Food in prison

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

Hew Keenaxe

Food in prison

Post by Hew Keenaxe »

When mining in Galmair prison, Percy will only give one loaf of bread. This is soon used up and starvation prevents mining more ore.
Considering I have a 9800 ore sentence and I used up my full food bar plus Percy's bread mining just 500 ore. This is a serious problem.
Yes I also posted this in Mantis and PM a GM, but I am covering all bases. After my own small stash of food is used up, I will no longer have a reason to play. This prison will be no different than the old one in Trollsbane. Locked away with no hope of getting out, no one to RP with, and nothing to do.
Flux

Re: Food in prison

Post by Flux »

I told someone to up the bread amount.

Here's something you can do in the mean time but I'd generally say it's naughty and you shouldn't, but considering this hasn't been patched yet - why not.

Ask him for bread, drop it, ask him for bread, drop it, until you have enough bread, then pick it all up.

Just don't abuse this, k?
Hew Keenaxe

Post by Hew Keenaxe »

Thanks but with a 9800 ore sentence I would have no choice but to abuse it. Plus he wont even give me one loaf now.
Flux

Post by Flux »

I mean don't wrack up a tonne of bread before you leave. You have my permission to drop stuff on the floor to get extra bread. You'll have to be low on food first though.
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Are you saying you can't get any bread even with having none and char hungry?
Hew Keenaxe

Post by Hew Keenaxe »

Percy gave me one loaf when I was hungry. After I used that up and was starving again he refused me. Repeated attempts have not worked.
Hew Keenaxe

Post by Hew Keenaxe »

After a relog, Percy gave me one more loaf. i got so excited I ate it right off and forgot to try the drop and save :oops:
Maybe next time :lol:
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Once you leave the prison mine, all bread loafs (loaves?) get deleted anyway. Doesn't the bread fill your food bar to ~1/4? If not, this is a bug/imbalance. Sadly, the food script became totally unintelligible to me, there is no comprehensive list how much "food bar" each item gives.
Perry

Post by Perry »

It's more like... 1/5 - 1/6
Ufedhin

Post by Ufedhin »

Perry wrote:It's more like... 1/5 - 1/6
Its a it more than that i would say 1/4 is right , just ate some bread.
Hew Keenaxe

Post by Hew Keenaxe »

So now My food bar is completely empty and Percy still refuses to give me any bread.
Flux

Post by Flux »

And you have no food in your inventory? And you've tried saying both "hungry" and "hunger"?
Hew Keenaxe

Post by Hew Keenaxe »

I have a few meat dishes in my pack, but I had them when I was put down here and he has sold me bread before. I ask him by saying " I am hungry." he has responded to this before as well.
Hew Keenaxe

Post by Hew Keenaxe »

I just had to eat one of my few meat dishes to stay alive. I was dying of starvation , half my health gone and falling fast. Percy just laughed at me diabolically.
Hew Keenaxe

Post by Hew Keenaxe »

So after I was half dead and had to eat a meat dish, restoring my health and giving me a half full food bar, now he gave me one bread.
Hew Keenaxe

Post by Hew Keenaxe »

Flux, did you fix something? Because I ate the bread he gave me, asked for another, ate it too and had filled my food bar. Then asked again and he gave me bread. I want to know if this is something I can count on before mining again. I dont want to die of starvation and I only have a few meat dishes left.
Flux

Post by Flux »

I think it's to do with saying "hunger" instead of "hungry" or vice versa. The script is weird.
Hew Keenaxe

Post by Hew Keenaxe »

What you say can't be it because I said the same thing . The only difference was when I was dying of starvation he wouldn't give me bread but after I ate from my own store of meat dishes, and I still have some left, he did give me bread.
Flux

Post by Flux »

I don't know what to say other than - Blame Merung.
Hew Keenaxe

Post by Hew Keenaxe »

I aint to worried about myself, I still have a few meat dishes left, though not enough to last for my whole sentence. I am just trying to make sure the prison system works right. Others may not bring their own food when they get sent down here and it is clear that Percy will let you starve to death why he laughs at you. Now that my belly is full, He will give me bread, just not when I need it.
Zot

Post by Zot »

This food issue is already fixed (http://illarion.org/mantis/view.php?id=8549). After the next update that problem will be solved on the real server as well.
Hew Keenaxe

Post by Hew Keenaxe »

Thanks