Horace found dead at Hemp Necktie

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

S'rrt

Horace found dead at Hemp Necktie

Post by S'rrt »

~ A parchment has been put on notice boards across all realms. It cannot be found at Hemp Necktie. ~

Citizens of the three Realms,

It is with a heavy heart that I inform you that today on the morning of 18th Siros, on this year of 62, I came across the body of Horace Targatheon in front of the gates to the Hemp Necktie Inn. Next to the body was a message that read:
This is what becomes of those who dare to defy me. The Necktie is my territory! Those that come here do so only to offer themselves as soldiers or die!
~ Lord Gray
As I was inspecting the corpse and the message, Jefferson Gray appeared behind me, confirming that the body was the man known as Horace Targatheon. Aside from trying to use his infernal speeches to get under my scales, Jefferson offered no resistance as I made my way to the teleporter to leave. I had not come to Hemp Necktie prepared for a fight, especially not alone, as I was not convinced that he was truly holding dominion over the inn.

My heart goes out to those who were close to Horace. May Cherga treat him well. Unfortunately Jefferson made it clear to keep the body where it lay "as a warning", so its recovery should not be attempted unless assisted by a group of experienced fighters.

~~ Sir S'rrt K'shire
Patrician Knight of Cadomyr
House Desert Fox
Caynwyn

Re: Horace found dead at Hemp Necktie

Post by Caynwyn »

Cay, busy finding herbs in their temporary home of Runewick hoping to move back to the Hemp Necktie soon yet all waits for Jefferson to leave. Moving past a fog or poison which appears to have stayed in the same area now for weeks, she temporarily stops to skim any posts of happenings. Gasping as blue eyes suddenly widen in comprehension at the message of Horace, a sound of angst can be heard from this normally quiet druid as it meanders all through the town...

NO!!

Falling down as her world dissolves...

Please don't be Horace, not my Horace!

In a ball of pain with arms wrapped tightly around her bent legs under the Runewick board, suffering immediately at her loss as red hair becomes damp with tears shed, the druid simply murmurs "No" over and over. She appears inconsolable.
Katharina Brightrim
Cadomyr

Post by Katharina Brightrim »

*A message appears near each teleporter, even the one at the Necktie*

Today we mourn the death of one out of our middle. After Rosea and Xavier, Jefferson Gray killed yet another Cadomyrian citizen, Horace Targatheon. He was a peaceful, pacifistic druid and posed no threat to anybody. Yet, he was still murdered. To all those who sympathies with Jefferson, but who are not fully lost. Open your eyes. This is what he does and what he will keep doing. He does not bring you a new world, he brings terror and death.

Horace's death will not go unpunished. The day of our revenge is coming. I am talking to you directly now, Jefferson. You think that killing and harming innocent people makes you stronger, but it does not. Soon, you will be reunited with the pike, that replaced your body for a while.

Countess of House Desert Fox

HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

The end was neither pleasant nor fully deserved for Horace Targatheon, third of his name. These are not tenets inspired to us by the gods, merely unfortunate harsh realities. Illarion is cursed. The vile roam, the inevitable foretold, retold, paradise lost. Blood and bone, life and death, our flight and resistance from and against the horrors we fear the most chases or drives us toward one eventual path— death. To a few his memory might live on, but in a land of heroes, fortunes, and fables the aspiring Druid; known tippler; and floundering alchemist departed without legacy or a last will and testament. Final bearer of his name, survived by no one— according to Cadomyr’s notary office— his only scratch upon history was being added to Jefferson Gray’s list of victims.

Desecration on a shameless display where crossroads meet, gore and wilt, maggots’ digest, a putrid fester sours Findari’s breath. A plume, a pother, whips afront in search of nostrils. Ebbing and flowing you might escape the scent if you race by, but hold on what remains or come adrift in the breeze and steel your nerves. Eyes to well, rot inhale, the pervasive stench may turn the most hardened stomachs. The Lord hath laid his claim, one enemy slain to curtle the guts of all others. Oh, poor soul to witness his bodily remains, to unsettle fostering eyes.

No one ever blames nature for such disgust, he'd been picked at by creatures, fried by the sun, wilted and discolored by decay, torn apart at the torso, and robbed of his innards. All Horace needed was time and the earth would've undone the deed. Instead, he became the example, the banner for fallen men and the wages of a dark curse set upon us all long, long ago. Cause always has an effect, life always breeds death, and not all things are pretty and kempt.

Goodbye Horace Targatheon.
Goodbye cruel world.
Into the Grey we all depart.
Slightly
Gamemaster

Post by Slightly »

Flickering light brings hope before the Necktie gates.
For days that flame burnt brightly, unyielding to any hand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Flackerndes Licht bringt Hoffnung vor die Tore der Hanfschlinge.
Die Flamme brennt tagelang, ohne dass sie jemand zu löschen vermag.
Inara Valdris

Post by Inara Valdris »

(( english below ))

Zu den Nachrichten über Horace Targatheon wurde folgende hinzugefügt, auch am Hemp.

“Die Fünf und die jungen Götter haben uns nicht verlassen.

Die Fünf und die jungen Götter hören zu.

Die Fünf und die jungen Götter handeln.

Wir müssen nur die Augen auf machen. Mit ihnen sprechen. Zu ihnen beten. An sie glauben
und Vertrauen haben.

Die Götter sind nicht dafür da alle unsere Probleme zu lösen, aber dennoch treten sie das ein
oder andere mal in Erscheinung.

So wie jetzt. Die Fünf nehmen Anteil und bringen Horace Targatheon den ewigen Frieden.
Sie bringen selbst seinen Körper nach Hause in die Umarmung unserer Mutter Ushara.

Ruhe in Frieden Horace Targatheon“

------------------------------------------------------------------------

To all the Messages about Horace Targatheon is a new one added, at the Hemp, too

"The Five and the young goods didn't left us

The Five and the young gods listen

The Five and the young gods act

We just need to see. Talk to them. Pray to them.
Having faith and trust to them.

The gods aren't here to solve all our problems, still every now and then they show themselves.

Just like now. The Five sympathize and bring Horace Targatheon eternal peace. They
bring his body home, let him rest in the embrace of our Mother Ushara.

Rest in Peace Horace Targatheon“