A systematic proposals

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Falantine

A systematic proposals

Post by Falantine »

Well,i like to collect all sort of things and put it in my depot,after that il sort the item systematically and put it on a specific chest for each kind of item...now that i have to much chest in my depot,its getting very confusing wich chest that i put my money,wich chest i put my armor and ETC....

it is irritating when you have to browse hundreds of chest to find the item you want,So i propose that we have the ability to change our chest name..it will make us easier to find our item,by just clicking it you could see a name like "Armor chest","trading chest" ETC...
Ganabi

Post by Ganabi »

You don't have to place many things in chests for specific things. That is something that you did, so that really, is your fault that you are confused. ;)

Many people manage to get things from their depot with no problem. Just work on organizing your depot more. You don't even have to use chests. You could just have one chest for your armor/weapons and one for crafting materials.
Last edited by Ganabi on Thu Nov 06, 2003 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zarah

Post by Zarah »

Hm. Falantine and me talked about that topic before. I proposed to him to put symbols over and under each chest. First put in a fish, then a chest, then a fish again, so you know that you have food in the chest. Next you take a piece of coal for example to symbolize all mined stuff. You can sort the stuff in the chests again. For example I sorted all herbs - each herb has it's own bag.I had to, because I had too many.
I'll do it that way since I play Illa and thought it was very practically.:wink:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hm Falantine und ich haben gerade noch darüber geredet. Ich habe ihm vrogeschlagenüber und unter jede Kiste Symbole zu legen. Da sie Kiste aber in 2er und 3er Reihen unterteilt ist, braucht man manchmal 2, dann wieder nur 1 Symbol. Z.B.: ein Fisch fürs Essen usw. Man kann auch Unterordnungen in den einzelnen Kisten schaffen, indem man die Dinge in den Kisten wiederum ordnet, so habe ich es beispielsweise mit den Kräutern gemacht. Ich hatte so viele Kräuter,dass ich sie einfach ordnen mußte.
Ich mache das schon so seit ich illa spiele und fand es immer sehr praktisch :wink:
Gro'bul

Post by Gro'bul »

maybe it shows the first item in the bag ontop of the chest? Like a peice of coal ontop of the chest, might not particularly look that nice but I think it would get the job done.
John Laffing

Post by John Laffing »

I had this problem in Tibia, because you cannot put unlimited items in the depot like you can in Illarion. I would have a bunch of boxes, crates, parcels, and all kinds of storage containers and I would get confused. The good thing was that there were many types of storage containers, so that I would know that the crate contained my money, the box had my armor, the barrel had my magic stuff, etc.
Gro'bul

Post by Gro'bul »

well see I suppose you could kind of do that in illarion. Have a crafting bag, and a chest for something else, then when you enter the bag you have a bag for tailoring, and a crate for druidry or something to that effect. Thats what I do with the items I sell, I have a bag with everything in it, then my tools are in that bag, another bag inside that bag for weapons, and another beside it for armor. A little confusing but I have all my bags/boxes in a specific order so I can remember.
Brendan Mason

Post by Brendan Mason »

Word on the street (always wanted to say that) is that they (the ones eternally watching us :shock: ) are working on a new Depot system...
Pronon Palmsuger

Post by Pronon Palmsuger »

Word on the street is that you can only put in 251 items in a depot. I dont think i have enough items to try that, but some lizard said he put 1 coal then 1 ore and at 251 he couldnt put any more in. Not sure if its true but thats "the word on the street"

And Brendan I think that that new depot system is a new way of adding them. (as in GMs placeing them) that what I think any way. Other wise it could be that your stuff isnt automaticlly in every depot :shock: Which would help the roleplay of houses and other things, Im not sure though.
Arkadia Misella

Post by Arkadia Misella »

It would be awesome if the depot you put stuff in actually stayed in that depot and didnt go to any other depot....talk about realism....I mean, I have been wantein to crawl in my depot and be able to transpot to other depots...but I cant fit
Gro'bul

Post by Gro'bul »

Personally I would love this for the sake of organization, but then again wouldn't that mean there would be like

however many depots there are x the number of players = amount of new depots

That would be alot and to my knowlage would consume server space.
John Laffing

Post by John Laffing »

Arkadia Misella wrote:It would be awesome if the depot you put stuff in actually stayed in that depot and didnt go to any other depot....talk about realism....I mean, I have been wantein to crawl in my depot and be able to transpot to other depots...but I cant fit
Well, we use the depot as a "bank system." So, no matter which ATM or bank location you go to, you always have the same money. It just makes life easier, since that way, if you are on the west side of town and forgot something in the east side of town, it would be fustrating to go all the way to the other side of town to get it. Remember, the game is made to be for the players to have fun, not for exact realism.
Adano Eles

Post by Adano Eles »

For the sake of playability I hope depots will stay linked in some way, like all depots in Troll's Bane are linked, and all Northerot depots are linked, etc...
Remember that you would have to carry al items from one depot to another when you need them somewhere else. I.e. You just bought 500 pieces of coal at the market place and want to smith. You would have to carry 500 pieces of coal to the workhouse, and every other player would have to do the same. Even if some people could be hired to do that for you there would never be enough people for every transport that has to be made.

Unlink depot systems of different towns/ places, yes. Unlink all depots, no.