Altars for Lesser gods

Here you can make and discuss suggestions to improve the game. / Hier kannst du Vorschläge einreichen und diskutieren um das Spiel zu verbessern.

Moderator: Developers

Mephistopheles

Altars for Lesser gods

Post by Mephistopheles »

There are at least three cannon demi-gods that are directly related to moshran but are quite different.

Bjolmur-Goddess of dark magic, demons, and diplomacy (like actively making deals with mortals or demons to get what she wants, it my or may not end well for the other guy)

Cherass- Evil Death God, he commands legions of death knights (warriors who pledge themselves to him to gain immortal life in the form of undeath), hordes of undead, and rumors hold he also commands the remnants of the vampires from Madrook's army. (A super awesome GM quest idea, eh? eh?)

Dragorog- Can't have a fantasy game without an evil dragon god... In the early days Moshran stole five eggs from Bragon, corrupted these eggs and from them the black dragons were born. Dragorog commands the mighty strength of the black dragons.

Could we have some altars with names and perhaps devotion? Please?? :shock:
Jupiter
Developer

Re: Altars for Lesser gods

Post by Jupiter »

Since they are not gods, they should not get the same things as gods. Throwing altars out with the option to devote yourself to them would give a false impression. However, there is nothing wrong with special places for them, even to worship them in some sense (but always with Moshran being somewhat involved. Directly, indirectely. Maybe even disguised.). I wouldn't start to go and just place such places on the map. Rather, I would like to see either some GM making a special quest for it or a wicked group of player chars working for that goal slowly. In any case, it should be an development (with the chance top fail, in case the good guys discover that and are able to prevent that, no fixed outcome) and mot just a "now it is there. deal with it."

Summary: If it is included in a proper story, why not?
Morbius

Post by Morbius »

Where did you dig all this awesome sounding lore up from?

That was a serious question. I want to know more about it! I feel like this sort of stuff used to be easily accessible, but isn't really anymore? Maybe I'm just not looking hard enough.
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

I think there is an altar available at the dragon's den, and is tied to one of the demi-gods.
The lizard temple thing likely has one of the pieces from Tanora's cohorts as well.

As for where it can be found, it is available on the website under the gods section.
Morbius

Post by Morbius »

Vern Kron wrote:As for where it can be found, it is available on the website under the gods section.
Cheers! I know I've read through that section before though... maybe I just missed it. I guess I was just a matter of not looking hard enough.