LOOK when i say Cult, IM SERIOUS!

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Mandil Aglandol
Location: looking confused, yet making others even more confused

LOOK when i say Cult, IM SERIOUS!

Post by Mandil Aglandol »

Look everyone, when Mandil is making the Cult of the Zhylliolöm i mean, Mandil REALLY believes this stuff, he is SERIOUS, now, dont think that this is all a joke, though it KINDA is, but not really, it STARTED as a joke, but then i thought that there wernt enough cults in Illarion, most people worship REAL gods and such, unlike reality, were most people DONT worship real gods, its just accepted that Elara, Malachin, Nargun, Zelphia, and the others are REAL gods, for all the characters know, they ARNT they have NEVER met the REAL gods, they have NEVER seen them either! So when somone starts claiming somone of overwelming power IS a god, it would seem more realistic to think that HE or SHE is a TRUE god or goddess, instead of the ones who they have never seen or heard of. Really, there were MORE cults than there were "true" gods and goddesses in the ancient greek and roman times, which is more of what the setting is for illarion i would think, as far as faiths and pantheons. I am just ranting and raving so dont pay me MUCH mind, but really THINK about it for a moment, Why DONT you believe that some creature who can take a twohanded sword in his gut and not even feel it ISNT a god! If I saw somone do THAT i wouldnt know WHAT i would believe! Muten Roshi does things that SEEM deity-like and thus, people would start to worship him and believe he IS a god. well, thats all, i just felt like venting because of all the crap i have been getting about "bad RP" and "waste of your time" and "thats stupid" and other things! gah!....
Adano Eles

Post by Adano Eles »

The difference between the real world and Illarion is that the gods of Illarion are real. They have proven their existance various times and will prove it again. So there is no reason for people to look for "replacement gods".
Of course you can worship everyone you want but don't expect the others to join your strange believe, and don't wonder if we try to convert you.
Mandil Aglandol

Adano Eles wrote:The difference between the real world and Illarion is that the gods of Illarion are real. They have proven their existance various times and will prove it again. So there is no reason for people to look for "replacement gods".
are you so sure about that? yes they HAVE done things, but, the only proof of such things is stuff written in books and ledgers, i know that none of any of the characters i have played as in illarion have EVER seen some of the "Real" gods, and i doubt anyone ELSE has either, and just because some priests pray to the "gods" and somone is cured from some curse or whatnot, doesnt mean they are REALLY cured by the "gods" it just means they were cured, though i will say that is a powerful miracle, but, Muten has done some stuff which is miraculous too, so it evens out, No one has EVER seen the REAL gods, NO ONE so dont go saying "they have proven their existance various times" because they have NOT done so yet, as far as i know. if they HAVE i would like you to point out to me an exact TIME AND PLACE when they have, along with more than just one or two witnesses. i know VERY many people who have seen Muten kill a Demon with a short sword and leather armor i am sure, but i dont know of many who have seen Zelphia walking down the street, or Sirani cuddling with somone, or Malachin hacking at a demon, but we all KNOW we have seen Muten do so MANY MANY times. the ONLY god i KNOW exists, is Moshran, and WHO THE HELL wants to worship HIM when he is the "god of blood and bones" and all that ehh? truely only Moshran of ALL the gods takes a DIRECT hand in everything because we ALL have seen his servants Drahken, and Ashketull(spelling). if ANYONE has seen ANY god i would LOVE to have them tell me about it, but truely the only PROOF is stuff that is written in books or such, like the moonsilver library, but, really, that is the ONLY place you hear tell about it, no OTHER source, when really there WOULD be wouldnt there? though, i know yuo will say that "the gods are too busy being godly to pay attention to us petty mortals"and such, and i agree, but still, who the heck are yuo to say that they are real and thats the end of it? i have NEVER seen or heard of them taking ANY direct hand in ANYTHING, just hear of people praying to the gods all the time. now i mean NO offence to ANYONE i am just saying, people SHOULD really not be so firm in their faith, on this little rock that they, can see the differnce between real gods and fake gods.
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

Who hear has seen Tanora, raise hands? :roll:
Caranthir the great

Post by Caranthir the great »

I thought that Illarion was medieval roleplaying game, not 'omg prove my character that gods exist'- game.
Many of you might be aware of *My* personal view to god(s) and christianity, but lets put that aside.

As far as I am concerned, you can go off and establish a cult to worship the omnipotent green pig if you feel like it, I don't care.

But lets draw the line here.
The gods of Illarion exist. They are 'real' for our characters. Now take this from real life; people believe in god, which is fine by me and very common. Now, others believe in 'the Aliens behind the comet who are going to beam us into the next level' which will only make most people to roll their eyes and grin.
In illarion, you are the latter. Deal with it.

The people were during the medieval times, a lot more spiritual than nowdays. Furtherly, gods have proven their existance to people of Illarion. Were you present on sunday? There the spirits that serve the five elder gods appeared and did all kinds of magical stuff. So muten beat a demon with a sword? Well, did he send you into a elemental plane of Fire? Into the temple of Bragon? I doubt.
Mandil Aglandol

well, that is part of what i am asking, IF there ARE things which the REAL gods of illarion have done, PLEASE elighten me, and by the way, this is NOT in character this is OOC, personally, i think its funny, but "Mandil" takes it seriously, and he DOES believe it, im not saying people should NOT be acting like im crazy IN GAME but, dont act like i am OOC, mainly like that post recently on The Cult forum post by salathe "this is all terrible RP" you know the one, if you have looked at the post, its NOT bad RP is all i have been trying to get across, not trying to convert people, cause i am NOT a member of the Cult in RL for there is NO cult in RL, just in Illarion, and therefore it IS good RP because Mandil beleives it, and it has NOTHING to do with ooc. All i have been asking for is LAY OFF MY BACK ABOUT BAD RP, cause it is NOT bad RP!
Caranthir the great

Well, if that was you only goal, what was the moaning about gods of Illarion not existing (in Illarion) ?
Mandil Aglandol

*sigh* just trying to prove that it is NOT bad RP for Mandil to believe that Muten is a God and that it is NOT bad RP to believe in him is all *sigh*
Brendan Mason

Post by Brendan Mason »

It's not bad Rp for Mandil, in my opinion. Although, dont be surprised if people think you are insane as the great one himself. And also, more instances of divine intervention in Illarion...

Godly imprisonment.
Elara posting and appearing in town once.
Irmorom speaking in the Dwarven temple.
Large hands plucking Ashburg from the shrine. :wink:

You'd have to be pretty blind to miss all of these things!
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

hes making a cult about Llamas people, how seriously can we take that?
Caranthir the great

Yeh. Mandil, instead of writing a A4 page of text, you managed to compress your point into one sentence.

As I said earlier, you can do whichever cult you want, I don't care. I didn't know that Salathe was a gamemaster.. Oh wait, he isn't is he? So why do you care? Let Salathe have his opinion.

There are cults for stupid purposes and beings today, and I'll be damned if there weren't more in Medieval times. So, off you go. Start converting people to the one true faith or something.
paul laffing
Location: the place where only completely serious people are allowed

Post by paul laffing »

Caranthir the great wrote: There are cults for stupid purposes and beings today, and I'll be damned if there weren't more in Medieval times. So, off you go. Start converting people to the one true faith or something.
Are you kidding? The only cult left in the United States is the skull and bones. Wait, thats a secret society, nevermind. The ATF wiped out all the cults. :roll:
Mandil Aglandol

well really i just dont want any negative ooc posting in the Cult Post, its annoying, i just want it to have IC unless there is an OOC anouncement, and THAT should only be made by a member of the Cult not somone else who isnt there, what would Darlok do to you if you went in and posted in his "Kingdom of Northerot" post "this is all terribly stupid and dump RP" lol really, its NOT what is wanted, and i am just asking for people to be more considerate, and to not think i am crazy ooc. IC, i dont give a heck really, Mandil doesnt like it, so he would probobly complain to his friends and such, but, anyways, Please keep all OOC posts OFF of the Cult board, unless you are a High Chaos Priest, or at least a Chaotic(or the female equivalants of each, which there are no members of yet) but thats all i really care about. Also, it might be interesting to hear some people's thoughts on WHAT cults are or somthing, just dont keep tellin me how stupid this is in game, especially like that one post "hes making a cult of lamas everyone!" that is exactly what i do NOT want, ooc jokes about the cult, now if that was said in the RP board, fine, i wont stop you, Mandil or somone else from the cult might try to do somthing INGAME but please refraine from the OOC coments about how stupid this is, because it is not that stupid. thankyou :|
Keikan Hiru

Post by Keikan Hiru »

Actually your Characters can belive in any god they want,
if mentioned in the real Illarion Background or not.

But these "Cults" will never be recive blessings or anything from thier god, they will never withness miracles or any kind of supernatural happenig.
(Not assuming your want anything of that, Mandil)

So these Cults will remain 'weak', regardless how many members they got while the true religions may gain more and more power when thier number of followers rise.

You can belive in the Holy Apple Tree and see each of its apples as blessing, but you will never get more from it. :wink:
Mandil Aglandol

well, yes, even if Muten can do more than the average bear, he cant do what a GM can, and, it would probobly be best if he couldnt haha, but anyways, all i want is for nobody to make any inconsiderate ooc coments in the Cult post
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

honestly...
Maktan Hardtooth.

Post by Maktan Hardtooth. »

I agree with Mandil. a person can worship sheep, whats wrong with that? wait in fact I have noticed some worship a specific sheep... :lol:
Galim

Post by Galim »

Ar, don't say anything against Fluffy, or Fluffy will punish ya with all his sheeppower HarHar.
Sirius

Post by Sirius »

Who hear has seen Tanora, raise hands
*raise his hand*
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

And there we have it 8)

Thanks siri ;)