don't let your equipment be without a name

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Nanuk

don't let your equipment be without a name

Post by Nanuk »

Most probably some time in the future it is planned that after you died your body is completly lootable.

First off, I agree to this system, as it doesn't sound very realistic if you would keep all the stuff on your body. But still it hurts me ;) that I will have no way to get my equipment back and the person who has stolen my stuff will live in peace there after.

What do you think of a system where it will be possible in special circumstances that I develope a close relationship :biggrin: to some (or one) pieces of my equipment. Maybe after a long time of use, after killing special creatures or after fullfilling a quest, I have the possibility to give a piece of my equipment a name, which it will keep until it is destroyed or until this magic is undone. So e.g. my longsword will cary the name Nàgaron. This sword will still be lootable BUT if my charakter comes close to it, he will feel the presence of Nàgaron and will be able to determine from which direction this feeling is coming from. But he has to be close to the sword (maybe just one screen away) and if there is more than one charakter close by, he will not be able to tell who exactly carries the sword.

It is also possible that mages or bards are able to gain the knowledge of a spell with which the process of naming and "unnaming" can be done.

Either way it should not be easy to achieve and it should be impossible to carry more than one (or two) pieces with a name.

Nanuk