Illarion Magic Systems/Illarions Magiesysteme

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Jupiter
Developer

Re: Illarion Magic Systems/Illarions Magiesysteme

Post by Jupiter »

Uhuru wrote:I do like where you are heading with this as long as we keep in mind that casters aren't powerful strong. A few gemstones is one thing, but no way could they carry gold ingots for instance. And if you start talking the need to carry around different colored gemstones for different spells, it may start becoming a burden. Please just keep in mind their strength limitations. Thanks.
Good point.
But I think we can find a solution: Maybe mages are able to save the "energy" of those materials in some way. Baybe the can transform it and simply put it into parchments or scrolls. This way we could even ask for gold ingots and such.
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

I like the idea of mages being able to use the items to put magic into a scroll, but also, I might add that elements are currently very hard to get, so if one needs to use such elements to make scrolls I would imagine that elements would be at least slightly easier to get. Otherwise gems and gem powders would make it interesting.
Tinuva Geogroda
Location: A Tree In The Northern Forest, Oh Noes, The Northern Forest Is Mine Now!! Mwhahaha...

Post by Tinuva Geogroda »

Jupiter wrote:
Uhuru wrote:I do like where you are heading with this as long as we keep in mind that casters aren't powerful strong. A few gemstones is one thing, but no way could they carry gold ingots for instance. And if you start talking the need to carry around different colored gemstones for different spells, it may start becoming a burden. Please just keep in mind their strength limitations. Thanks.
Good point.
But I think we can find a solution: Maybe mages are able to save the "energy" of those materials in some way. Baybe the can transform it and simply put it into parchments or scrolls. This way we could even ask for gold ingots and such.
Or you could embrace the strength as a limit and thus limit the power by them otherwise needing to carry a lot of gems?
I do not see a strength limit as a negative something when it could work in a system.
Uhuru

Post by Uhuru »

Jupiter wrote:
Good point.
I like this! Lets think about then which casters can craft which items of power and at what levels. and can any caster use any item? or any character for that matter?
Raelith

Post by Raelith »

Enchanted items (generally scrolls) are not unheard of as a tool to enhance magic.

In some scenarios, the caster would create a number of scrolls beforehand (it would be a limited item, maybe 5 allowed per character) that would allow the caster to cast a specific spell and it would use the magic in the scroll up in order to enhance a specific spell.

There were different uses for this such as instant casting, reduced mana usage, enhance spell strength.

A scenario would be "Raelith the ubermage needs to cast a healing spell that would generally heal about 50hp, use 40 mana and take 3 seconds to cast. He pulls out his uberscroll of epic healing and, depending on what the spell caster decided beforehand, one of several variables would take place:

The healing output would increase by 10%
The spell would be an instant cast
The mana requirement would reduce by 10%
The spell also affects an additional random target

It would take time (about 5-10 seconds) to charge a scroll and could use extra mana than the spell normally would to charge it.

Although the scroll is tied to one spell (or maybe a few spells that fall under a specific category such as, in this case, healing) they can be carried by anyone so a scenario...

The Bearers decide to hunt wascally wabbits (or maybe a dragon if the wabbits are too strong) and they have 4 people. Dji, Bob, Bert and Norman

Dji is a mage
Norman is a priest
Bert and Bob are melee fighters

All 4 can carry 5 scrolls that Dji and Norman have created beforehand totalling 20 scrolls. The hard limit for 4 chars is 20. HOW they choose to make these scrolls would be up to them.
Dji could want to take 15 scrolls relevant to his school of magic, leaving Norman with 5 for his priest magic or maybe they decide that Normans epic heals would be more beneficial to them (These ARE strong wabbits) so take ALL healing scrolls.

During the fight, Bob grazes his knee and Bert receives a wound to his little finger so Norman uses a scroll to heal each of them. Leaving Norman with 3 scrolls.

Norman could then technically create 2 more scrolls but they take a long time and use a lot of resources to create and the wabbits are busy chewing on the Bearers clean and polished boots.
Bert or Bob could then give Norman 2 of their scrolls instead, Taking Norman back up to 5.

Does this make sense? ( And i'm not picking on the Bearers really... :twisted: )
GolfLima

Post by GolfLima »

as a side note:

dont kill the small part alchemy have at the moment
if priests and mages all can do what potions do - why should i use than potions?

alchemy is only a 2nd craft for most of the char
not sure if an "Alchemist" could life only from brewing and selling potions ( may be an alchemist could answer this)
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

what Raelith is stating Golflima is that only mages can use scrolls but can only hold 5, if the mage gives 5 more for group members to hold then he wont run out.
GolfLima

Post by GolfLima »

Mephistopheles wrote:what Raelith is stating Golflima is that only mages can use scrolls but can only hold 5, if the mage gives 5 more for group members to hold then he wont run out.
-> my sidenote was in general not in relation to the post / article of Realith
-> i only try to understand what alchemist´s are needed for (adittionally to RP) if mages and priest can do all the things alchemists can do without needing such a lot and sometimes of seldom materials (keeping the time in mind an alchemist needed to collect all herbs)
-> it would be bad when alchemy is "killed" inplementing priest magic and mage magic
Manron

Post by Manron »

Also ich persönlich fand das alte System nicht schlecht.
Ein Magier ansich war nie sonderlich stark und auch in wirklichen Herstellungsberufen nicht wirklich der beste, da seine ganze Aufmerksamkeit der Magie galt.
Deswegen diese mit Materialien zu strafen nicht sonderlich fördernd, da sie so oder so fast alle "guten" Items entweder finden und reparieren müssen bzw es um einiges an Geld kaufen.
Die meisten Magier die ich von früher kannte waren Schneider oder Bäcker/Ackerbauern und damit kann man, sofern es hier um den Ausgleich zwischen Handwerkern, Kriegern und Magiern geht, nicht reich werden geschweige denn Edelsteine in rauen Mengen bezahlen.
Ein Krieger kann seine Attribute so verteilen, dass er trotz seiner Stärke, Sammelberufe maximieren konnte, wie Holzfällen oder Bergbau.
Ein Handwerker verteilte die Attribute so, dass seine Geschicklichkeit so hoch ist, perfekte Gegenstände herstellen zu können und noch genug Punkte für die Stärke ausgegeben wurde um doch noch für die Sammelberufe etwas übrig zu lassen.
Ein Magier an sich war eigentlich fast immer von schlanker Natur, nicht sonderlich stark aber stark genug um sich in absoluten Notfällen mit einem Dolch verteidigen zu können, sein handwerkliches Geschick grenzte fast an Körperverletzung.

Daher fände ich es nur fair, einem Spieler, der einen Magier spielen möchte, auch die dementsprechende "Macht/Kraft" zu geben. Denn sind wir ehrlich, gegen einen wirklich guten Bogenschützen oder Schwertkämper ist er ohnehin chancenlos.
Es würde das RP auch fördern wenn ein Magier mit Kriegern oder Handwerkern übt um gegen Magie resistent wird, dann wäre ein Magier bei trainiertem Skill schonmal wieder abgeschwächt. Ebenso ist es auch mit Kriegern die gegen andere Kämpfen, hierbei hängt die Stärke eher davon ab wie gut die Verteidigung ist und die kann man bekanntlich auch trainieren.
Und nachdem hier später sicherlich nicht mit Runen um sich geworfen wird und die Zeit eines Lehrlings zum voll ausgebildeten Magier eine sehr lange sein wird, denke ich sollte es diesbezüglich keine einschränkungen geben sondern so gehandhabt wie damals. Ein Lehrling wird für einen Feuerball fast sein gesammtes Mana aufbrauchen, wobei ein Magier 4-5 werfen kann ehe er Mana knappheit verspürt.
Priester ebenso, ein Novize wird für eine Heilung fast seine gesammte "göttliche" Kraft verbrauchen ehe er später geschult 4-5 mal um den Segen bitten kann und die Heilung stärker und öfter durchgeführt werden kann.

Ressourcen für einen Magier sollten lediglich sein Lehrer und sein Mana bleiben, ebenso für den Priester. Diese beiden Magierklassen werden anfangs sowieso überlaufen sein und jeder will einen mächten Magier spielen, einen dunklen Nekromanten oder sogar einen Priester Moshrans. Es wird einige Spieler sehr viel Zeit kosten sich Magier/Priester nennen zu dürfen und sich nebenbei noch damit rumzuquählen wie man genug Geld zur Seite legt um die Edelsteine zu bezahlen halte ich dann doch für etwas übertrieben und würde (zumindest wäre es bei mir der Fall) sehr den Spielspaß trüben.

Soviel von meiner Seite.
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

GolfLima wrote:
Mephistopheles wrote:what Raelith is stating Golflima is that only mages can use scrolls but can only hold 5, if the mage gives 5 more for group members to hold then he wont run out.
-> my sidenote was in general not in relation to the post / article of Realith
-> i only try to understand what alchemist´s are needed for (adittionally to RP) if mages and priest can do all the things alchemists can do without needing such a lot and sometimes of seldom materials (keeping the time in mind an alchemist needed to collect all herbs)
-> it would be bad when alchemy is "killed" inplementing priest magic and mage magic
Jupiter has been working on an alchemy 2 system for awhile, and alchemists are much different from mages, Alchemists make potions and manipulate matter (fine matter in Illa game lore) this will always have to to with materials because that is what matter is. In some way Alchemists are better than mages. Mages need alchemists for mana potions, and warriors may need an alchemist by their side for the boosts (which mages won't have of you've been paying attention) and to strip hostile mages of mana. Not to mention willpower may defend against a mages strike but there is no defense against an alchemists bomb, yes they are hard to make but are fatal in the correct hands (which is the obvious reason WHY they are so hard to make).

so my point is, you are highly underestimating Alchemists, they are a very good class but they are hard to understand and truly master. Alchemists could be unstoppable if played right, but generally roleplay wise they arent played that way. Anyway, alchemists won't die off after the mage system is implemented.
GolfLima

Post by GolfLima »

@Monran:

* Magier waren im "alten Illarion" MASSIV zu stark (ich habe Magier alleine Schatzkarten "silbriges Objekt" heben sehen) & zwar ohne Probleme!
* mein Char. ist Handwerker und dementsprechend auch als Kämpfer nicht wirklich zu gebrauchen (möglicherweise SOLLTE ich meine Attributspunkte optimieren)
* das "Lehrerprinzip" hat zum Ende vom "alten Illarion" überhaupt nicht mehr funktioniert - entweder wurden die Runen "Freunden" hinterher geworfen oder man hatte Pech und hatte KEINEN Lehrer & somit konnte man nicht Magier werden -> das war nicht sehr motivierend
* sollten Magier wieder solche Super- Heros werden kann mein Char. nur "verreisen"
* hochqualitative hochwertige Dinge herzustellen bedeutet für einen Handwerker jetzt oft den Einsatz von extrem seltenen Dingen (reine Elemente, Meriniumbarren), die er selber nur schwer besorgen kann und das Ergebnis ist immer noch in gewissen Maße vom Zufall abhängig - soll heißen wenn Du als Handwerker Pech hast hast Du riesige Mengen an Zeit und Material in "Nichts" investiert und ein perfektes Erzeugnis zu bekommen ist NIE garantiert, egal wie gut Du als Handwerker bist
* Magier sollten in gewisser Weise von Handwerkern und Kämpfern abhängig sein .... wie diese ja auch voneinander bzw von Magiern abhängig sein sollten
* das Problem des Lehrerprinzip´s ist es, das es ohne Kontrolle ist & massiv mißbraucht werden kann - und wurde
* nur Lehrer & Mana als Ressource für Magier & Priester wäre in etwa so wie wenn nur der Hunger der beschränkende Faktor für Handwerker wäre - leider benötigen Handwerker aber zusätzlich Ressourcen, die sie sich erst noch "besorgen" müssen - deswegen sollten auch Magier Ressourcen benötigen, die sie sich erst erarbeiten müssen
GolfLima

Post by GolfLima »

Mephistopheles wrote:so my point is, you are highly underestimating Alchemists, they are a very good class but they are hard to understand and truly master.
:arrow:
so alchemists are reduced to potion (bombs, mana, attribut boosts, healing) makers --> than they are like "special cooks" and crafters

(( and i´m not an nativ ENG speaker - so may be i dont understand some aspects of the discussion - sorry for that ))
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

GolfLima wrote:
Mephistopheles wrote:so my point is, you are highly underestimating Alchemists, they are a very good class but they are hard to understand and truly master.
:arrow:
so alchemists are reduced to potion (bombs, mana, attribut boosts, healing) makers --> than they are like "special cooks" and crafters

(( and i´m not an nativ ENG speaker - so may be i dont understand some aspects of the discussion - sorry for that ))
*sighs* NO! I'm saying actually the opposite, Jupiter is working on ALCHEMY II which will most likely give alchemists abilities or spells so to speak. If anything in my opinion Alchemists are the best class in the game. Mages will do nothing to harm that. Simply many people do not know how to put an alchemist class to such an awesome level, and others simply do not want to because it isn't the style of their roleplay.
Manron

Post by Manron »

Bei allem Respekt Golf, aber was benötigt denn ein Krieger, außer die Rüstung und Essen?
Das ein HANDWERKER Material benötigt, erklärt glaub ich der Name von selbst, also warum nicht jedem das spezifische lassen? Warum wenn du schon sagst wie schwer es sein wird, sollte es wieder ein Lehrer-System geben, noch mehr von dem Spieler verlangen, denn ich sehe keine andere Möglichkeit einem Char Runen beizubringen.
Ich spiele das Spiel lang genug, dieses Jahr werden es 12 Jahre, ich weiß dass du früher in die Bibliothek gerannt bist und dir die Rune MES und PEN aus einem Regal geholt hast, sofern dein "nachforschen"-Skill hoch genug war. Das Lehrersystem ist nicht perfekt, aber wir spielen hier ein RPG, also warum den Lehrer nicht selbst aussuchen lassen wen er Unterrichten möchte? Soweit ich das beurteilen kann, war es bei Dji stehts eine farse wielange er Unterrichtet hat und wielange es gedauert hat um eine schlichte MES Rune zu bekommen, doch das RP seinerseits war wirklich erfreulich und hat Spaß gemacht. Er gab Unterricht und warf niemanden die Runen nach. Es ist klar dass es in jedem System Fehler gibt, nichts ist perfekt und ich glaube die GMs haben bei dem letzten mal gemerkt wem man Runen anvertrauen kann und wem nicht.

Und nur weil dein Char nur auf Geschicklichkeit gedrillt ist, heißt dass bei weitem nicht dass du kein "Held" werden kannst mit deinen Kämpferfähigkeiten. Es obliegt dir deinen Charackter zu trainieren, oder glaubst du ein Magier wird einfach so zum "Warlord"? Nein, er braucht sofern ich das beurteilen kann um ein vielfaches mehr auch nur EINE Magierichtung zu erlernen, wärend ein Krieger mit einem anderen zur selben Zeit gleich drei Skills übt, Parieren, die jeweilige Rüstung und die jeweilige Waffenklasse.
Also meiner Ansicht nach, wäre die Zeit die ein Magie/Priester-Lehrling investiert sogar größer als ein Krieger, der sich mit zwei Schildern zwischen eine Meute Mumien stellt um das parieren zu üben.

Ein Handwerker sollte kein Krieger sein, habe ich auch nie behauptet da, wie du selbst gesagt hast, deine Attribute anderweitig verteilt hast, aber du hast auf jedenfall die Ambitionen dafür, die ein Magier nicht wirklich hat. Denn spielt ein Magier gut, wird er den Nahkampf meiden, da er sehr anfällig ist, weil er für gewöhnlich nur eine Robe und schlicht Kleidung trägt um (so wie es Dji immer so schön gesagt hat) den Manafluss nicht zu stören.

Mir ist klar dass wieder einige versuchen werden das neue System, was auch immer am Ende rauskommen mag, auszunutzen, doch hier liegt es an den GMs gut überlegt die Runen an jene zu verteilen die auch wirklich Wissen was man damit macht und an wen man sie weiter reicht.
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

Allow me to refer to a former post of mine: http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... 86#p679286

Alchemists/druids/poisoner/quacksalver/communists are not forgotten.
Ranwyln

Post by Ranwyln »

If someone wants to do a summary in english i can try and translate it into german so everyone is up to date or if someone has questions feel free to ask, should be able to translate most of the things in an understandable english/german.
And in my opinion in the old system mages where overpowered (only remember one occasion clearly where a mage came down in the graveyard killed the lich in a few seconds and ported away). And there shouldnt be a teacher system as before cause than it will depend on the mood of a few, who will have access to magic and who not (still it can be roleplayed and a master can take an adept as it is roleplayed with fighters/crafters/archers/alchemists already).

And the idea behind the materials was more like, you can cast without but to be really good or to cast powerful spells you need them, like warriors need repaired armours and weapons or they will be sooner or later naked and crafters need materials.It gives a limitation cause of missing strength attributes so they cant carry loads of the materials. And other classes are limited due to the attributes too, at least if you want to be a real good fighter/archer/alchemist/crafter and not just a "medium" one.

And at the moment its just a hypothetically discussion and nothing fixed as i see it. So we try to find pros and contras for different possible magic systems to find the best one.
GolfLima

Post by GolfLima »

Manron wrote: Das Lehrersystem ist nicht perfekt, aber wir spielen hier ein RPG, also warum den Lehrer nicht selbst aussuchen lassen wen er Unterrichten möchte?
* Ein Char von mir hat auf Gobaith eine sehr lange Zeit nach einem Magielehrer gesucht und als er endlich einen gefunden hatte, "verschwand" dieser irgendwann was dazu führte, das er in den Grundzügen der Ausbildung stecken geblieben ist. Er hat auch nie wieder einen neuen Lehrer gefunden :arrow: damit war der Ausflug in den Bereich der Magie BEENDET --> Handwerker kann JEDER werden - Magier eben leider nicht (auch wenn der Char. dafür ausgelegt ist) & dem sollte entgegengewirkt werden
* Jedem Spieler sollte die Möglichkeit gegeben werden einen magischen Char. zu spielen, wenn dies bedeutet vom "Wohlwollen" eines anderen Spielers abhängig zu sein, dann läuft meiner Meinung nach etwas FALSCH.
* Kämpfer benötigen Handwerker, die Ihnen Ausrüstung & Waffen fertigen
(( p.s. natürlich könnte ich meinen Char. systemtechnisch "optimieren" - aber wie Du selber sagtest dies ist ein RPG keine "Weltmeisterschaft der Helden" ))
Uhuru

Post by Uhuru »

Could we please get a translation for the pieces written in old?
GolfLima

Post by GolfLima »

Manron wrote:Also ich persönlich fand das alte System nicht schlecht.
Ein Magier ansich war nie sonderlich stark und auch in wirklichen Herstellungsberufen nicht wirklich der beste, da seine ganze Aufmerksamkeit der Magie galt.
Deswegen diese mit Materialien zu strafen nicht sonderlich fördernd, da sie so oder so fast alle "guten" Items entweder finden und reparieren müssen bzw es um einiges an Geld kaufen.
Die meisten Magier die ich von früher kannte waren Schneider oder Bäcker/Ackerbauern und damit kann man, sofern es hier um den Ausgleich zwischen Handwerkern, Kriegern und Magiern geht, nicht reich werden geschweige denn Edelsteine in rauen Mengen bezahlen.
Ein Krieger kann seine Attribute so verteilen, dass er trotz seiner Stärke, Sammelberufe maximieren konnte, wie Holzfällen oder Bergbau.
Ein Handwerker verteilte die Attribute so, dass seine Geschicklichkeit so hoch ist, perfekte Gegenstände herstellen zu können und noch genug Punkte für die Stärke ausgegeben wurde um doch noch für die Sammelberufe etwas übrig zu lassen.
Ein Magier an sich war eigentlich fast immer von schlanker Natur, nicht sonderlich stark aber stark genug um sich in absoluten Notfällen mit einem Dolch verteidigen zu können, sein handwerkliches Geschick grenzte fast an Körperverletzung.

Daher fände ich es nur fair, einem Spieler, der einen Magier spielen möchte, auch die dementsprechende "Macht/Kraft" zu geben. Denn sind wir ehrlich, gegen einen wirklich guten Bogenschützen oder Schwertkämper ist er ohnehin chancenlos.
Es würde das RP auch fördern wenn ein Magier mit Kriegern oder Handwerkern übt um gegen Magie resistent wird, dann wäre ein Magier bei trainiertem Skill schonmal wieder abgeschwächt. Ebenso ist es auch mit Kriegern die gegen andere Kämpfen, hierbei hängt die Stärke eher davon ab wie gut die Verteidigung ist und die kann man bekanntlich auch trainieren.
Und nachdem hier später sicherlich nicht mit Runen um sich geworfen wird und die Zeit eines Lehrlings zum voll ausgebildeten Magier eine sehr lange sein wird, denke ich sollte es diesbezüglich keine einschränkungen geben sondern so gehandhabt wie damals. Ein Lehrling wird für einen Feuerball fast sein gesammtes Mana aufbrauchen, wobei ein Magier 4-5 werfen kann ehe er Mana knappheit verspürt.
Priester ebenso, ein Novize wird für eine Heilung fast seine gesammte "göttliche" Kraft verbrauchen ehe er später geschult 4-5 mal um den Segen bitten kann und die Heilung stärker und öfter durchgeführt werden kann.

Ressourcen für einen Magier sollten lediglich sein Lehrer und sein Mana bleiben, ebenso für den Priester. Diese beiden Magierklassen werden anfangs sowieso überlaufen sein und jeder will einen mächten Magier spielen, einen dunklen Nekromanten oder sogar einen Priester Moshrans. Es wird einige Spieler sehr viel Zeit kosten sich Magier/Priester nennen zu dürfen und sich nebenbei noch damit rumzuquählen wie man genug Geld zur Seite legt um die Edelsteine zu bezahlen halte ich dann doch für etwas übertrieben und würde (zumindest wäre es bei mir der Fall) sehr den Spielspaß trüben.

Soviel von meiner Seite.
This is not a translation ONLY a short summary of the text and i´m not perfect in translation german into english:

he found the old teaching system for mages not bad
a mage isnt strong and not a very good crafter – he´s focused on magic
they need to find good items or must buy them for a lot of gold – so a need of materials is a punishment for mages
most of the mages have crafts where they are not able to earn a lot of money
mages cant pay for a lot of gems
fighters can also be good crafters in some crafts (mining, wood cutting)
crafters can produce perfect things have a high dexterity and are strong enough to maximise collecting crafts
mages arnt strong ...can defend in emergency case with a dagger and have no dexterity for crafts

# sounds fair to give mages enough power / strength
# mages are lost in fights against warriors (close and distance)

would be good if mages train magic resistance with fighters / crafters → but this ends in weakening mages against others
no one will give out a lot of runes in short time and the teaching of mage students will take a long time so it would be fine if there are no restrictions and the „teach – learn“ process should be like the old one
a mage student need his whole mana for an easy fire ball spell / a mage can spell fire balls 4 or 5 times than he needs „new“ mana
priests students needs their whole „god given power“ to heal someone / later a priest can heal 4 – 5 times before needing new power

ressources for mages should be only Mana and Teacher ..also for priests
at the beginning there will be a Run to become a mage, necromancer, priest (of moshran)
it will take a long time to become a prist / mage and much more time to collect money to buy gems
→ this would reduce the fun of the game
GolfLima

Post by GolfLima »

GolfLima wrote:@Monran:

* Magier waren im "alten Illarion" MASSIV zu stark (ich habe Magier alleine Schatzkarten "silbriges Objekt" heben sehen) & zwar ohne Probleme!
* mein Char. ist Handwerker und dementsprechend auch als Kämpfer nicht wirklich zu gebrauchen (möglicherweise SOLLTE ich meine Attributspunkte optimieren)
* das "Lehrerprinzip" hat zum Ende vom "alten Illarion" überhaupt nicht mehr funktioniert - entweder wurden die Runen "Freunden" hinterher geworfen oder man hatte Pech und hatte KEINEN Lehrer & somit konnte man nicht Magier werden -> das war nicht sehr motivierend
* sollten Magier wieder solche Super- Heros werden kann mein Char. nur "verreisen"
* hochqualitative hochwertige Dinge herzustellen bedeutet für einen Handwerker jetzt oft den Einsatz von extrem seltenen Dingen (reine Elemente, Meriniumbarren), die er selber nur schwer besorgen kann und das Ergebnis ist immer noch in gewissen Maße vom Zufall abhängig - soll heißen wenn Du als Handwerker Pech hast hast Du riesige Mengen an Zeit und Material in "Nichts" investiert und ein perfektes Erzeugnis zu bekommen ist NIE garantiert, egal wie gut Du als Handwerker bist
* Magier sollten in gewisser Weise von Handwerkern und Kämpfern abhängig sein .... wie diese ja auch voneinander bzw von Magiern abhängig sein sollten
* das Problem des Lehrerprinzip´s ist es, das es ohne Kontrolle ist & massiv mißbraucht werden kann - und wurde
* nur Lehrer & Mana als Ressource für Magier & Priester wäre in etwa so wie wenn nur der Hunger der beschränkende Faktor für Handwerker wäre - leider benötigen Handwerker aber zusätzlich Ressourcen, die sie sich erst noch "besorgen" müssen - deswegen sollten auch Magier Ressourcen benötigen, die sie sich erst erarbeiten müssen
This is not a translation ONLY a short summary of the text and i´m not perfect in translation german into english:

mages were overpowered in the old illarion system ( i have seen that only a mage digging a silver thing map allone with no problem)
my char is a crafter and therefore also not a good fighter (may be i should optimise the attributes)
the „teacher-student-system“ doesnt work at the end of old illarion – some get runes from „friends“ in the fastest way that was possible – others do not find a teacher and cant become a mage -that was not realy motivating
if mages becomes such „super heros“ again my char can only make a very long journey
perfect high level things could now only try to made when using rare items like pure elements or merinium wich can be gthered realy hard – and the result isnt sure – idf you have bad luck you get only a normal quality thing and the all materials are lost – you have no guarantee to get a perfect high level thing – it doesnt matter how qualified and experianced you´re crafter is
the result of making something is also controlled by luck / accident
mages should be reliant of crafters and fighters as well as they should be reliant from mages and each other
the problem of „teacher-student-system“ is that no one can control it and it was hardly misused
only teacher and mana as ressources for mages is similar to only hunger is the limitation factor for crafters – but crafters need a lot of ressources and it will take a lot of time to gather them – so also mages should need some ressources they have to gather
Last edited by GolfLima on Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GolfLima

Post by GolfLima »

Manron wrote:Bei allem Respekt Golf, aber was benötigt denn ein Krieger, außer die Rüstung und Essen?
Das ein HANDWERKER Material benötigt, erklärt glaub ich der Name von selbst, also warum nicht jedem das spezifische lassen? Warum wenn du schon sagst wie schwer es sein wird, sollte es wieder ein Lehrer-System geben, noch mehr von dem Spieler verlangen, denn ich sehe keine andere Möglichkeit einem Char Runen beizubringen.
Ich spiele das Spiel lang genug, dieses Jahr werden es 12 Jahre, ich weiß dass du früher in die Bibliothek gerannt bist und dir die Rune MES und PEN aus einem Regal geholt hast, sofern dein "nachforschen"-Skill hoch genug war. Das Lehrersystem ist nicht perfekt, aber wir spielen hier ein RPG, also warum den Lehrer nicht selbst aussuchen lassen wen er Unterrichten möchte? Soweit ich das beurteilen kann, war es bei Dji stehts eine farse wielange er Unterrichtet hat und wielange es gedauert hat um eine schlichte MES Rune zu bekommen, doch das RP seinerseits war wirklich erfreulich und hat Spaß gemacht. Er gab Unterricht und warf niemanden die Runen nach. Es ist klar dass es in jedem System Fehler gibt, nichts ist perfekt und ich glaube die GMs haben bei dem letzten mal gemerkt wem man Runen anvertrauen kann und wem nicht.

Und nur weil dein Char nur auf Geschicklichkeit gedrillt ist, heißt dass bei weitem nicht dass du kein "Held" werden kannst mit deinen Kämpferfähigkeiten. Es obliegt dir deinen Charackter zu trainieren, oder glaubst du ein Magier wird einfach so zum "Warlord"? Nein, er braucht sofern ich das beurteilen kann um ein vielfaches mehr auch nur EINE Magierichtung zu erlernen, wärend ein Krieger mit einem anderen zur selben Zeit gleich drei Skills übt, Parieren, die jeweilige Rüstung und die jeweilige Waffenklasse.
Also meiner Ansicht nach, wäre die Zeit die ein Magie/Priester-Lehrling investiert sogar größer als ein Krieger, der sich mit zwei Schildern zwischen eine Meute Mumien stellt um das parieren zu üben.

Ein Handwerker sollte kein Krieger sein, habe ich auch nie behauptet da, wie du selbst gesagt hast, deine Attribute anderweitig verteilt hast, aber du hast auf jedenfall die Ambitionen dafür, die ein Magier nicht wirklich hat. Denn spielt ein Magier gut, wird er den Nahkampf meiden, da er sehr anfällig ist, weil er für gewöhnlich nur eine Robe und schlicht Kleidung trägt um (so wie es Dji immer so schön gesagt hat) den Manafluss nicht zu stören.

Mir ist klar dass wieder einige versuchen werden das neue System, was auch immer am Ende rauskommen mag, auszunutzen, doch hier liegt es an den GMs gut überlegt die Runen an jene zu verteilen die auch wirklich Wissen was man damit macht und an wen man sie weiter reicht.

# what does a fighter need without weapons and armor?
# that a crafter needs materials is evident – but why not have different classes with their specific
# why request more from mage students if it is hard to find a teacher (( may be this translationo isnt correct ...but i did not know how to translate it better))
# i did not see another possibility as a „teacher-student-system“ to teach runes
# he´s is playing 12 years
# the teaching system was not perfect but we are playing an RPG
# why not allowing a teacher to select a student?
# it takes a long time to get the MES rune from Dji but the RP was always fun
# Dji was given lectures and dont gave out runes fast
# there are always errors in each system and now the GM´s knows whom to give runes and whom not

your Char can be a hero also if he has only a high dexterity and isnt a good fighter – he has to train than
are you thinking it is easy to became an advanced warlord? - he needs more than one magical direction (scool) – a fighter trains at the same time 3 skills armor, parry and weapon class
a mage needs much more time than a fighter using to shields in a group of mummies to learn parry

a crafter should not be a fighter
but a crafter char has more chances to be a good fighter than a mage due to the attributes
a realy good mage would avoid close combat – he have no armor only normal clothes – Dji says to allow the mana flowing
sure some would misuse the new system (whichever this will be) – but therefore the GM´s should have an eye on who is getting runes and who not
GolfLima

Post by GolfLima »

GolfLima wrote:* Ein Char von mir hat auf Gobaith eine sehr lange Zeit nach einem Magielehrer gesucht und als er endlich einen gefunden hatte, "verschwand" dieser irgendwann was dazu führte, das er in den Grundzügen der Ausbildung stecken geblieben ist. Er hat auch nie wieder einen neuen Lehrer gefunden damit war der Ausflug in den Bereich der Magie BEENDET --> Handwerker kann JEDER werden - Magier eben leider nicht (auch wenn der Char. dafür ausgelegt ist) & dem sollte entgegengewirkt werden
* Jedem Spieler sollte die Möglichkeit gegeben werden einen magischen Char. zu spielen, wenn dies bedeutet vom "Wohlwollen" eines anderen Spielers abhängig zu sein, dann läuft meiner Meinung nach etwas FALSCH.
* Kämpfer benötigen Handwerker, die Ihnen Ausrüstung & Waffen fertigen
(( p.s. natürlich könnte ich meinen Char. systemtechnisch "optimieren" - aber wie Du selber sagtest dies ist ein RPG keine "Weltmeisterschaft der Helden" ))

+ one char of mine tried to find a teacher a long time on Gobaith
+ than he found one but the teacher leave Gobaith (and never came back)
+ so the student has only some runes and he never found a new teacher
+ THIS was the end of trying to play a magical char
→ this was realy not motivating
+ every char could be a crafter – mage NOT (also if the char was created to be a mage) – and this should be keep in mind
+ every player should have the chance to play a mage/priest without beeing reliant from a „teacher“ - otherwise there is something wrong in my eyes
+ fighter need equipment (armor and weapons) from crafters

(( i could optimize my char attributes in accordance to the system – but as you said this is an RPG not the World championship of heros ))
Annabeth

Post by Annabeth »

I know there was a vote held, though I still wish to express my feeling by elaborating upon what Golflima said about magic availability.
As far as I've understood(and can remember) , the vote ended with the most votes on lesser runes being available to all but the higher ones being only available through teachers.
The kind of system I imagine would be better, is one where obtaining runes would be easier through a teacher, just like the recipes for a potion in the alchemy system can be more easily obtained through a tutor in alchemy, though, just like in alchemy, runes just like potion recipes should be available to obtain through some effort even without a teacher, not only limiting it to the lesser but also the greater kind of runes.

(And of course by runes I mean whatever will be implemented to channel magic, whether it will be runes once more or something else.)
GolfLima

Post by GolfLima »

Annabeth wrote: .....runes just like potion recipes should be available to obtain through some effort even without a teacher, not only limiting it to the lesser but also the greater kind of runes.
true .... why should be "runes" the only thing i can get only from a teacher ... and why should be a student reliant in such a way to a teacher?
Raelith

Post by Raelith »

I agree with GolfLima in the sense that a magic user should not be a drop-in replacement for an alchemist. In my examples you notice that I have not included spells to replace key aspects of alchemy that exist, used to exist and may yet come with Alchemy 2.0.

EXAMPLES:
Transformation Potions
Mana Regen Potions
Growth Potions
Language Potions
Mana Bombs
Attribute Potions

GolfLima is 100% right that Alchemy and Magic should be seperate and any overlapping will just cause confusion to new players and could effectively harm existing players
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... =1&t=38347 This is the poll taken and I think it covers what most wish for a mage including the abilities and teaching. On the whole I think it is a good mix, perhaps expanding it to include other areas might be helpful.
GolfLima

Post by GolfLima »

...and some char will be excluded to become a mage :cry:

(( how many old speaking teachers can you remember at the end from Gobaith except Djironnyma? ))
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

GolfLima wrote:...and some char will be excluded to become a mage :cry:

(( how many old speaking teachers can you remember at the end from Gobaith except Djironnyma? ))
I had three german speaking students out of four total. It took my original character two years to learn magic from three different teachers. I still love the teaching system and think a compromise as what is listed in the poll would be great for roleplay.
Alrik

Post by Alrik »

GolfLima wrote:...and some char will be excluded to become a mage :cry:

No character could be everything at the same time
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

Do you want to suggest that your theorie have do do anything with yout question? It have in no way. It isnt neigther decided if former teachers will be able to teach nor if this will be the only one nor if it will stay the only way. Please be a bit less optimistic.

Exept that i know at least 4 active german speaking players of former magic teachers.