A small rework for Sirani

Here you can make and discuss suggestions to improve the game. / Hier kannst du Vorschläge einreichen und diskutieren um das Spiel zu verbessern.

Moderator: Developers

RobinValentine

A small rework for Sirani

Post by RobinValentine »

Proposal
Change Sirani from 'the Goddess of Love and Pleasure' to 'the Goddess of Love and Caring' ((or something of the sort))

Listed Reasons
1.)The pleasure part is against the rules
2.)Above reason makes it uncomfortable to RP anything with her and/or implores rule breaking
3.)Would not be a severe change

Reasons Expanded
1.) "Content and portrayals of actions which are brutal, perverse, sexual or glorify violence are strictly forbidden. Also all contents that hurt the ideals and moralities of involved players and random listeners are not allowed." I got scolded by several people for trying to play a prostitute. Having a Goddess to something you can't have in game is just bad mannering the community.
2.)Playing a priestess to Sirani, I find myself having difficulties preaching about her without fearing breaking the rules; and trying to plan any events, I find myself coming short of things that I can do as what people expect from Sirani and what can actually be done have to wide of a gap. Her identity was made during a time where sex in public streets was (from what I've heard) a common thing and her being a Goddess of pleasure was quite fitting for the game. Now it just doesn't fit into the new rule set and implores people to break those rules.
3.) Caring/hospitality/whatever synonym you can think of is not a big change from what the lore already has in place. All examples:
  • -"Sirani is also known to have a soft spot for those who are lonely and will act to bring them companionship."
    -"Followers seek advice in love, protection of their beloved..."
    -"...many young girls...go on to become priestesses and bring much comfort and balance to the world.
    -"Sirani’s followers are often skilled in healing and along with the great hospitality that is offered at her temples
    -"If they wronged, yet hold regrets for their past mistakes... they will arrive in paradise forgiven"
These are all quotes from the only documentation on Sirani we have. Nothing in her lore is sexual as it stands, merely suggestive and can be seen sexual if you come in with the presumption that she is the Goddess of Pleasure. All that would have to be done is a change in title not a rewrite of everything in her lore as that was done already. The title change covers all of this hospitality and forgiveness that the lore mentions so such a generic word is a good fit.
Djironnyma

Re: A small rework for Sirani

Post by Djironnyma »

It seems a misunderstanding exist here. Illarion is no world without sex, pleasure or violence. Even in Illarion new people are not brought by the stork. You quoted the right rule but with the wrong focus: “ontent and portrayals of actions which are brutal, perverse, sexual or glorify violence are strictly forbidden.”. So yes: It is forbidden to play Sex but it’s not forbidden to talk about Sex in a proper / clean / g-rated manner.

It is neither forbidden to play a prostitute nor a priest of a god of love and pleasure. Anyway it is forbidden to obvious in all matters about physical love / sexual content. To give you an example it is okay to stand on the streets and offer “some beautiful hours” or “to lay by his side” to the strong (and rich) warrior that comes by – but it not okay to ask him if he want stick his organs into yours. Indeed no matter how a prostitute may offer her (or his) business, the act itself have to be faded out / be no content of a platform of Illarion.

Same counts for playing a Sirani priest. She can ask her goodness to bless the followers with heat in their lap or an animalistic night - but not to for an extra hard *** or whatever.

As you may understand it’s not forbidden to talk about sexual matters at all, but its forbidden to be filthy/obscene or disturbing. You may also get more information’s here: http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... =1&t=38865
RobinValentine

Post by RobinValentine »

Omg thank you so much. That explains so much and makes things a lot less scary >.< If that post could be put alongside the rule I think it would help new players (like myself) a lot! <3 Dji always a big help
Kamilar

Post by Kamilar »

Playing a sexually charged character definitely treads a fine line but can be done successfully with sensitivity to the other players in the interaction. Some people will welcome the attention. You will get some rejection with a highly sexual character concept, but that's part of the package. There should be no problem (or very few/rare) playing a Sirani priestess.

Hit me up any time if you want to compare notes. :wink: