Potions&Quests

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Sskakzk'krr

Potions&Quests

Post by Sskakzk'krr »

Well if or when we can use potions on others itd be cool to have some that transform them into monsters,migets,ect..and maybe a telport potion where you use it then click a part of the map you wanna tele to.Also I really think we need a npc that gives quest and rewards for finishing them.Lotsa quest now!!We really need quest guys.Just working on skills and making money get boring after awhile so pleaz put some quests in.

MD
Erdrick

Potions&Quests

Post by Erdrick »

Very nice.
We need potions that will reverse the effects, too.
ONION?  Hey! Bror! I thought you said onions were gonna have a use!
And maybe fish. Mmmmm, fish stew, makes earlobes grow :)
Nice idea,  about the NPC quest...
Maybe a reward of a hint? Like telling us how to get Bror's
"Super MAGIC Trowel" (handed down from wise men long ago) :)

Well, great ideas Aries. Havent seen you on but i hope to see you in illarion soon...
Sskakzk'krr

Potions&Quests

Post by Sskakzk'krr »

haven't been on much lately:smile:not really much to do that I haven't already done.Just waiting for some stuff to make it interesting.

MD
Dax

Potions&Quests

Post by Dax »

A tele potion to use on someone else.. turning people into monsters and.. oh dear god the chaos it could make...
Would you like to be turned into an ooze?! And then have people attack you because they dont know better?

Some potions simply should NOT be able to be used on others.

I think some of those potions should be spells "or special quest 1 time use spell items"

the way this game works someone could have 250 tele potions and imagine the server trying to.. ugh.

alright enough with that... about NPC's

I have played serveral games with NPC's as quest givers... my opinion is Boooo!!!!!

A player gets the quest, gets it done and comes back.. gets another and does nothign but quest.. not that its a bad thing but imagine the stuff they accumilate... Not to mention only so many quest at one time considering the spawn rate of quest items, monsters, and items..
EG:  A quest is to kill the red dragon, he can't spawn that quickly especially concerning some people would stick around and kill him mulitple times and wait for others and ambushthem "done this before actually" and hurt the character so the dragon kills them.. its a legal death not a pk so you get thier items and then you kill the dragon too.. or run.

If a quest is "retieve the golden cup"
It would have to be a slow spawn because the player would wait and get many many  cups.. sell them OR use them so when they get the quest again just give it to the quest NPC.

A possible solution would be to make a trap door or chest player opens to get it in the secret quest area whic would only open to the questors character "alot of programing"

So How about this?

Have a room or building or cave whatever ONLY game ops sysops mods guides "whatever you call them" can go in. Inside the cave have it stocked with questable items and send out a .doc file containing diffrent quest and such players can do.

Then allow The Game "Masters?" to control quests and that would also amount to more rare items and anticipation for the upcoming quest!
Some Game "Masters?" would have to be hired so It's not once in a blue moon and keeps players interested, but I think it's a great idea. Also I would love to be one of them =)
I do have Mod and game master experience  and love it hehe

But aside form my own dreams, thats what I think should be done and why.