Some new Graphics

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Gerard Hugh

Some new Graphics

Post by Gerard Hugh »

Here are some new Graphics I made using the 3D Canvas. I hope you enjoy them...

http://www.geocities.com/bweillarion/graphics#.html

:D
Gro'bul

Post by Gro'bul »

the ice crytstal is pretty good. the raft logs are tied together using rope not squares :wink: .
Gerard Hugh

Post by Gerard Hugh »

yeah, I know.....I tried for a while to get something that looked like rope, that might be the best I can do. If I get more complaints, I will try to correct it. From the point of view from Illarion though, it might be too small to see. :? Maybe?

anyway...

Im glad you enjoyed my ice crystal
Farmar

Post by Farmar »

cool graphics man whats with the triangle raft though
Armil Darken

Post by Armil Darken »

So martin doesnt have to say iy...sorry but.

CRAP!!
martin

Post by martin »

Maktan Hardtooth.

Post by Maktan Hardtooth. »

Haha Martin you should do that more often! you are killing me! Ha Ha Harolls on the ground and have heart attack
Gerard Hugh

Post by Gerard Hugh »

Yeah yeah......I am getting there, just give me some time...
Stag

Post by Stag »

You sould resize and turn the objects around before putting them in a scene, ir youll lose prespective. like you did in this one
Erdrick

Post by Erdrick »

Hehehehe...
That was a different way of dealing with that, Martin. :lol:
martin

Post by martin »

I always try to do things in a different way.
If you want to implicitly accuse me of becoming more friendly, you're commiting a mistake. I will always try to write the truth regardless of what people want to hear (or don't want to hear). Moreover this way I've chosen here is much more offending than every other criticism of mine before: because it clearly shows how stupid this is.

Martin
paul laffing
Location: the place where only completely serious people are allowed

Post by paul laffing »

I think those look perfect in the game. ^^
Freo

Post by Freo »

and to martin we present the award for the funniest way to insult someone:

here you go

hands martin the crystal thing
Gro'bul

Post by Gro'bul »

hey! the crystal isnt that bad, its reflective at least. Can you export things from 3dc? i think i could make your crystal look good :D i can use almost anything exept for .pp# or .3dc
Freo

Post by Freo »

its not that they are bad, it more like they dont belong with the other illarion graphics, they are not the right size, and they are at slightly wrong angles. maybe runescape will use them((not an insult!)).
Stag

Post by Stag »

Thats what i said! didnt you read the rest of the posts?
Freo

Post by Freo »

I was talking to gro'bul
gro'bul wrote: hey! the crystal isnt that bad, its reflective at least
I wrote: its not that they are bad, it more like they dont belong with the other illarion graphics, they are not the right size, and they are at slightly wrong angles.
the question is, did you read the rest of the posts??
Gerard Hugh

Post by Gerard Hugh »

I know they are too big. I know they are not the right angles. I was just showing you what I had so far.

I have to share a computer with my family so I dont get a bunch of time to work on my 3D Canvas. usually when i get time to play I play illarion instead of make graphics.

I have some other Graphics that should be coming soon to my webpage. I dont think they are as good....depends on how you look at it. I made a dart that you could use as a weapon or something. You'll see when it arrives.

@Gro'bul I am not very computer-lingual so I dont think I can help you there, sorry
Seth Valor

Post by Seth Valor »

Wow! I was really impressed with your ice crystal Gerard! The raft wasnt too bad exept for the sale....it needs some texture. Then it'd be pretty cool. And the potion was neat, although, are you supposed to be seeing the outside of the bottle or the potion inside? well anyway. Your stuff is pretty cool.

Obviously a lot of people like to insult than try themselves.
Gerard Hugh

Post by Gerard Hugh »

I re-sized the things, and it looks a bit better this way.
http://www.geocities.com/bweillarion/graphics2
Freo

Post by Freo »

jar thing is still too big, and the raft and crystal thing are stilll at slightly wrong angles
Gerard Hugh

Post by Gerard Hugh »

If someone can give me the sizes for the bottle than I can just make it. I do not know exactly what size to make it. I just kind of do it and hope its right. Same thing with the angles. I will try again though.

Thanks for the compliment Seth. :D
Gro'bul

Post by Gro'bul »

the potion has a very weird texture on it, doesnt look like any liquid or glass ive ever seen :?
Darlok

Post by Darlok »

Gerad, did you read the Grafic FAQ? Maybe many of your Questions will be answered there.

Also, if you dont know the Size of an Object, why dont you take a Screenshot (maybe from a Bottle) and compare it with your Objects?

Also, paste your Objects in this Screenshot (Like Martin did) and look if they fit into the 'Atmosphere'.

Until now, i dont think your Items are valuable for Illarion.
martin

Post by martin »

The perspective isn't even close to what it is supposed to be (not talking about the rest). This is a basic skill of someone doing graphics: using the eyes ("see", "visual sense"). It's like someone who doesn't know how to start or drive a car but wants to participate in a car race. It won't work until you found out what a car is.

Didn't you notice that objects do NOT get smaller if they are far away in illarion? Didn't you notice that after reading the FAQ? Probably you are not able to drive the car. (=know how to achieve that perspective with the program you use)

Martin
Gerard Hugh

Post by Gerard Hugh »

Thanks for the advice guys. I will try again. The bottle potion's design isnt liquid, That would be stupid. liquid mixes together instead of staying in boxes. The colors are only a design on the outside of the bottle to seperate it from the other bottles. So maybe it could be some kind of special potion that restores your health and manna completely or something like that.

anyways.....
When I made the angles of my objects, I wasnt thinking of Illarion. I was just thinking of a cool angle to put my objects in where the light would shine good on them.

@martin I know the raft and crystal thing would have to be with the illarion angles, but what about my potion. If the potion was an item than I think the angle would be good ((I noticed that all the items in illarion dont really have a designated angle)). Am I correct?
martin

Post by martin »

Only the items we are going to throw away have the wrong perspective.

That makes it difficult for part-time-graphic-people to participate.

Martin
Gerard Hugh

Post by Gerard Hugh »

So......my potion wont work? do I have to change the perspective on that?
martin

Post by martin »

Honestly, the probability that your things get implemented is very, very low. There are people out there, including me, who create a potion in some minutes, render it, make several different versions and that's it. We do not need advice how to use the program we use, we don't need to be told about the perspective, we know what size it needs, we know how it must look like in order to fit to the other things.

That means that it's much less time consuming.

Don't be mad at me, but: What you produce doesn't look that good, you need more time than we do, you need advice about perspective, size, shape, look, position etc.; in the time needed to explain everything (which I, BTW, already explained in the FAQ which nobody seems to care about; I find that extremely unfriendly and ignorant if not offending and insulting!!!!!!!) I could make 20 potions which look better, have the correct size, correct perspective and fit to the other items in the game. So, what's the point then?

Martin
Gerard Hugh

Post by Gerard Hugh »

I understand, maybe I can send something way better in the future. I look forward to having another conversation with you again someday.

discussion closed.....