Part III - the adventures of Aleytys Lamar, forgotten stories from a lost Island

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Alytys Lamar

Part III - the adventures of Aleytys Lamar, forgotten stories from a lost Island

Post by Alytys Lamar »

Varshikar.. her refuge.

But in her dreams she always repeated the last scene, the moment she had could kill Edward with one swift move.
The tip from her sharp blade on his throat, his cold emerald eyes.

At this moment a loud and painful scream in her head, her heart bleeding " NO, NO... you cannot kill him, you still love him, you can't kill him.... NOOOOO"

She wasn't able to do the last hit, freezed inside as she whispered the final words towards him
"*Edward, you cheated with poison ?? Why, tell me why ,Edward, was ALL not enough for us ???*
It was beyond her control, everything in slow motion, the poison from his blades rushing through her veins, blood did stream from the wounds on her waist and leg to the ground.
As he left finally with the statement " God's know " and limping away, bleeding, like her, from several deep wounds, but not poisoned, she managed to stagger in direction of Varshikar - at some point just darkness claimed her.
The next hours are clouded, Dalan's face, he carry her on his back the long distance to Varshikar, Maggie stitching her wounds, forcing her to drink antidote ...
Dalan and Maggie saved her life.

Dalan ?, which god has send an albarian knight to rescue her life and why ?
His stern amorous fondness was balm on her wounded bleeding heart.
He put aside his manly proud and haughty behaviour, knowing he probably would regret it bitterly in the future.
With a faint smile she touched her lips, just feeling the sensation of his bittersweet tender kisses.

"This will take a long time my dear.. your wounds healing, but your heart maybe wont heal again, still yearning for Edward's love,
the pain of the memories as he had swore eternal love"

Every time she closed her eyes she did see his face, hear his whisper in her ear again
"Without you there is no Edward. Only the cold-hearted bastard and no prince charming.. Steel and fire. Hate and indifference.. You are the only person I really care about.. more than about myself.. My sweet little Aleytys you are so precious to me..: I don't want this to end ever, Aleytys.. ever.."

He had healed her soul - only to tear her apart a while later.
She wasn't able to shed a tear anymore, only this deep black mourning and the pain in her heart, the wish to die.

Making her round in Varshikar she has a lot of time to thought about Lady Dracu, Pellandria and .. once in a while.. Dalan.
Since she was well again she haven't seen him and she did ponder about the reason. Maybe he had left the Island without a word.

Would you be astonished about this fact ? Due to the fact that he is a man like all others - it would be normal that he gives a damn about you.

As the cold voice spread out in her head she did bite her lower lip. It wasn't enough that her first way to Trolls Bane crossed Edward's way, no,
it seems Dalan wasn't better then all other men.
She was lost in thoughts as she did remember the talks she had with Lady Dracu and Pell.
Poor Pell, she needs truly a thicker skin, she was so lost in love.
A mocking smile rest at the corner of her mouth as she mutters quietly with a tune like to convince herself

I'm glad this is behind me. It was a damn hard school but yet I have learned. Edward, you can be glad that I secured you from death with my words.
Avalyon, Dominic and a lot of others were eager and happy to kill you for what you have done to me, my dear.

A last glance around the area, to make sure all is fine and she left the town towards the mountains, to a special place
There was a leftover to remove....

With mighty, enraged blows she did hit her axe at the tree.

Why you never listen to me? All men are evil, they are only in this world to hurt you, physically and emotional.
All are equal to each other... all men just abuse you, wish to use you only to ditch you afterwards. "

The laughter which breaking out from her lips was bitter, despairing. MEN !!!
The last example was now Dalan, I guess another man who should just be killed.
"you are just to cowardly to do the final step.. But time is on MY side, dear."

The tree cracked with a strong noise to the side and hit the ground. She stared at the fallen tree and her gaze did catch the place on the bark
A heart is carved there, the heart shows an E. and A. also the words forever, together.

Her axe frantically did hit the carving. With a few blows, splinters of wood flying around and a hard, dry sob is to hear,
fading out to the sound of waves crashing upon the shore nearby.
At the following silence she whispers nearly toneless

I'm not a mistake, I'm not a mistake
Alytys Lamar

Re: Part III - the adventures of Aleytys Lamar, forgotten stories from a lost Island

Post by Alytys Lamar »

Dalan Ginthor - ways of honor

A closed heart, a place where love has no space. Selfishness, coldness and pride…such are the qualities that dwell inside a closed heart. No room for anything else, not even showing any willingness to allow the room. A dark, gloomy heart, you could say, but it was the opposite for people wielding this kind of heart.

It may almost be considered a miracle if that heart is slowly opened, permitting the inflowing of love and honesty. But this route consists of a long and jarring road. A partly opened heart is in mid way, yet confusion overtakes and subsides the little solution of the good qualities. Deceit was the easy way out of such chaos, but never the good way.

This was the position that Dalan found himself in. He had already felt hints of love, feelings like those felt in absence of the person, or when in close contact with that person. Knowing he’d have to go back to his land some time, those feelings could do no good to him, only harm, or so he thought in his own ways. It was too late, the suffering had started. But perhaps, it was still possible not to worsen the situation. Of course, he put it as ‘worsening the situation’. In reality, it could have easily been enriching and enhancing, but he was too blind to see that.

So what was the answer, the quick and easy answer? Deceit. Easy, as an answer. The doing was much harder, painful too, but at least it was a temporary pain, or so he hoped. He was somewhat good at deceiving her away from his emotions, tricking and misleading the person that had managed to shed light upon his heart. It was funny and pitiful at the same time for such an appearing strong man. He was weak enough to fail to endure the painful blinding suffered by that spray of light.

"It was all a mistake."

That was what he tried to force himself to believe. Quite possibly, he was swindling himself away from the distressing truth as well. That last encounter he had with Aleytys…If she only knew how that everything was a mask of deception. If she only knew…
Alytys Lamar

Re: Part III - the adventures of Aleytys Lamar, forgotten stories from a lost Island

Post by Alytys Lamar »

On her usual nightly round patrol through the silent, sleeping town of Varshikar, she let pass the last few days in her thoughts.
She always was pierced deep in her heart if she did spot Edward and she felt always so damn helpless against this feeling, just no way to stop it.

The next event -- it seems that Siltaris and Gryphius finally fall in love to each other. A grin appeared and she chuckled, stopping suddenly to nail a scorpion to the ground.
They were meant for each other, she nods a bit and her gaze turns into deep concern.

If I get this damn *Shield* asshole in my fingers I hit him into pieces.. that's for sure. And please Mag...try to survive. I wish I could do anything....

A deep sigh escapes as she moved silently along, after kicking the dead scorpion into the hedge.

Then, another smile can be seen appearing upon her lips. But its an unusual little and tender smile, soften her face totally.
Her gaze rest suddenly dreamy in the blackness, staring to nothing it seems. She whispers gentle to herself

Well... there is someone waiting for you my dear.

She was deeply touched by Dalan's words and it was a feeling as would melt a tiny piece from the coldness inside her away as he told her
*It was you...It was you who forced me to leave everything behind me...to abandon everything...*

He had really gave up his Knighthood, for her ?!

Shaking her head in a astonished manner, her soft voice breaks the silent blackness

My dear, I shouldn't keep you waiting to long
Alytys Lamar

Post by Alytys Lamar »

Chapter II

Charge and Vengeance

She looks over the mess in the depot and begins slowly to separate the *official* things from the private.

Many has changed during the last months, so many.
Suddenly she was in charge, in responsibility for a town and the Militia -- and strangely she did enjoyed this.
Suddenly her skills and knowledge about fighting and tactics was not only importantly for her own protection and pleasure.

This leads her thoughts to Trolls Bane and she did slow shake her head.
Cromwell - Governor of Trolls Bane ?!
How long had both dreamed of such a chance. And now ? Pretty ironic that both had a mighty position, now.
She snickers maleficent --
I bet not more then a half of a year Cromwell and you land again in the gutter with your bottles

Suddenly her facial expression changed and she throws rudely some weapons in the bag for the Militia.
Siltaris was dead !!
Her death never should be forgotten, nor forgiven this cowardly crime.
Any time she saw the broken Gryphius, a deep impotent fury overcomes her, but she knew what had to be done.

Her whisper breaks the beautiful morning peace

The revenge will come, the vengeance shall be mine. I have time, much time ...

She heard the noises in the library and a smile crossed her full lips.
Dalan was wakened and grumbled lightly about his armor and weapons.
What he has done for her, without any claim, she wouldn't be able to pay back.
He let her simple be as she was -- no correction. Her whole torn life and mind was accepted, without further words.
In her ears the sound from his loving words :

Be...careful with whatever you do, don't..., don't make me feel the way Gryphius has felt.

This proud man, with his stern and rather unfriendly visage would fight with her, for her .. fight until death, if it was necessary.

Yes, many has changed the last couple of month ....
Alytys Lamar

Post by Alytys Lamar »

As she stand within a blink of an eye in Varshikar, back from the short talk with Avalyon, her dark eyes having still a hard glint, full of hate.
She did nod to herself, gazing the stars.

Fine, the first step is done. And if Avalyon means I act as his toy ... oh well then... he terrible misjudge me ...like many others.
But let see what Gryphius has to say.. to his *offer*. But better let out the part Avalyon will have me as his prize .. wont happen anyway

She heard about grivjaks death, the gods having own ways for justice it seems.
Her cold quiet chuckle was barely to hear as she paces slowly in direction of the desert, merging with the darkness.

Avalyon el'Hattar - darkness and might

Her eyes.. her hatred filled eyes.. They haunted him for hours after her departure.
He sat on the cold grave, leaning his back against the gravestone.
His eyes wander into the darkness of the night, gazing to the stars.

You asked me for a strong, efficient poison, one that can kill...
He mumbles slowly to himself, folding his arms over his chest and his feet underneath himself.
I will brew you this poison, one so strong that will make the blood boil in the veins and the flesh peel of the bones, eaten from inside.
I will make your enemies feel hellish tortures, I will make them scream in agony, begging for their demise, but you ...
do not dare to forget the deal! the deal that you have made with the devil. You will be mine, your body and your soul ...

Slowly he reaches inside his coat, taking out the vial that he had filled with blood.

Blood of hatred and blood of the cursed.

He lifts the vial into the air, in front of his eyes and looking trough it at the newly rised moon, he whispers First ingredient.
Alytys Lamar

Post by Alytys Lamar »

Receiving the Poison from Avalyon was one matter.... then he tried to claim his *prize*

She let him kiss her lips without showing any emotion, whilst she did grab his hands removing it from her waste.
He seemed unsure, for a second- which was enough for Aleytys.

Moving away from him backwards, her eyes colder as ice.

*You can do your black magic on me Ava, but you know also you wont have a mindless shell, a puppet.
Its not what you desire. You want ME, my passion, lust and wit at your side. You crave for a equal partner, don't you ?
Wont happen ... Oh and thank you for the gift*

Holding up the vial with a cold chuckle she turned on her heels and moved away.

He didn't even make an attempt to stop or follow her.

Arriving Varshikar she stored the vial carefully away. She knew he would do something.
Which could lead into problems for the town and her friends.
Looking over the ocean and she mutters quietly

"Time to make a little journey..he will have cooled off by then. "

Her belongings packed in a hurry she went to the harbor.
With a fast movement she motions to a girl who standing near at the dock, handing some coppers to her

Go to Varshikar, give a man named Dalan Ginthor this letter please

The Girl did nod and ran away. Her eyes following the child a moment before she took her backpack and without hesitation she choose one ship.
Before she climbed up the ship's rail she looked over the harbor. Her midnight eyes did show somewhat of sadness and her whisper was barely audible to hear:

Farewell .. for a while my love. I'll miss you Dalan
Alytys Lamar

Post by Alytys Lamar »

She took a deep, a very deep breath, as she could finally see from the ship - the landscape she knew so well .. Laemaros.
Her thoughts started running wildly, shred of memories from her youth flutter through her head for a moment ...

What wil I find here, why did I chose to sail back to this lands ??
Weeks on sea, I'm damn tired.. and the sea was pretty rough sometimes
You left Varshikar alone, telling no one where you went..
I miss you Dalan, I wish you're on my side right now.
Is it really needed to face the old home ... there will be maybe nothing but burned ruins ..
Aleytys, you are insane ...

The anchor dropped loud and with a rattling, tearing her out of her thoughts.
Determind she grabbed the backpack, nods to the sailors nearby walking down towards the jetty.

The harbor was dirty as ever, rats scamper around, the smell in the air awefully.
All her senses were tensed, she moved through the streets and about the smell she started to regret she had left the ship.

She pulled the hood deeper in her face as she arrived the market place with the loud crowd, marketeers and jugglers.
A faint grin appears upon her full lips as she listened to this cacophony of tones. And again her mind rested on a man, Dalan.
She missed him so terrible, never she had thought that she could feel this way after the break with Edward.
But now .. she was here.. and it seems a lot has changed..

Her gaze rested thoughtful on a dozens of soldiers around, standing there with grim faces and armed to the teeth.
The normal people are involved in the hustle and bustle of this busy place... but .. one thing was clearly missing....
there was no laughter to hear, no child to see ....

With a deep frown she did quicken her pace to pass the marketplace.

Few minutes later she stand before a house, a well known mansion, and her smile returned as she knocked on *his* door ......
Alytys Lamar

Post by Alytys Lamar »

Aaron - last days of a Soldier

With closed curtains, the candles on his desk were the only light in the small library of his mansion.
Or more - what was remaining from his library. The hall, once filled with several bookshelfs and walls covered with portraits and paintings was now more a ruin of what it used to be, like the rest of his mansion. The paintings ripped, the bookshelfs and furniture broken - all done by the new authorities in town. Most of this men were trained and educated by himself, but even they feared the consequences of disobeying their new orders.

Years have passed since it all happened, but still, he haven't had the strength to rebuild the mansion. He became old, and maybe it was a last tribute to him that the soldiers of Laemaros have "failed" to find him.

So he sat on a wooden chair at his desk, reading foreign stories to distract himself from all the pain and horror that happened outside on the streets.
From all this cruelty where he could do nothing against.

Aaron was a man in his 50's, with white-grey hair, growing over his ears and a mustache. His shoulders were broad and several scars over his face were the last memories of a great warrior. His eyes were amber-colored and showing experience.

Once he was the instructor of all fighters serving the house of Lamar. Even the high royalities of the house Lamar themselfs.
But after the house of Lamar lost their throne and their dignity, he was nothing more than the leftover of a great warrior.
He dedicated his time to alcohol, to wash away his regret and his helpless, desperate feelings and tried to live in his own memories of the once proud
and honorable country of Laemaros.

But this time, noises pulled him out of his dreamworld.

*Knock Knock*

Who could it be? Have they come to get him finally? He reached out for the Broadsword laying on his table.
If this would be his last battle, he'd take as many with him as he could. Slowly and carefully he left the library into the small hall with the entrance,
stepped down the remainins of the stairs and approached the main portal. Hesitatingly his hand reached out for the latch....
With a creaky noise he opened it and held the sword's tip in direction of whoever was standing there....

But when he saw her.... his thin lips just formed her name whispering in shock... " Aleytys...!"
Alytys Lamar

Post by Alytys Lamar »

Her fingertip did push softly the tip from the sword downwards, her cold obsidian eyes, dark as midnight, suddenly filled with warmth and she whispers back :

Yes Aaron, this is me, Aleytys. Shut your mouth dear... you get a cold.

After this sentence she chuckled quietly, staring in his face, the face of a speechless man, a man she adored, a man who seems to be desperate and lost.

Can we go inside your House ? I mean I need rest and this soldiers I've seen let me not feeling welcome if they would know who I am. Many has changed here, far as I could see ...

Waiting for his answer and a move from him, she tried to catch his gaze...

Aaron needed quite a while for his respond. Trying to realize or making out if he was still dreaming or if it was reality he examined her. Ten years...

But, in the name of the 11, she was even more beautiful now, when she was forced to leave she was ... 17...
In the end, he descided he give up the clynch between reality and dream, and just stepped aside to let her come in.

Please excuse the state of my house, but .. well you were gone for a long time. At least those bastards haven't burned my house like most houses related with your family. Come, and follow me.. Do you want something to drink? I have some ale left.

He led her up the stairs into the last room which was untouched by the new authorities-The Bedroom.
Like in every other room the curtains were closed, and Aaron lit some candles as they entered.
From a wardrobe he took out two bottles of Ale, handing one of them to Aleytys.

With a serious face she took the ale from his hand, opened the bottle and raised the mug to tap on his lightly.

Cheers Aaron, one of the things you have learned me ... drink a lot and stand, be able to drink a man under the table.... It has worked fine Aaron.

After a large sip from the ale and a mocking grin, she did place the bottle on the bedside table, removing her cape and did loosen the belt. With a deep sigh she sit on the bed.

Well.. HE did hunting me Aaron, a long time, wherever I was going... but in the end I could defeat him with help of others, friends...
HE is dead. I have a lot of adventures behind me and I'm more then thankful for your hard teachings my old friend, my master ....
Yes a lot has changed... and now tell me Aaron .. my parents ? The castle? And you... you seem not in a good condition, like your mansion..

The old warrior gave her a rather long sad look, and then turning to the wardrobe again.
"I think we'd need something stronger for this..." his first reply was and a deep sigh was the next.
He reached into the wardrobe for two dusty glasses and a bottle with .. well, one couldn't actually say what kind of liquid really was in that bottle,
but one thing Aleytys could've been sure of: .... One could drink it, it contained alcohol, and one could seriously drink your mind away with it.

He poured out the liqour in one of that glasses and handed it to her, before pouring out a glass for himself.

"All that years, since the day you left... when I had to watch all this happen and wasn't able to do anything about it.. and everytime i remembered about it.. i prayed for myself, not having to be the one to tell you.."

He chuckled slightly, though it was a rather sad, and ironic chuckle.

"But it appears, that gods don't accept the prayers of old drunkards like me, huh?"

He emptied his glass in one sip and placed it on the bedside table, just to pour himself another glass after taking a seat on his bed.

"Well.. where to start..?"
Alytys Lamar

Post by Alytys Lamar »

Meanwhile ....

Dalan Ginthor - ways of honor

Back on the island of Gobaith, the eyes of a man were quietly watching the few people that entered or left the town of Varshikar.
The man was like a dull statue fixed against the bark of a tree that casted its shadows over the figure.
To the most passers-by, especially those females, he had to pass some kind of remark, and all his words were far from complimenting.
His voice was marked by a touch of coldness and confidence, and his face was characterized by unfriendliness.

"You know, that armor doesn’t suit you at all."

He stated to one elven lady, with a smirk appearing on his lips just after. However, all of that was nothing but a mask, a mask to hide his feelings.
He was trying to communicate with people to avoid lonesome moments where he would be most vulnerable to thoughts and emotions.
And yet, he couldn’t help being cold and ill-mannered. He was using communication to release his anger, or was it sadness?

A mixture rather. Aleytys had left the island without informing him beforehand, and he neither knew the location she went to nor the reasons.
Thinking about that only gave rise to a kind of anger inside him, especially when he was asked about her, and even worse to be asked by that ‘old man’.
He barely knew anything more than anyone else, but what could he do for now?

Eventually the skies darkened and the sun sank beneath the horizon. Silence reigned through the streets of Varshikar as most enjoyed a tranquil sleep inside the buildings.
But that one man was still outside, awake. Now that no one was around, there was no point anymore to maintain his mask.
In that solitude, his coat of deceit shattered, and the unfriendliness in his visage faded away.
So rare to see the countenance of such a strong-willed and confident man to express sorrow and melancholy, but that was unavoidable now.
The bitter consequences of love. And so, he hobbled away in the silence of the night, her name was the only hushed word that could be heard from him,
though only audible to his own ears.

"Aleytys…"
Alytys Lamar

Post by Alytys Lamar »

Resting in the cabin from the ship she thought back what happened.

After Aaron telling her the details and the death from her parents she couldn't weep, she had knew this deep in her heart anyway.
But still the cruel death of her parents .. she wasnt sure if she felt more then a slight sorrow now it was a certain fact.
Her Mother had chosen suicide, as she had chosen never to care for her - cause she was a girl and not a boy.
As a child she had barely seen her... only on official banquets and not even always.
She closed herself off in a depressive, grey state, the house servants called her a *Nuts*.

But her father did die a terrible death... tortured, hanged, drawn and quartered.
So he had payed for his crime against his own daughter, she thought.
Still, 'til she was 17 and he sold her out, he was her hero, a man she looked up, loved him deeply.

Admit it ... it still hurts and you never can forget his betrayal, can't you ? she whispered to herself

Aaron did tell her that the underling of Negros, a Count, erased the house Lamar from history...
Lay waste to the still loyal knighthood, desecration of graves, using the older servants as sacrifices for Ritual's dedicated to Moshran.
Soon, no one dared even to whisper about him.

But what to do against a dictatorship like this at Laemaros ?

She couldn't sleep this night and the talk with Aaron did take a long time.
It was clear she was the last one of the Lamar line, and due to her sacrifice she wouldn't be able to safe the line from extinction.
Gladly, she didn't care for titles or politics. Still, it was a shame.
Both were very drunk as the sun her early sunbeams stretched over her former homeland.

A soft sad smile appeared on her lips, her eyes still fixed on the ceiling.
Aaron died two days later, maybe he has given up, maybe he has done all, maybe he has seen no necessary to stay alive.
He just died peacefully in his sleep.

At this moment she cried bitter tears, the first time since a long time.
The day before he has said to her she should go back, back to the man who loved her, back to the desert and Varshikar, her new home.
Laemaros was lost.
She provided for a well-arranged burial and paid everything. Then she packed her little things in the backpack and did buy a cabin in a ship.
There was no regret or the feeling she need to stay, it was a easy step to leave Laemaros.
She felt Gobaith and Varshikar was her new home, her heart, everything.

Suddenly she had been tear out from her daydreams....
Callings, a dull impact let the ship shudder like a old woman in a storm, she heard bloodcurdling screams....

Pirates.. Oh by all the gods .. Pirates .....

With her own swift, fluid movement she rose, grabbing her two swords, running out to help the crew........
Alytys Lamar

Post by Alytys Lamar »

Antonius or Pirates die not easily

“An easy prey”,

Antonius muttered as he was watching the ship which carried the flag of La on it’s mast top. He grinned winningly and his gilded incisor blinked.
Turning around to his crew he made a wide gesture towards the ship.

MEN! Ready your knifes. We shall slaughter this fat pig over there and have a feast.”

Antonius liked the sound of the unsheathing metal and he nodded to his bunch of pirates. This ship was a good sign.
The last few weeks they hadn’t encountered anything worth or easy enough to board. His men used to grew too thoughtful once there was a period of no raiding.
They came up with stupid ideas during these times. Just three days ago Antonius had to send a man over the plank, because he was speaking ill over his abilities as a captain.
The raiding of this freighter would keep his crew satisfied for the next few weeks.
Sometimes he thought they were like spoiled brats. Although this wooden lady was their life, but it was definitely about time that they got onto some real women again.
Some fleshy curves would make them think straight again.

20 minutes later Antonius jumped over the rail, screaming along with his men and sabres drawn and wielding. The sailors welcomed them with their few weapons they had and within seconds the battle arouse. Antonius sharp sabre slit a mans chest open...

She fought like she was in a intoxication, pirat for pirat, bloody victims for her blades.
Only too well she knew what would be happen to her if she would survive this massacre, so she was prepared to die.
No a single thought to stay alive was in her, she would never fall alive into the hands of this dirty bunch.

Suddenly she collided with her back into a man, she turned in a fluid whirl around to look, friend or foe..... and then ....

...... the world did stand still, like a frozen picture.
The noises and screams from the battle are like a soft background from a feverish, bloody dream.
She stared in his face, a shocked expression in her deep dark eyes.
But her skilled movements let aim her blades against his neck before she gasps, nearly inaudible words coming over her lips....

You are dead, I've killed you...You betrayed me... and I killed you .....

Alytys Lamar

Post by Alytys Lamar »

He fought like a madmen. One after the other. Those untrained sailors were easy enemies. But something was wrong.
From the corner of his eyes he noticed that two of his men had fallen for the foe’s blades. Suddenly something bumped against his back.
First stabbing the sailor in front of him, then turning around to see who ran into him, he froze.
Just in the very same second that she had rose her blade on his neck ,so did he.
Antonius took a moment to realize, but there was no doubt. It was HER. Aleytys Lamar. After all these years he would still recognize her.
Although something was wrong with her eyes, he thought. They weren’t as fiery anymore as they used to be. They seemed so much colder, even darker.
Time has left it’s traces on the princess face. His little princess.

Her words pulled him back out of the memories that had came up at her sight and although he was truly astonished, he grinned winningly.

“My dear Aleytys, I’ve survived more dreadful blows than yours. Yet your blade has carved a sign into my flesh that til today has not faded.
I like to think that I survived this day because if you are honest with yourself: You never really wanted to take my life.”

The noises of the battle became quiet. Most of the sailors that offered the resistance were defeated, the others now surrendered. The ship was theirs.
Some of his men stood around him and Aleytys now, who were still in the same position. Antonius sabre at her neck, Aleytys blade at his neck, too.
That’s how it has always been with his Aleytys. She was a fighter. A feline predator circling around it’s prey. Deadly games.
In all the time that this woman had stood at his side, he had never dared to think to be superior to her. Although maybe he was even a tad more vicious than she used to be.
After all he had betrayed her. No matter what he had felt.

Rudsley cackled. “Look! The gods were merciful and made a woman get onto this ship. The one who slaughtered the most sailors can have her first!”

Her voice cuts clear and cold as ice through the upcoming quiet.

The first who dare to touch me will cause the Captain in trouble, or better... in his death... I hope you all have understand me

She pressed the sharp tip of her blade with a swift tiny move hard on Antonius neck, still holding eye contact to him. Her dark eyes seeming unemotional and icy like dark obsidians
as blood started to drop down on his white, but now dirty shirt.

And you my lovely dear.... should call your bloodhounds back .. NOW !!
she hissed to Antonius.
Then we can maybe talk a bit, oh, and just to let you know.. my life is nothing for me.. so feel free to kill me if you can...

Antonius still smiled winningly, not minding the blade at his neck. He knew this woman. And he loved to observe her reactions.
"Aleytys, you forgot that you are speaking to a bunch of pirates. The only loyality they know is the loyalty towards booze and gold."
Some of his men smirked or grinned. Antonius lowered the blade from her neck. She would not kill him, even if she hated him.
She maybe could take on one or two men, but killing him would only cause her immediate death.

With the back of his hand he moved the blade slightly away from his neck, knowing that she would give in. He turned to his crew.
"Men. Most of you don´t know this Lady anymore that is standing here next to me. Her name is Aleytys Lamar and she´s my guest for now on our ship.
I don´t recommend anyone of you to touch her, because she will more quickly cut your hands than I will."

He looked seriously at his pirates, one after the other. Then he raised his voice:
" ´n now stop standing around and get the wares and treasures loaded on our ol´ lady!!"

The men spread and Antonius made a wide gesture towards the ship. "Welcome home, my little princess."
Alytys Lamar

Post by Alytys Lamar »

Oh she knew him only to well, this was exactly the reaction she had expected.

Both were to smart and both knew about the fact of the own death by another reaction. So there was no choice... and she let him lowering her blade.
Still watching his pirates from the corner of her eyes she was like a tensed feather, nevertheless she decided to follow him.
He was handsome as ever, older, 10 years older now and his violent life has marked his face, but she had noticed the sparkle in his eyes as he observed her reactions.
In his cabin she chuckled coldly and very quiet before she took a seat.

So.. my dearest Pirat, how about a glass of wine for me ? I mean I stand still under shock. And I hate you .. or should I refresh your knowledge Antonius ?
You broke my heart 10 years before ...

Antonius bowed a little in a joking manner. "Your wish is my order.",
he said, turning around to find a nice bottle of wine while he listened to what she was saying.
While not facing her, she couldn't see that he was grimacing slightly. He poured the wine into the goblets and thought well.
Then turning back to her and offering her one of the goblets.

Antonius took a seat next to her.

"No, you don't need to refresh my knowledge, Aleytys. I remember well what happened.",
he took a deep sip from the wine. Then he spoke again:

"I'm a foolish man Aleytys. There were so many goldcoins on your pretty head, I couldn't resist. But if you would have left your cabin only 10 minutes later than you did, you would have never took any notice of the deal that was going to happen... simply for the reason that I was going to send them away. I had made up my mind. But it was too late. Before I could calm you, you did cut me down, lady. And most of my men, mind you."

He drank from his goblet again, giving Aleytys time to contemplate and react.

Taking the goblet a cold smirk crossed her full lips. With care she placed, after a first little sip, the goblet in front of her at the table.
In her dark eyes appeared a dangereous sparkle and after a few minutes of silence she answered without any visible emotion.

And you think I'm so foolish to believe such words .. mmh ? Antonius, Antonius ..tz tz tz.
But anyway .. the demon who has offered the gold for my head rot in deep darkness now, defeated from a little princess and her new and true friends.
Regardless there stand the fact you betrayed my love, our love..

She shrugged her slender shoulders and continued, her voice like dark velvet embedded in ice

Before you tell me new lies.. let me please know what's in your mind and what you want to do with me. I'm pretty aware about my situation dearest pirat

Antonius leaned against the table next to her where she was sitting and sipped from his wine.
“New and true friends, Aleytys? That are strange words coming from you. You know very well that every friendship breaks as soon as it comes to money and personal gain,… and so does love. Anyway…”,
he rested down the goblet on the table behind him and looked down to the woman he once betrayed. It was a strange sensation.

“…unless you really enjoy swimming, I guess you are welcome to join our daily business. I don’t assume you forgot what it is like to be a pirate.
Did you miss it?”

His eyes sparkled mischievously as he was looking at her. On the sea together with Aleytys Lamar. Again. That was much better than any treasure the ship could have hold.
Alytys Lamar

Post by Alytys Lamar »

The way back home ?

She stood on the ship's rail and let the strong wind ruffle her hair wildly.
A small smile did cross her lips and she closed her eyes, listen to the soft noises from the *old Lady*, creaking and pitching through the hard sea condition.
The last 7 weeks it was like she would've never missed 10 years, she found back to a life as a pirate without any hesitate, enjoying the danger,
the freedom and the fights. Never did she asked herself if it was wrong or right .. she simple didn't care about.

The pirates respected her, after a knife-duel with a sharp tongue ruffian.
He had made a remark that she only being a whore for the captain.
He did regret it bitterly, the knife between his eyes did blow out his life. She was simple too swift for him and her flawless victory seems to impress the whole crew.
Antonius watched the fight with a smirk and a proud glint in his eyes. Yelling afterwards to remove the poor dead sod from the planks of his ship.

Antonius .. mmmh... she smiled whimsically whilst her dark eyes travelled over the sea.
He tried to seduce her, first gentle and with gifts, then with a hard and passionate kiss.
But she couldn't return his feelings, not yet, or maybe not anymore. Love was one thing she didn't care much for.
The only man she desired was Dalan and he was like a constantly shadow, maybe like a guardian shadow ?
Antonius accepted it.. atleast it seems so.

The loud yell from the man in the crow's nest let awake her form the daydreaming ....* LAND HOOOOO *

She pushed her body away from the rail, running with her hands over the black leather outfit, her eyes searching for Antonius.
Alytys Lamar

Post by Alytys Lamar »

Antonius had a grim look on his face as he came out of his cabin. “LAND HOOO!” – he heard one of his crew yelling.
His face became even more grim as he saw Aleytys on the deck.The black leather armor did emphasize her small, but so well trained build, her delicate curves.
For him she was the incarnate of a deadly, mind-blowing but gorgeous woman - if he had ever seen one.

He had tried everything the past weeks. In a charming way. In a persistant way. In a demanding way. But she wouldn’t give in.
One single kiss was everything he had been able to force on her. And although he wouldn’t admit it, but it hurt him.
Yet Antonius also thought that it was what he deserved for betraying her.
It was obvious that Aleytys had enjoyed her time with the pirates. In Antonius opinion this was her origin. Yet he wouldn’t force her to stay.

“Gobaith.”, he said to Aleytys as he stood next to her. “You are aware Aleytys, if you leave this ship, there will be barely any possibility to come back here. We might see each other never again. Don’t you think that this old lady here is your home?”.

Slowly she turns to Antonius, straight looking in his face.

I know this well Antonius and I must say I enjoyed the stay on the * old lady *. You are a lucky bastard with this ship and crew and maybe ..
maybe.. you are right that she could be my home too. But also you know I could never return your feelings and sooner or later would this cause to a problem.
You never learned to accept a simple * NO * my friend.
Its time to go home and i have to make a excuse to a man who means a lot to me Antonius.

The palm of her hand did rest on his cheek with a soft touch as she spoke and her dark eyes locked in his.

Let me go dear .. you know I'm like a cat... I stroll around but always have to go back to a homepoint

Antonius looked in her eyes and took her chin into his hand. He gazed quietly at her. He would rather have the ship turn around
and travel back into the wide oceans again with her at his side. But against her will ? ..... no.
Her growled slightly and removed his hand from her chin and nodded just slightly.
"Fine. I will let you go Aletytys, although I enjoyed our time together. It was nearly like back in the old days.
I've made the biggest mistake in my life as I betrayed you. But a man has to live with the consequences of his decisions
and I will not make you pay for what I have done. You are free to go."

He shouted over his shoulder: "Aim the harbour, Rudsley!"

Antonius turned back to the her.
"We will reach the harbour in a few minutes. Oh and Aleytys, you won't be able to deny me to visit you one day, keep that in mind.
If we cross this island again some time, I will come and have a look how you are living and see if that bastard you love, actually deserves you."

I can barely wait to see you again.
Her lips curled into her usual mocking smile, words rather ironic spoken, but before he could return anything she leaned close to him and kissed softly his lips.

Thank you Antonius...
With this words she left him quickly, grabbing her backpack and her dark sparkling eyes traveled over the coastal line from Gobaith.

A nearly audible whisper is to hear I'm back again ...
Alytys Lamar

Post by Alytys Lamar »

Nestled in Dalans arms and with closed eyes she felt warm and fuzzy, maybe even complete. A unusual sweet smile played on her lips.

Yesterday she took Dalan out from the Jail in Trolls Bane , only for given her word to Taliss and Dantagon.
She had to chuckle.. Dalan a criminal, what a ridicolous picture. We will see what the Trial brings out.
That he had acted weird and strange was her fault, too. She felt nearly somewhat of regret that she left him, let him be so disarranged.
But he gave her the chance to explain.

A short thought crossed her mind to this other man from her past, the man who has give her a night angel blossom, the man she had thought he was dead.
What a surprise to found him near the Nordmark, but this should be her secret and wont influence her Relationship to Dalan.

Slowly she opened her eyes now to look in Dalans sleeping face. The moon stood full over the Oasis and a magical silver light dances around both lovers.
Her calm, usually cold, face showed calm and trust and her whisper was only a motion from her lips

I guess I'm on my way to love you Sir Knight ...

Some days later:

Time to settle down, my dear

This was speaked in a slow and quiet manner to herself, accompanied by a nod.

After Dalans trial and the judgment that he has only to payback a few of silvercoins, both had wonderful days with eachother.
In her mind was a special thing to surprise him, give him finally a reason to stay in Varshikar and the feeling he has a new home.
Still- she felt guilty ... he had lost all - for her love, he had acted strange, because of her leaving, he deserved a new *homepoint*, definitely.

The rumor she heard about Edward let her smile bitterly, tough.
She heared he had married Ashayen. The stings still pierced sometimes, but she tried to ignore it.

Her thoughtful gaze rest at the flames from the campfire and she nods again.

Time to put things straight ...

More then a half year later....

She thought back..six months, more then six months... whilst sitting in the dark of the Oasis and watching the stars.

Not easy to do so, cause her heart burns about the loss of Dalan. He was dead, at least a grave told this clear and unambiguous.

After the hastily departure from the Island, unexpected, Dalan wanted her on his side, she did arrive the Mainland.
At this time a friend of Dalans youth did live there and had send a parchment for help.
Dalan with his principles of loyalty rushes to help his friend against a big lousy, foul bandit horde,
all maraud Mercenaries and formerly Knights with excellent weapons and tactics.

Faster as expected they were involved in countless dirty fights -- day by day.. sleeping short and less, the smell of blood and hate around.
Dalans friend was trying to rescue his house and family, but the bandit merc's also had the goal to rid them off from landscape and keep the impressive Castle as a important hideout.
She never had understood what was the real reason behind it, though.
Her presumption was another.. she would bet of it Dalan's friend had stolen some treasures from the bandits.
But she was never a person who judged others.. and respected Dalans wish.
He had saved her life twice and this was a question of honor for her to help him now, to payback a bit from this debt.

The last day she still could not remember very well .. The battle was hard and grim, but nothing special, it was just a battle like the others the last few weeks ago.
Dalan was out of view .. and would never return.

As she realized in the night, he was missed, she took some proviant and a horse, riding to the battlegrounds to search for him, with Dalans friend on her side.
Both tried to find a sign, anything, searching desperate for information about his disappearance.

After some days of quiet... the bandits had stopped unexpectedly the attacks, a blood drenched shirt and also his armor was found near the house.
A simple letter on the belongings, under his helmet, had been lying there, too.

* He is dead, his grave can be found under the big oak, northwest of this house *

Aleytys hits her fists with a piercing scream on a rock, not caring about her damaged hand, again and again. Then she ran to the oak ...

Slowly she returned with her thoughts back to Varshikar. A dark desperate heart was coming home, searching for a bit peace in her life.
So painfully the loss of this love, of this man, *Dalan ....* she whispered, repeating several times his name, but no tears are left.
She was hiding all emotions during the days, speaking and living in Varshikar like a empty puppet, simple try to live a *normal* life.

I'm cursed, not more and not less .. either I'm bringing misfortune over all people I love, or they betray me.
But I always get hurt, deeply ...

Her voice faded in the darkness and she did fall in another restless sleep with nightmares.

THE END OF THE GOBAITH STORY LINE ABOUT ALEYTYS LAMAR