WASD Movement

Here you can make and discuss suggestions to improve the game. / Hier kannst du Vorschläge einreichen und diskutieren um das Spiel zu verbessern.

Moderator: Developers

Sslik

WASD Movement

Post by Sslik »

Greetings,

I would like to propose a modification to the WASD movement scheme, or an option in the settings to toggle this modification.

I would like to suggest the movement keys to move the character in the corresponding isometric direction (for example, the W key would move the character in the isometric north direction, as opposed to the north screen direction).

My reasoning for this proposal is that most of the time I am trying to move in the north, south, east, or west isometric directions (and the design of the game seems to encourage these types of movement the most), and I find it annoying to press two keys at once to make a movement.

Regards,

Sslik
Alytys Lamar

Re: WASD Movement

Post by Alytys Lamar »

Hey :)

There are more then the WASD movement.
You can use touchpad, Mouse and arrow keys.

For me I am using left mouse click for the movement.

Maybe this helps.
Katharina Brightrim
Cadomyr

Post by Katharina Brightrim »

You could also use NUMPad instead, that allows you to move in every possible direction. It's what I use and it's way superior to WASD, as it allows for easier movement.
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Hello Sslik,

thank you for your proposal. In fact, what you propose is what we had in the past (long ago) and it was very much disliked by many. So it was a design decision to bind the keys to the direction on the screen (e.g. A: move left). As the num pad provides a convenient method to access all eight movement directions, I do not think we need an option in the settings to alter WASD, either.

Estralis
JediConsul

Post by JediConsul »

Hello Sslik,

thank you for your proposal. In fact, what you propose is what we had in the past (long ago) and it was very much disliked by many. So it was a design decision to bind the keys to the direction on the screen (e.g. A: move left). As the num pad provides a convenient method to access all eight movement directions, I do not think we need an option in the settings to alter WASD, either.

Estralis
I agree that "w->north" is very uncomfortable, but is it too difficult to easy life for, at least, one of a very few players? ^_^
Check Box in the settings and 4 code addition in movement functions. I can understand if devs do not want make that change only if server code also need to be changed.
Or..better will be option to change key binding. I guess it will be useful even if it is just a *.txt file with "move north=w, move NW=q...."
Greetings,

I would like to propose a modification to the WASD movement scheme, or an option in the settings to toggle this modification.
Using numpad is realy an option.
Or..you can try "AutoHotkey" aplication. But I recomend to change numpad keys with that, so you can chat without issues. Change 8=7, 6=9, 4=1, 2=3(or 5=3) i'm sleepy right now so not shure for now how to chage other keys to walk NW, NE, SW and SE but if you used to press two key for that - it is not crutial