Independent Depots

Here you can make and discuss suggestions to improve the game. / Hier kannst du Vorschläge einreichen und diskutieren um das Spiel zu verbessern.

Moderator: Developers

Amelia Rotholz
Galmair

Independent Depots

Post by Amelia Rotholz »

Independent Depots

How about an independent depot you could "buy" for your flat.
They would be not connected to any town and can only be accessed with the flat key.
That way we could keep our clothing a private stuff there and don't need to carry things around, just to change in private.
Karrock

Re: Independent Depots

Post by Karrock »

In a room you sometimes need to have food to share, clothes to change, torches to light, etc. so it's good idea.
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

I like whoever has a key to the flat at the time can access the depot. The only problem there however is people move out and still have a key. Which means a former owner can use that depot.

Would be nice to make it where if someone moves out, the depot disappears until a new owner can start one?
Amelia Rotholz
Galmair

Post by Amelia Rotholz »

Well, of course the other one can't access YOUR things
Like with the normal ones
Karrock

Post by Karrock »

For what you need a key? Only needs to lock the room then no one would have access to the depot.
Amelia Rotholz
Galmair

Post by Amelia Rotholz »

If someone has an old key, they can access
Karrock

Post by Karrock »

It's ig matter then. I would like to simplify all ideas to make them existing sooner than later.
Amelia Rotholz
Galmair

Post by Amelia Rotholz »

You are right.
Just a simplestorage box then, not connected to town
Brightrim
Developer

Post by Brightrim »

Should easily be able to add a depot specific to the property as something you can build in the sandboxing feature via the builders tool as a property owner (or as someone with builders rights for that property), if so desired by the head developers. I guess the question is if there is any abuse potential?
Amelia Rotholz
Galmair

Post by Amelia Rotholz »

I don't see any, since it's not connected to any other depot
snus-mumrik
Developer

Post by snus-mumrik »

Karrock wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:24 pm It's ig matter then. I would like to simplify all ideas to make them existing sooner than later.
I think it would be easiest to implement a depot that is separate between players (not shared). I think making it disconnected from towns should not be a problem.

I would actually like to see a shared storage box (same items accessible to everyone with the key), but I think it would require some changes to the structure of the game database.
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Correct, currently, all items are bond to players unless they lie on the ground. But those items are not safe.

We can implement many things; for example, only one person could be allowed to open a depot. Or people from Galmair cannot use a Runewick depot. Or a depot costs 100 silver a month to be used.

How depots in player owned houses are handled is discussed best in the context of housing. I have no strong opinion on it, just wanted to remark that many things are possible with low effort, e.g. personal depots, while others, such as shared depots, take much more effort.
Amelia Rotholz
Galmair

Post by Amelia Rotholz »

I think, a simple unconnected depot would serve the purpose.
No further changes needed.