An open letter to the citizens of Runewick.

All about Runewick and its Guilds. / Alles über Runewick und die Gilden in Runewick.

Moderators: Elvaine Morgan, Gamemasters

Bidukan

An open letter to the citizens of Runewick.

Post by Bidukan »

*A big parchment is nailed at the Guard House, the Tavern, the Market, The Faculty of Nature and Alchemy and the Hall of Elara*

Dear citizens of Runewick,

For a long time people from Cadomyr and Galmair thought they could do whatever they wanted regarding Runewick. I, during my short stay in Galmair, have seen how they constantly acted and spoke against Runewick. I have personally seen how they never had a true wish to treat us as equals. Back then, if a citizen of Galmair bought a service from a Runewickian and the so called Left Hand found it, you would get scolded. If someone like Fooser used too much their tools, they would tax them. I witnessed a meeting in Galmair where Deanna was heavily attacked by all sides, abusing of her guest condition. And I could keep going longer.

Back then, Runewick didn’t seem to have the power or the will to defend itself from such a large list of attacks. The answers were always passive and submissive.

Today, as we previously denounced, Runewick is under heavy attacks. As it has raised some strength within our people, they appear to still want us weak. Unfortunately, they appear to want us passive and submissive. They are used to it.

Cadomyr has settled ridiculous and massive bans against the Rangers and even against our councillor Drathe, filled with lies and slander. For instance, I have been accused of defaming the so called knight Aleytys Lamar, in circumstances I have done nothing towards her. There were not proofs shown, only an unsigned document. I have been accused of defaming the alchemist -because such a coward can’t be a knight- Amanda Brightrim, because I called her coward in retaliation to her calling me scum and spoke so many lies about me. Here you can see their logic: Cadomyr can insult whoever they want, but we can’t do anything against them. The bans are based in such false information.

Among that, we are suffering a heavy plot from the foreign powers, which has been explained before in our meeting.
As the spy from Cadomyr did inform (the only truthful piece of information from him), I never wanted violence as a path to solve conflicts. But I’m neither able to tolerate such permanent provocations, offences and attacks on our pride, honor, dignity and economy.

Not anymore.

We will strike back. Strike back by following wisdom, conviction and what we know to be right. We will not tolerate more attacks.

I hereby call you, fellow comrades, to raise your spirits by Eldan and work together for a strong Runewick. Support your councillors and support your town. We shall prevail.

Hail Runewick!

Sincerely,

~Bidukan