pieces of evidence

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Nanuk

pieces of evidence

Post by Nanuk »

I have posted this some time ago on the Tibia boards and as I think it is a nice proposal I will try it here again. :biggrin:

I expect that killing will be allowed without restrictions and an in-game solution for murderers will be favoured.

Most of the time it is very hard to proof if someone really was the murderer. If there are witnesses it depends on the reputation of them but even then there is no proof. So if there will be a kind of court system and a prison this should be supported by in-game features.

Wouldn't it be nice if pieces of evidence could be found in the close vicinity of the murder, which fade away after some time if they were not found?

Two ways are possible: Either these pieces could reveal the name of the murderer -> that would be the easy way, or it could reveal some information of who the murderer could be -> the more interesting solution.

For the second way these pieces of evidence would show their information by clicking on them. It could be many things, some rubbish laying on the street, pools of blood (what can be filled into bottles), the corpse itself, foodprints, ...

The corpse would show the way how the victim was killed. Other pieces could reveal the hair colour; the blood could reveal the race of the murderer, and so on. To ensure the success of this feature some attributes should be able to choose and have to be shown on each charakter, like hair colour (with the exeptions of lizardman ;)).

To ensure that these pieces of evidence are difficult to fake, the name of the victim should be part of the explanation e.g.:
"This is some blood found near the corpse of Nanuk. It smells orcish."

This system might be difficult to program though and might need to be worked out some more, but what do you think?

Nanuk
martin

pieces of evidence

Post by martin »

sounds great, i planned something like that for a quest in tibia some years ago. however, it has some difficulties: there are no real bodies. we will have to deal with things except (outside) the body, like pools of blood ect. (the things you suggested). i find it wonderful, really great. IMO this can be implemented quite fast.

martin
Eleanor Rigby

pieces of evidence

Post by Eleanor Rigby »

I think this is a great idea. There shoud be a sort of detective skill. With this skill you can determine how the victim was killed (by using the corpse) and find pieces of evidence, maybe by using some sort of item with the corpse. But if the victim didn't fight with the murderer and the murderer didn't get any injuries you shouldn't be able to find blood or hair.
In addition to this system there should be a system to see if somebody is injured.  
martin

pieces of evidence

Post by martin »

the problem is: there is no corpse!

martin
Bror

pieces of evidence

Post by Bror »

corpse would be no problem (at least for the programmers). More problems would involve hair color etc on the player graphics,
and the items with the hints.
martin

pieces of evidence

Post by martin »

hold on - brown hair does not necessarily have to be brown. it's enough if the description is "brown hair".
therefore it would be nice to be able to set these variables when creating a char (as it is done in p&p as well...) and to be able to recognize someones haircolor etc. (as text!).

i think text-information is something illarion could make massively use of, since it provides possibilities which would otherwise not be realizable...
(the task is to find a way to avoid too much net-traffic; therefore introduce a system of standard-messages/texts/, if you didn't already do that ;) ).

martin
Dax

pieces of evidence

Post by Dax »

Hey Martin I think I could help alittle

Email me
DantaxRage@aol.com
martin

pieces of evidence

Post by martin »

what kind of help?

martin