The libary - a place you should find knowledge but also a wise debate

All about Galmair and its Guilds. / Alles über Galmair und die Gilden in Galmair.

Moderators: Valerio Guilianni, Gamemasters

Lennier

The libary - a place you should find knowledge but also a wise debate

Post by Lennier »

Dear people of Galmair,

I want to make a suggest to improve our town a little.

Do you know the libary of Galmair? Infact, it is the room between the kitchen and the great hall of our honorable Don.
A place of books, indeed. A little number of books can be found there... When you was visitor if the libary the last time?

Do you know, that there is not one chair to sit, while reading?
Neither a table , where you can write some own thinks on a parchment? Both exist for the librarian only.
Maybe you can guess or agree: all in all there is not the atmosphere to meet and to talk in civiliced and cultivated manner.
Instead the wise men and women of Galmair prefer to meet in a hut ouside of the town.

Maybe we can change this, maybe together? I would like to renovate the libary of Galmair. What do you think?

~Renar Elorim~
Clairette

Re: The libary - a place you should find knowledge but also a wise debate

Post by Clairette »

Dear Renar,

I agree, the library would be improved, if it had some tables and chairs. I'd suggest some small ones for when a person just wants to read alone, and some larger tables that provide space for a group to meet and talk.

The hut outside town provides a plenty of mages' literature and a place to practice magic on the hut's roof. The latter would be lacking in our town's library. A library is also not a good place for magic experiments.

Nonetheless, it surely appreciated to have a the library improved with tables and chairs and maybe even some candles to give light for those who need it. To have a copy provided of all the magic books that are to be found in the mages' hut, seem quite useful as well. That way Galmairian mages might be able to do their research without having to leave the safety of the town.

Keep in mind,this is just my personal perspective as a mage and maybe someone else has other thoughts on this?

~ Mage Clairette
Lennier

Re: The libary - a place you should find knowledge but also a wise debate

Post by Lennier »

I know the witch house, close to the Malachite Mine

As far as I know, some people would prefer a relocation of its libary too.
The literature on the bookshelves of the witch house should to be safed some more against vandalism and thiefery,
but also against the inquisitiveness of questionable and not very trustworthy people.

To use these words: We should make sure, that these books or their content don't get stolen.

Maybe we could merge its libary with Galmairs Libary? We easily could move the furniture, that allready exist in the witch house?
That would save a lot of work, but also the towns's wallet.

Advantages: All literature about magic could be found in one place, in Galmair's Libary. Safe within the town's walls.
Furthermore Galmair's libary would be improved and maybe used some more, also for meetings and debates of mages and scholars of other subjects.

I was not sure about, that the witch house is place of experiments too.
It is an important and powerfull place, so that these experiments only can be hold there?

Or do we also can find an other place for such moments inside the town too?

~Renar Elorim~