What do you LOVE about Illa?

Introduce yourself to the community and discuss about topics of general interest to the community. No spam, please! / Stell dich der Community vor und diskutiere über Themen von allgemeinem Interesse der Community. Kein Spam bitte!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Amelia Rotholz
Galmair

What do you LOVE about Illa?

Post by Amelia Rotholz »

After all the negativity lately, I was thinking it was about time, to point out the positive aspects a bit more as a way to thank the staff and the community.
So please, tell us what you love most about Illarion.
No sarcasm, no negativity
!

I'll start.

I love the community and the GMs for being helpfull and flexible, no matter the topic.
I love that we can do player based quests and have impact to the game world.
And I love the fact, that the connections made can go beyond the game. I found some friends here. You know who you are!

Now is your turn, folks!
Last edited by Amelia Rotholz on Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alytys Lamar

Re: What do you LOVE about Illa?

Post by Alytys Lamar »

I love to be part of the most unique RP game.
It is my head cinema, my point to be in if I feel good or bad.
I love to be a little bit addicted since years to this game.

I love the stories we all create together and we should work to get others (true Roleplayers) into it.

And I love the Staff behind, they listen, they help.

And with the friend thing - well - same as PO Amelia <3
Clairette

Post by Clairette »

I love about Illa:

- It has real RP!
- Illa is open source, and also free to play.
- I can practise english and learn new words, that's fun.
- Illa helps me to shut out my thoughts running in circles when I am feeling down
- Here I can can share my creative ideas and thoughs with others, I am really happy to be part of illa's community :D

Thanks for making such an awsome game and making the game awsome!
Brightrim
Developer

Post by Brightrim »

I love the outlet it gives me for my creativity, be it in RP or learning how to dev.
I love the memories this community has given me over the years.
But most of all I love how impactful it has been on my life, be it in practicing my English as a kid, helping me distract myself through the bad days of my life or the fact that I met my best friend through this game many years ago, a friendship that has only grown stronger over the years and which the importance of to me can never be overstated, which is all thanks to Illarion bringing us together.
Guir Rabenflügel

Post by Guir Rabenflügel »

I love the freedom you have in your character development and the great and unique stories you can be part of over the time.
There has to be a reason why so many stayed for so long or came back after some time. I think the keyword is "memories".
And like Aly said, it's like cinema in my head, a world that I can easily dive in and get lost for some time, a world that made great impact on my own life outside of the game.
And that's also because we have a really great community here. :)
I really hope that Illa will be a part of my life for many years to come.
Katharina Brightrim
Cadomyr

Post by Katharina Brightrim »

Lot of things were said already. I love the RP, I love the stories the game and its players write. And I also love the fact that I met people I would not have met under any other circumstances. People I absolutely consider friends nowadays, some who I get in touch with occasionally.
I mean, at this point I am playing Illarion (almost) constantly for half of my life, 10 years of which I play Kat. The game accompanied me in good times and helped me through bad times. I learned more English than my teachers were ever able to teach me and I also found my best friend within this community.
Matron

Post by Matron »

I do love how after quite some years I still find myself at a campfire in my spare time, just browsing through the forums on my phone and it will never fail to trigger an endless flashback of fond memories. Thank you for that.
Caswir

Post by Caswir »

The part I love is the CHAOS. It is very much like a cinema how the roleplay happens. You never know what someone will say or what will happen.

Also love how the staff work every single day on this game so we can all enjoy together.

Big battle events that are planned and carried out with precision, one of my favorite parts. Whenever they happen I want to be there.

Illarion being open source gives opportunity back to the player, to be able to actually look up all the current code.

Best part is all the friends Ive made along the way.
Snazug

Post by Snazug »

I love the fact my username still exists in this forum and hasn't somehow been deleted. ;)
Especially has improved my english since playing, hoping to pick the game up back again soon depending on RL events...

Shoutout to the players of Bror and Alatar, wherever they may be these days.