clan colors

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Bror

clan colors

Post by Bror »

When I am done with my examinatons, I'll update the webpage with new FAQ ....
Neon

clan colors

Post by Neon »

It seems to me that the only problem for you is the big amount of diskspace the graphics will need. But is this a real problem! The whole Illarion game has a size of 1.88MB (current release). Who would mind to download 5 MB ???
Another thing you should consider: A lizardman with plate armour and helmet is the same like a human in a plate armour and a helmet!
And the last thing: Why not creating the different motion sequences while installing. Just deliver all the parts with the installer. So you can save MUCH disk space! Maybe the install will last a bit longer ... but who cares? Nearly every game on the market uses this progress to save disk space! And it isn't as difficult as you might think.

Neonfire :)
Bror

clan colors

Post by Bror »

No, disk space is no matter, memory is the thing we have to save (and speed).
The programs to create the rendered graphics arent very cheap. Perhaps we could include them in the client if we charge every one of you, .... lets say.... 500 bucks ;-) ?
Every single picture that is rendered has to be taken care in a paint program afterwards.
Neon

clan colors

Post by Neon »

That's not that what I meant AT ALL!
What I mean:

Render all characters in all movements!
Render all clothes, armours ... in all movements!
Render all weapons,shields in all movements!
Put all together in the install package!
Write a routine which fits together all the single objects in ALL different combinations while the game installs. The routine should also create an animation after that. Therefore you don't need 3D Studio!
In this way the install package will be small enough for download.
martin

clan colors

Post by martin »

you missunderstood the problem.
but i didn't understand it totally too; when you have some time, bror, maybe you can explain it more detailed. are you loading every single graphic into the RAM before one actually uses the client?

martin
Bror

clan colors

Post by Bror »

yes, every graphic rests in the RAM
Master Gohan

clan colors

Post by Master Gohan »

I hate that you ignore me.
I shall eat your sausages and drink your beer.
devNULL

clan colors

Post by devNULL »

Müssen den alle Grafiken immer im Speicher gehlaten werden?? Was ist mit nem Ringpuffer, der die ältesten rausschmeisst oder bei Bedarf neue lädt? z.B. bräuchte man keine Dungeon (Höhlen Grafiken halten, wenn man an der Oberfläche ist..
Wenn später ALLE Grafiken und Animationen vorgehalten werden.. dann Gute nacht, oder nicht? Wäre ne Überlegung wert, oder?
DJ TraK

clan colors

Post by DJ TraK »

Yea Martin send me the max file of the cloaks ill see what i can do with them and maybe the race files to maybe i can come up with a distingwishing mark :)
kidrukus123@hotmail.com
Dax

clan colors

Post by Dax »

Hey Martin iT Dax,

Been looking for that Dagum program and can't find it anywhere you suggested.. I searched the web but only dead links.. BOOO!!!!!!!
martin

clan colors

Post by martin »

however, even if you'd find it, it would need about 3 month to learn the basic techniques, and just learning them doesn't mean that you can use them fast...
*easy* things are not the problem, easy things can be produced in incredible amounts by me and others.

the difficult things are more difficult (hey, i'm not the new president of the usa ;) ). animating things, modeling creatures, complex texturing (even texturing a simple wall isn't that easy and needs a lot of understanding...). even if you'd find max or something (which shouldn't be that difficult at all...), it would take month to work effective. and i'm not willed to explain every single thing again and again. i'm tired of being asked things which need 1 hour to type for me and can be found on every max-tutorial site... ask your friend at:

www.google.com

i guess there's nothing i can tell you more ;)

martin