How do attributes affect skills and combat?

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Rashaz

How do attributes affect skills and combat?

Post by Rashaz »

Im very confused on how attributes affect skills. I am most confused about combat and alchemy. Does constitution affect your hitpoints? What affects your accuracy in battle? Dexterity? Perception? Both? I thought perception only applied to bows. But im most confused about alchemy. I know you have to have 30 points between intelligence, perception, and essence. But is it like combat where different stats affect different things? Does perception affect the speed of the potion creation, does essence affect the quality of the potion? What does intelligence affect? Im so confused. I know that the description of the stats on the character page changes at 5, 9, 13, and 17. Does that change anything in game? Like does how much damage you do only go up when your str goes up to 5, 9, 13, and 17? Any help would be appreciated.
jmclark

Re: How do attributes affect skills and combat?

Post by jmclark »

I'm still working out the combat stuff myself, so I can't answer that.

Alchemy is alchemy, and however you have the stats split doesn't matter.

I think that each stat point is helpful, unlike DnD where only even numbers matter; the calculations for stats are based off the total value you have in each stat -- the descriptions are just flavour text to help your RP.