Switch graphics: Partisan and Voulge

Here you can make and discuss suggestions to improve the game. / Hier kannst du Vorschläge einreichen und diskutieren um das Spiel zu verbessern.

Moderator: Developers

Q-wert

Switch graphics: Partisan and Voulge

Post by Q-wert »

To make it short:

Left: Voulge (Spear Lvl 40/50); Right: Partisan (Spear Lvl 90*/100)

The pictures of the voulges would perfectly fit the purpose of a partisan and look way more impressive than the other 'staff with crown'-graphic.
As the mid-level weapons are something only briefly used in passing by as the character grows stronger and one is stuck with the high level items for quite some time longer, my proposal:

Switch the graphics (and names) of the two (well, four) weapons.

*Don't have that one at hand. Looks like the other, just without the glow.
Last edited by Q-wert on Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Achae Eanstray

Re: Switch graphics: Partisan and Voulge

Post by Achae Eanstray »

I haven't seen the Partisan.. but when I saw a Voulge during the previous spider cave quest I thought to myself.. that needs to be more prominent, it is a great graphic. :)
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Google picture search tells me that the graphics we use for a voulge looks like a voulge while the graphics we use for a partisan looks like a partisan. Maybe a weapons expert can comment on this?
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

When we pull in the real historical facts then the images are correct.

The characteristics of a partisan is that it has a symmetric head consisting of a double edged central blade and two curved blades at the side.
A voulge on the other hand is a weapon that was derived from the halberds and has a single edged blade that is very broad and heavy.

From the combat aspect the partisan is a weapon meant to be used as a puncture weapon. The curved side blades in that context were mainly meant to cause additional damage to the opponent. The voulge is in most aspects more similar to hammers and axes and was mainly meant to be used to hacking.

The voulge in the image is a pretty late design for that weapon. Earlier version were more similar so a meat cleaver strapped to the side of a long pole.
Q-wert

Post by Q-wert »

In that case I'd change my proposal to switch pictures as well as naming.
Personally I'd rather have an awesome looking weapon be the top level items, no matter what it is called.
Estralis Seborian

A question with an implication included: Did you already check out the highest level spears...?
Q-wert

Post by Q-wert »

Assuming 'spear' as in two handed puncture weapon: I did. They are called Partisan (lvl 90) and Partisan of Light (lvl 100). They are quite decent weapons, but look stupid. Picture of the Partisan of Light is shown above.
Assuming 'spear' as in something with 'spear' in its name: I did. Those have a terribly low level and are no match to the current partisan.
Estralis Seborian

I see, I was having the future state in mind. The divine voulge and two types of ranseurs will rise in their level while the partisan gets nerfed. I think this will help the situation.