Portal Book propsal

Here you can make and discuss suggestions to improve the game. / Hier kannst du Vorschläge einreichen und diskutieren um das Spiel zu verbessern.

Moderator: Developers

Sir_Kale

Portal Book propsal

Post by Sir_Kale »

I think 2 portals should open up when you read a book because I think that would be realistic cause the Portal stays open where you open it after you run through and use it same should be the other side. Also monsters should be able to follow you through portals because well it would also be more realistic.

thank you
Q-wert

Re: Portal Book propsal

Post by Q-wert »

I do remember the time when monsters 'would' be warped around if they walked (or were lured) into portals. The shenanigans of people intentionally porting the strongest monsters the game had in front (and even into) settlements that would walk around for half an hour, killing anyone not running from it until finally a powergamed warrior or a mage showed up.
As most things involving insecurity inside settlements it was fun once or twice... but really got old fast. I'm also rather sure sure that reintroducing the mechanic would not make it past the 'no level 5 monster near the settlements'-design rule we seem to have now.
Sir_Kale

Post by Sir_Kale »

i do agree with you, but if there was a way to help prevent that i would just like it for the fact of realism for the game and people to travel back and forth.
Katharina Brightrim
Cadomyr

Post by Katharina Brightrim »

Sir_Kale wrote:that would be realistic
Portals are not realistic at all.
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

lol good one.
Kugar

Post by Kugar »

Katharina Ross wrote:
Sir_Kale wrote:that would be realistic
Portals are not realistic at all.
Pretty sure they mean realistic as in designing the use of portals in this game in such a way that mirrors the already conceptualized art and use of portals in a ton of popular fiction.

However, I've also seen transportation with portals work in fantasy bs as follows: character jumps through a large swirling portal - falls out a very brief rip in the atmosphere/plane and ends up at next destination. So maybe Illarion is like that? Or like the star trek atom particle teleportation thingie, but it all happens inside the portal. I guess its open for interpretation, but there really is no serious issues with the teleport function imo.