Fishing in Cadomyr

Here you can make and discuss suggestions to improve the game. / Hier kannst du Vorschläge einreichen und diskutieren um das Spiel zu verbessern.

Moderator: Developers

Icarius

Fishing in Cadomyr

Post by Icarius »

Hi.

In the newest update the fishing shoals were removed from Cadomyr. I guess new characters will have a hard time to survive there. Wealthy, older characters can afford a meal from the tavern or from other characters. New characters in Cadomyr mainly lived on smoked fish and there is no other source of free meal(except tangerines, apples, etc.).
So, are there any plans to supply an other source of food? Sea fish? Camels? A tiny farm plot? Cloudy with a chance of meatballs? :D

Thanks.
Orianna

Re: Fishing in Cadomyr

Post by Orianna »

Yeah . its a pretty dangerous spot to fish -Orianna is rather a non fighting Character.
Have to check Runewick's water :)
Uhuru

Post by Uhuru »

There are no plans to provide another food source in Cadomyr, no. This was a first step on a path to distribute resources in accordance with a plan that distributes resources the same way as all others, such as ore. We, the developers, have just begun the process to work towards these goals. Please remember, your characters can fish in the realms where fishing shoals are provided or in the wilderness as many are still there. There are still NPCs that sell the resources and your characters can buy from other characters, many of which will trade for items.

Craft distribution puts Skills: Peasantry (farming), fishing, cooking/baking in Factions: Runewick (primary)/Galmair (secondary). This is why food gathering type items are mainly to be found in those two realms. It is, therefore, much easier to gather food type stuffs in Runewick then anywhere else.
Icarius

Post by Icarius »

Thanks for your reply.

Of course the distribution of resources makes sense, when talking about wood, ores, stone, minerals, gems, etc. Leaving a city without an access to the means of production of food does not. :? If you want to build a city and especially a city in a desert, you'll need access to food (and water of course) and with proper irrigation, there are plenty of crops, that flourish in hot climates. There are some sheep there, but you can't smoke their meat and there are no other resources for cooking. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate all what you devs are doing for this game and I know, that the goal is not super realism, but roleplaying. :wink:
Yridia Anar

Post by Yridia Anar »

As Uhuru mentioned - you can go to Runewick
Icarius

Post by Icarius »

I will and I understand, that the devs distribute resources to facilitate contact between characters. The absence of the means of food production in Cadomyr is unrealistic though. The water in Cadomyr is too salty for fish to survive or what? :lol:
And what in the case of conflict between the factions(theoretically)? How do you explain realism-wise, that you can buy food in the tavern, while there are no means of production and Galmair and Runewick are hostile factions.

Ahm, don't mind my bragging.. :lol:
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

Icarius wrote: How do you explain realism-wise
We don't. Realism is no argument. It is quite futile to bring realism as an argument in a fantasy game. There is a difference between realism and comprehensibility.
Maybe the fish Illarion doesn't like water that is too warm.
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Oranges.
Azure Lynch
Galmair

Post by Azure Lynch »

What you fail to realize is cadomyr is cursed lol move to galmair lol
Rune wick is a good place and if they can't afford the travel try hempty I think the fish are still there.
Also rats ginve you enstrails that can lead to making sausages I might be missing one other ingredient can't remember. But there are many dessert towns that have to trade for food. And why you can buy food in town probably cause they trade for it. Also my character has been around for a min he is not wealthy but I never had to buy food. Fruits and trading with players.
Ufedhin

Post by Ufedhin »

Cadomyr a desert city .........food available close by is at the present ..sand berries ,bananas ,oranges,tangerines ..a bit further out yet still in the safe area..beef ,apples,grapes,lamb,eggs ,chicken, cherries & the odd mushroom etc.... enough for anyone to survive on, even thrive if your smart.
Possibly there is even more goodies but im a Galmairian not a cadomerian so i havent searched every nook and cranny.
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

Theres sheep and cows everywhere (not a bad thing) but one point is the reliance of towns on each other, this is the primary reason i believe there is little to no conflict between towns as the devs originally intended (and because no one wants to get engine banned :p redundant i know.) Towns that need each other wont go to war. :(
Lord Arcia

Post by Lord Arcia »

Mephistopheles wrote:Theres sheep and cows everywhere (not a bad thing) but one point is the reliance of towns on each other, this is the primary reason i believe there is little to no conflict between towns as the devs originally intended (and because no one wants to get engine banned :p redundant i know.) Towns that need each other wont go to war. :(
Or might have a better reason to go to war. :D Cadomyr has bananas and tangerines! Get 'em! >.<
Azure Lynch
Galmair

Post by Azure Lynch »

Sign me up for the great banana war.
Hew Keenaxe

Post by Hew Keenaxe »

I did notice that if you ask that last NPC on tutorial island about the craft of fishing, she suggests that fishers should go to Cadomyr. She also says Galmair doesn't have any fish.
Obviously, this needs to be changed.
Ufedhin

Post by Ufedhin »

Hew Keenaxe wrote:I did notice that if you ask that last NPC on tutorial island about the craft of fishing, she suggests that fishers should go to Cadomyr. She also says Galmair doesn't have any fish.
Obviously, this needs to be changed.
Have to agree with you here Hew,also i must wonder why Galmair has herds of cattle now? i understand the pigs but how did these cattle appear?
makes Galmair virtually as poweful as Runewick as a food provider except for sheep.I would like to see these cattle beasts moved further away into the northen forest for example.
Evie
Developer

Post by Evie »

In reference to fish selling /buying npcs and the noobia npc. The changes have been made and will go live next update.
Q-wert

Post by Q-wert »

I would like to remind you people that there is that npc fisher "Zerasia" who hands out fishing quests in Cadomyr.
You might want to rewrite her texts which are kind of out of date now.
Uhuru

Post by Uhuru »

Q-wert wrote:I would like to remind you people that there is that npc fisher "Zerasia" who hands out fishing quests in Cadomyr.
You might want to rewrite her texts which are kind of out of date now.
This too is being taken care of, thank you for the reminder.
Icarius

Post by Icarius »

:arrow: No fishing in Cadomyr. Alright, I'm accepting that.

:arrow: No other source of food than bananas, apples, tangerines and sand berries. Well ... on the other hand ... we will be the first vegan kingdom! Hooray! :D :?
Uhuru

Post by Uhuru »

Icarius wrote::arrow: No fishing in Cadomyr. Alright, I'm accepting that.

:arrow: No other source of food than bananas, apples, tangerines and sand berries. Well ... on the other hand ... we will be the first vegan kingdom! Hooray! :D :?

There are fish in the realm, just not right at your hand. There are also other sources of meat. They are just not as easy to come by as they are in other realms. Cadomyr is not a cooking/baking realm. If that is something your character wants to do, I advise s/he moves.