Map and spawn changes

Here you can make and discuss suggestions to improve the game. / Hier kannst du Vorschläge einreichen und diskutieren um das Spiel zu verbessern.

Moderator: Developers

Vern Kron

Map and spawn changes

Post by Vern Kron »

There are a few changes that I think might be helpful or beneficial.

1) The northeast area of the map is very under-utilized. If people are out there, they are rarely found. Perhaps some of that space could be reduced?

2) I understand the desire for there to be dangers in and around Illarion. I even understand the reasoning of threats near valuable resource locations, like the merinium mine. To the south there though, along the road towards Cadomyr, are a number of threats. Could those spawns and maps be spaced back from the road a bit? Obviously, walking across the map is not an ideal way to try and find roleplay. But as it stands, even if players wanted to hike across and set up some kind of ambush, there isn't enough space because the roads are already crowded with monsters.

3) Now that I think about it, there are also a number of bug spawns along the Cadomyr desert. Again, I understand if the impression is to inspire this mindset that Illarion is a harsh and unforgiving place to live. But one would presume that surely after however many years of living in Illarion, the characters would have been able to atleast move bugs off the road.
jmclark

Re: Map and spawn changes

Post by jmclark »

Cadomyr is especially dangerous, as befits the life of Cadomyrian people... however I've noticed that the desert around Cadomyr has become much more dangerous than it was a few months ago; however, I'm also pretty sure there's an IG reason for this change given what has gone on in Cadomyr and... what else is in that area.
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

There are various issues with the spawns at the moment. In general, it's too much going on. The map is cluttered with dozens of different monsters even on a small location. A big rework is planned.
Bidukan

Post by Bidukan »

Vern Kron wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:25 am 1) The northeast area of the map is very under-utilized. If people are out there, they are rarely found. Perhaps some of that space could be reduced?
Which area specifically?
rakust dorenstkzul

Post by rakust dorenstkzul »

I would definitely everything north of pauldron and west of rabans is underused.
Bidukan

Post by Bidukan »

Actually there's activity there, maybe you didn't notice cuz your chars are not hunters? But I often see people around there.
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

I am not sure what your point is in your statement here.

Are you saying "The map is fine the way it is, as that area has plenty of people who go there to roleplay?"

or

"That area is an appropriate distance away, as the travel to it is appropriate and enjoyable, and I often find interactions I would like while going there?"

And contributing to the larger context of conversation:

"There is no wasted and under-utilized areas in Illarion"

Or

"There are some, but the area in the northern forest is not one of them."
Drugar Stonesmasher

Post by Drugar Stonesmasher »

I do think there need to be remote and little visited places, as those have their part in RP as well.
One cannot hunt a mysterious beast in a well frequented place within reason, for example.