Consumption of food items

Here you can make and discuss suggestions to improve the game. / Hier kannst du Vorschläge einreichen und diskutieren um das Spiel zu verbessern.

Moderator: Developers

Ufedhin

Consumption of food items

Post by Ufedhin »

I would like to see the consumption of food items slowed,this ability to hog down a plate of roast meats and veggies in a split second is just plain weird.
Keep all the good bonuses food gives(maybe even increase the time it lasts) but scale the consumption times needed to achive these, apples and such are not worth bothering about but plate and bowl food aswell as large baked items like apple pies ,strawberry cakes etc should not be consumed so swiftly.
How about something like this just for example, a food that confers a single bonus ability 5 second consumption rate,2 bonus points a 10 second consumption rate ,could be done showing the stamina bars slowly filling up.This would stop plates of food being gulped during fights a very bizarre practice indeed ,food should not be used as instant potions there is a vast difference in eating a cake and taking a swift gulp from a small bottle.This puts food where it should be in the daily fortification of the chracters body.
Kamilar

Re: Consumption of food items

Post by Kamilar »

I'm not really loving this proposal.

Firstly, the reality of the systems shouldn't be a factor. The daily fortification of the character's body is not supported by the current system and so it isn't necessary except as a roleplay device. Secondly, if the argument is that it should take 10 seconds to eat a plate of food, a counter argument could be made that drinking an entire bottle of something should also not be instantaneous.

Overall, food is less important than it was in the old system. The bonuses are somewhat randomized so that food doesn't completely replace the predictability of potions. I don't think eating something during a fight is any stranger than drinking a potion. In the old system, we were prevented from fighting and drinking potions simultaneously because if we were targeted by a monster or another player, our potions would spill. I think the current system is already pretty fair and balanced. Cooks have their right to a spot in the sun alongside potion crafters, imo.
Ufedhin

Post by Ufedhin »

Kamilar wrote: Cooks have their right to a spot in the sun alongside potion crafters, imo
This is no attack on cooks :roll: its a proposal to alter how food is used ,the old system on Gobiath was much better than what we currently have.
The fortification of the body long term from eating good food is where its aimed.
And overall the use of food is perhaps in a way more important than in the old system due to the instant bonuses we have now ,you could miss the odd good quality meal on Gobiath and still retain your bonus now we take food as if they where a lesser type of potion (pie eating for agility based actions,meat dishes for combat, other baked good for intellect related work) rather than for the long term health and strength of the character.What i am pointing at is how food usage is far too close to potion usage and could it not be given back its own system of character enhancement rather than being a poor cousin to alchemy.
Nore am i proposing a reality check here,however constructive ideas would be nice.
Kamilar

Post by Kamilar »

So, your proposal is to restore the permanent bonus to characters that eat high quality food? That's not how I read it.
Pugnacious

Post by Pugnacious »

I personally like the food system the way it is. No changes wanted or needed.
Ufedhin

Post by Ufedhin »

I see this topic will go no where ,i say no more.
Evie
Developer

Post by Evie »

Food buffs are currently being considered and retweaked in development. Have some faith, hopefully the change will bring about something you like.
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

To make eating an ltstate action is possible. I do not regard it beneficial for the game, though. Perhaps one day, there might be reasons for some kind of eating delay. But to implement this now would be just a hassle without any benefit.
Ufedhin

Post by Ufedhin »

Thanks for this Jupiter i had not seen it was in mantis.

I must admit i too like the idea of a long term diet bonus..tailoring it to fit what one eats the most of seems the best possible way to me(and good fun) to do this ,making food consumption its own system ,in my opinion generating the great food trade again as it use to be.This time however we have an even better selection of great food options.
Estralis Seborian wrote:To make eating an ltstate action is possible. I do not regard it beneficial for the game, though. Perhaps one day, there might be reasons for some kind of eating delay. But to implement this now would be just a hassle without any benefit.
And yes to make this work ,a special food system needs to be developed....one day, but im sure it will be worth it.