinations.
Cuderon

Post by Cuderon »

Dru·id [ droo-id ] (plural Dru·ids)

noun

1. history: priest in ancient Celtic religion: a priest in an ancient religion practiced in Britain, Ireland, and Gaul until the people of those areas were converted to Christianity

2. religion: modern follower of ancient Celtic religion: somebody who worships the forces of nature by means of meditation, prayer, and celebration of the Earth, seen as a modern-day representative of the ancient Celtic religion

[Mid-16th century. Directly or via French from Latin druides “druids,” of prehistoric Celtic origin. Probably from an Indo-European compound, “tree, strength,” (the ancestor of English tree and true) and “seer.”]

These guys with the poison and all are rather alchemists, I think.
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

Well, druids make poisons and they are called druids in this game.
Zare

Post by Zare »

I agree with Cuderon. Illarion's "druids" are not druids. Traditionally in fatasy druids have powers to command nature and the elements (or rather, ask nature to do things). In example, move trees, create earthquakes, or talk to animals, or such things. I don't think that we should create a whole new system for these things, but I think we shouldn't call our druids, druids. Instead, call them potion brewers or something. (although potion brewer sounds kinda lame :? )
paul laffing
Location: the place where only completely serious people are allowed

Post by paul laffing »

In this FANTASY game, people who brew potions are called druids. Got that?
Albernon

Post by Albernon »

There wouldn't be a problem with being too easy to PK. That just means you shouldn't drink something if you don't know who it is. You don't have to drink every potion that is offered to you. :roll:
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

Albernon, I beg to differ, in real life you always drink whatever a stranger give you. Accept candy from strangers kiddies.
Zare

Post by Zare »

Grant, I beg to differ. in real life, I wouldn't drink everything handed to me by a stranger
Gro'bul

Post by Gro'bul »

I think he was being sarcastic.
Albernon

Post by Albernon »

Against what point?
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

Maybe i should write *just kidding* after that... I just thought it was so obvious I didn't need too...