Walking

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Sskakzk'krr

Walking

Post by Sskakzk'krr »

could you make it so we can walk in all directons and maybe a run button lol.Or some transportion be nice.Maybe I'll build me a ship when we can move in all dirctions.

MD
Eleanor Rigby

Walking

Post by Eleanor Rigby »

What do you mean by moving in all directions? Moving in 8 directions? Maybe that would be possible. But really moving in all directions would make no sence, the game is tile -based.
Yes, and being abel to rund wouldn't be bad to. But in this case a system with stamina - points would be necessary.
And a ship or transport - system seems to be very difficult to make, I think we couldn't expect this  in such an early stage of the game. Maybe in a year, when they've done all the basics. But I'd love it to have ships too.
Sskakzk'krr

Walking

Post by Sskakzk'krr »

Yes 8 ways.I mean god I was trying to walk to a road on the map and I had to walk side ways half way then sides ways the other.Really takes a long time to get to a point that seems right in front of you.Oh and bout the runing thing I think the "stamina"should be the mana.since druids don't really have a use for mana they should atleast be able to use it some.And it would also stop pple from pking with spells that mush since theyd have to run to catch the person.

MD
Bror

Walking

Post by Bror »

No, it won't be possible to walk in 8 ways. It would need double amount of pictures and memory for all player/monster graphics and it would cause some graphic problems.
The Mana doesn't realy fit as stammina, since it is something magical, that has nothing to do with running or exaustion.
martin

Walking

Post by martin »

it would - theoretically - be possible to create the graphics (quite easy, tough it would need some time).
but i think it's not worth doing, for it needs a lot of diskspace and it isn't sooo necessary.
running would be possible too, but i'd say: there are other things to do first. i'd love to see a great magical system like in no other online-(and offline)-rpg!
(who is working on it? is it gala? i'd love to help him/her ;) ). i would have really a lot of different ideas, not only fighting-spells, but some "nonsense"-spells and non-combat-spells too. (just as an example what to do first).

martin
Dax

Walking

Post by Dax »

WHOO HOO!!

Someone with some nonsense! WHy do all spells HAVE to be useful? I know it would take a VERY long time.. but if you ever get bored... you know all those little combonations that dont do ANYTHING? Well maybe a few would make sense but still dont do anything.. hmm

Make em do something earratic! Doesnt have to help.. might even hinder the character in some way. MAgic isn't always nice you know? Imagine a spell that causes instant death lol what a pain.. Actually I was thinking more on a sheep spell.. or maybe a spell that would summon creatures, monsters.. and depending on your skill is how strong or what kind of monster.. yes yes it would be alittle difficult, but it's actually fairly simple once you figure out how. Anyhow I'll leave the ingenious ideas up to the "other guy"  <big grin>