Make all towns Non-PVP zones.

Here you can make and discuss suggestions to improve the game. / Hier kannst du Vorschläge einreichen und diskutieren um das Spiel zu verbessern.

Moderator: Developers

Caswir

Make all towns Non-PVP zones.

Post by Caswir »

I propose to make all towns Non-PVP zones. excluding the Arena, and also training ground. The following is a list of reasons.
  • *Less supervision required for gms
    *Solve town ban issues
    *Great for AFK
    *Create a greater RP environment
    *Less involvement required from chancellors
    *Easier for characters to work, craft, and trade
    *Overall more peaceful vibe
Mephistopheles

Re: Make all towns Non-PVP zones.

Post by Mephistopheles »

Then If there will be monster guards, there would be no way players of the city could help their own guards fight banned people/tresspassers off the land.

Which would mean outlaws could safely engage guards inside town any players would just have to stand by and watch.
Karrock

Post by Karrock »

I'm against this idea. Making pvp and non pvp zones is against reality. Sometimes may exists good cause to attack other char. Not often though, but exists. Please don't make this game a game for hippies!
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

Why should towns be a safe zone? That shouldn't be the case. They should be safer but not completely safe. This is just boring. Illarion is not a crafting simulation but a full-grown fantasy game. Therefore, danger can also find you in the towns. I don't see how it helps to deactivate a feature for that. Using the fighting engine is also part of roleplay. We have a rule against attacking without roleplay. I don't see how removing pvp in town that would make better rp. I actually believe it would make it worse. For me, it would also break the immersion. It would always feel like "I can't really fight here".
the banning issue will be less problematic with monster guards.

PS: I never had the problem to be attacked if being afk. If you are alone -> log out instead of going afk. If there are others around you with whom you rp -> just be briefly afk. You are not supposed to be afk for minutes.