Pyscho

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Val De Gausse

Pyscho

Post by Val De Gausse »

yeah, I read in a post that in real life people can be schizo. So in the game that is allowed too. Well, If you are schizo you don't really interact with what you believe. What I mean is schizo people may say they saw the queen of england. But if you were there that very moment the "met: Her. you would just see the person standing there. Ok heres another example. He a schizo person was "imagining" he was killing someone> And you were there near him in real life. He or she wouldn't be walking around pretendin to have a knife. They just sit and look like there thinking
Galim

Post by Galim »

ya, that is right, ya can play such an chara in a medievil game. but first ya should read a book about what they have done with people with psychic illnesses in the medievil times ;).
Mishrack

Post by Mishrack »

Also, before you play a Schizophrenic, please find out what it is. I recommend you search Google for
APA, DSM-IV, Schizophrenia
Tal Rash

Post by Tal Rash »

Yeah right.. Just like people in the medievels knew what a schizo was.
Galim

Post by Galim »

they don't knew the name of today. but they have had peoples which such illnesses. they just called them obsessed or something like that.
Tal Rash

Post by Tal Rash »

Ohh no I must have been serious.. :wink:
Konstantin K
Location: Permanently Banned by Uber Powerful Mega-GMs, because he was BAD.

Post by Konstantin K »

They burned 'em.
Galim

Post by Galim »

not at all, first they have tried an exorcism, after that they have burned him, or what ever they like too use. or they have just imprisoned him, for a long long long time, and in a really dirty hole.
Viola Thistle

Post by Viola Thistle »

Mental illness has long been a label that leads to negative judgments and mistreatment of those given that designation. Early civilizations viewed mental disorder as a sign of demon possession, thereby marking the person as undesirable and even dangerous to be around. Medieval Europeans saw those who displayed mental disorder as evil and sinful and as having brought their afflictions upon themselves through weak character and lack of faith.

Later, European views "evolved" to conceptualize those with mental illnesses as bestial rather than sinful, ruled by uncontrollable animal passions and not sensitive to cold or heat or pain or embarrassment the way other civilized persons might be.
see also:

http://www.csicop.org/si/2000-07/dancing-mania.html
http://www.intermaggie.com/med/healing.php
Last edited by Viola Thistle on Fri Oct 03, 2003 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Korwin

Post by Korwin »

What a coincidence! I started playing a paranoid schizophrenic a few days ago, see if you can pick him out around town.
Setherioth

Post by Setherioth »

...i know we're supposed to be RPing, but RPing a schizophrenic?? Maybe it's just me but does anybody else find that a bit...i don't know disturbing or something?
Gro'bul

Post by Gro'bul »

Alot of people in Trollsbane are rouges and such that would just kill a crazy person, however you cannot just kill someone and they go away in this game.
Drathe
Official Illarion Banner Contest Winner

Post by Drathe »

NEW !

For two months only (untill they get fed up with playing them)
For your very own gaming pleasure, brought to you by the makers of baldy played characters such as- vampiers... then werewolves... then anything just so long as it was evil and could kill things for that reaon. Comes HOT.. say it with me now HOT of the press.... mentaly challanged people! *Que the funky key board music*

Hear exciting new annoying catch phrazes like!
'Look at me I am talking to myself'
'Stop hitting me, I am not hitting you, you are hitting me..who are you?'
'I know your name but my other half self person being talky voice inside my head who talk to me does not'
' ............*dribbles*....... '

Keep your eyes open for next phazes new release. The wooden wheel chair bound!! Carpenters... start making those chairs and wooden shields!! Thank god Illarion has no stairs!
Brendan Mason

Post by Brendan Mason »

Getting up ladders could still be a challenge for them Drathe.