Lecture: The Duty of a Leader

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

S'rrt

Lecture: The Duty of a Leader

Post by S'rrt »

To the citizens of all realms,

I will admit something to you; I am a duty bound lizard. To friends I say that it is in my blood and I do not exaggerate. The late Countess Annabeth, when she founded House Desert Fox, would say: "Honor lies in honest toil". Being greatly fond of these words I have found myself in positions of leadership where I'm simply trying to do an honest, good job. Whether I have succeeded at it or not is irrelevant to me because what I do know is that there are certain aspects that everyone, who aspires to be a leader, should consider.

I have decided to share my view on these aspects, to pass on my knowledge of leadership, and the truths that come with it, in the form of warnings and advice. Join my lecture to hear accounts on:

- Expectations of the people versus expectations of the leader
- Responsibilities of a leader
- Politics and diplomacy
- Dedication and personal sacrifice

The lecture will be held in the temple of Malachin, which can be found by entering the mine directly south of the gates to Cadomyr, and taking the stairs found there.

Note that the same lecture will be held twice, one dwarven week apart, in order to give everyone a chance to attend.

First lecture: 24 Irmas, dawn ((next Friday, 23.4, 8pm server time))
Second lecture: 18 Malas, noon ((the following Thursday, 29.4, 9pm server time. The quest-page displays the wrong time and will be corrected soon))

~~ Sir S'rrt K'shire,
Patrician Knight of Cadomyr
S'rrt

Re: Lecture: The Duty of a Leader

Post by S'rrt »

There has been a change to the schedules. New schedules below.

First lecture: Malas 6th, dawn ((next Sunday, 25.4, 7pm server time))
Second lecture: Malas 18th, noon ((the following Thursday, 29.4, 8pm server time))

~~ Sir S'rrt K'shire,
S'rrt

Re: Lecture: The Duty of a Leader

Post by S'rrt »

Dear citizens of the realms, and friends, I am truly sorry for this; there has been yet another change to the schedules.

The lecture that was supposed to take place very soon is postponed yet again. The lectures will now be one dwarven day apart. ((Sorry. Life got even more unpredictable than usual))

First lecture: Malas 15th, dawn ((this Wednesday, 28.4, 7pm server time))
Second lecture: Malas 18th, noon ((this Thursday, 29.4, 8pm server time))

~~ Sir S'rrt K'shire,