Guild information - - member numbers rising -

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Damien

Guild information - - member numbers rising -

Post by Damien »

We have now reached the number of ten members. Tendency : growing.

Our joining procedure goes as follows : The person who wants to join contacts us, with character data (name, gender, profession ). Then his name will be displayed in the members section. When no member votes against the joining of this person, he / she will be put on the member list, with email and (if existing) icq number (for quick guild communications). He/she will be told the CODEX, and will be given the Title of Adjutor, that is a new member. Member data will be mailed to him/her then.
Dax

Guild information

Post by Dax »

Hmm Title huh? Well What would I be ;)

Anyhow.. Also Im curious..

How does one go up in guild "rank"

Lastly, What do you offer.. or why should someone join your guild?
Nosaj

Guild information

Post by Nosaj »

I've heard that you get "Illarion the board game" for joining.  The game starts with a flat board which then must be placed diagonally by the 19th turn.  For each additional member recruited you earn a "get out of dungeon free" card.
But, seriously folks, the only thing to gain from membership in any guild is group coordination.  One person alone cannot build a castle..
Damien

Guild information

Post by Damien »

Yes, that is right... and a group can achieve a lot. For now, we help newbies and ask them to help other newbies when they can. Our coordination goes mainly with icq, that is one of the quickest methods... the other way is the private forum, and an email group thing.
In the Moment, we collect lots of silver bars to build a huge library. Other buildings may perhaps follow, if members come up with ideas and such. The more we are, the more money we have for use in time, and the larger are the abilities for the players in our group to form the face of the world. That is simple and productive.
We also have some kind of philosophy that includes good behaviour. But the content of this is our secret ;).

- by the way, we now are 13...

(Edited by Damien at 4:59 pm on Mar. 22, 2001)
Dax

Guild information

Post by Dax »

Your cause seems nobel enough, however I think I am going to stay my own lonesome Merc self.

I help noobs, I collect bars "simply because thats only thing left to really do"

I'll keep you guys in mind.
Im not one to dottle at the end of the hook, I rather climb the pole so if you come up with a rank system for the guild or however that would be done, that itselfs gives me a goal to advance.
Damien

Guild information

Post by Damien »

There will not be a specialized "rank system" in the Order. There are members, adjutors (new members) and Elders (experienced long-time members). When our numbers will be enough, we will dicide into divisions, and then we will need division leaders and co-leaders.
The main idea is : everyone in the Order has much freedom, but needs to follow the Codex. The Codex itself will not be known by non-members.
Dax

Guild information

Post by Dax »

You STILL did not naswer my question Damien.

Rank.. the way you excell in the guild.. the way you show your loyalty and hard work...

How do you get it?  If the answer is time thats pretty disappointing.
Silversmith

Guild information

Post by Silversmith »

Dax you should be a tavernkeeper i hope to get at least 5 to 10 oficial people to be in it and help me run my establishment once it is up and runing.  You already said i could use your name when i have the money to make a house(really a inn).  Why not go in all the way?  What do ya say.
Damien

Guild information

Post by Damien »

Ah, sorry Dax... now i get your point.
To get a new rank, means to be in the Order for a while, and follow the CODEX. If an Adjutor shows that he truly follows the path, he will be asked some questions concerning the understanding of the CODEX, and then he will be called a member. If a member serves a long time, or / and often proves that he/she is worthy, than he may be promoted to "Elder" some day. There are no more ranks, but the other titles mean work. People who act against the CODEX may be punished, degraded or banned from the order. The members are equal amongst each other. An Elder may perhaps be called into the high circle, but in secret.