Downtime / Abwesenheit

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Caswir

Re: Downtime / Abwesenheit

Post by Caswir »

Im writing for Achae, I guess she fell on the ice and broke her arm. :( She wont be able to play illarion for 2-3 weeks. You can find her on discord however.
nathi

Post by nathi »

I lack any motivation to play Illarion at the moment, I think I need a few days break.

lg nathi
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

I have some technical problems to come online. Will be back around to the next weekend.
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

About the next week or perhaps two weeks I will be away from home and thus I will not be online regulary. You can contact me via discord for importnt issues.
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

I will be not at home until sunday. You can contact me via discord or pm here.
Mirai Belisai

Post by Mirai Belisai »

Will not be there this weekend though i would like to...
nathi

Post by nathi »

I am again on travel for the next 7-8 days. I can read in the forum, but not play.

lg nathi
Taiah

Post by Taiah »

Not around 16th, 17th, or 18th will be back after that.
Alytys Lamar

Post by Alytys Lamar »

On a short trip and away from Friday to Sunday ( 17.- 19. September )
nathi

Post by nathi »

From saturday 10/16 I‘m on vacation for one week, then I‘ll think about if and how to continue.

lg nathi
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Friend and family celebrating Christmas next week Not sure how long will be around until after 18th.
nathi

Post by nathi »

I am on travel and not able to play from Friday to Sunday evening.

lg nathi, PO Deanna
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

This year has not been great for me. Due to exhaustion and lack of motivation my activity in Illarion will be very low so I can focus on getting through my responsibilities and improving my mental health. I might log in for certain important events or I might not but I can't/won't stress over it. I really can't say how long this will last.
Amelia Rotholz
Galmair

Post by Amelia Rotholz »

I was ponderin if I should post a downtime or not for a while now.
In fact, I'm going through a phase psychological issues and don't feel like I could perform good RP.
I don't know, how long this will last, but I will try to be there for events and might log in occassionally on better days.
It could be days or weeks, I don't know. Most times, such phases are unpredictable.
But I will be back.
Exelous

Post by Exelous »

Really sorry to read that you're going through a hard time, PO Amelia. I hope if subsides soon. The challenges that we face in our own heads are the toughest and I wish you a speedy recovery. Wishing you the best :)
Sammy Goldlieb

Post by Sammy Goldlieb »

Probably most have noticed, I havent logged in for a few months now. I just dont feel up for rp. I will be back, but I dont know when.
Amelia Rotholz
Galmair

Post by Amelia Rotholz »

For the time being, I might be seen rarely… or even log out rather quick…
IG and within the community…

It’s not a secret that I go through reoccurring phases of depression and also deal with a physical disability and pain issues. But right now, I also deal with an even larger health problem.

Long story short: I’m facing a progressing paralysis, since the beginning of this year. Now, I will have to do a surgery, or I will end up paralysed from the chest down, not even able to sit anymore, maybe this year, maybe the next. I’m in the process of examination and hope, I will get the surgery, before it is too late. The surgery can only stop the process, not revert it. So, whatever my status will be at that point, it will most likely be permanent.

Al that is pretty much pressure to put it mildly.
So, in case I act a little tense or strange, please bear with me…
Thank you.
Amelia Rotholz
Galmair

Post by Amelia Rotholz »

Update:

Will be gone for the time being.
Got an urgent, complicated surgery on Wednesday.
Don't know when I'll be back.
Katharina Brightrim
Cadomyr

Post by Katharina Brightrim »

February is gonna be stressful, to put it mildly. Bachelor thesis, moving apartments, work... I'm not saying that I won't be playing at all, but it will be rather unreliable and inactive. DMs via the forum reach me as usual, tho. I'm wrtiting here, because I still need to come up with an IC explanation.

See you all in March, when things should be more quiet again.
Sammy Goldlieb

Post by Sammy Goldlieb »

You probably notice I havent been logging in the last few months. I dont feel like that is the Illarion I used to know and love anymore, thats why I wontbe logging in anymore.

Thanks to all who rped with me andhad fun with me.
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

You’ll be missed!
Hudson

Post by Hudson »

I'll be away for the entire weekend, so I won't be able to play. Have a great time, and I'm excited to join the role-play with all of you again soon! :)bhulekh up
Last edited by Hudson on Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shireenail

Post by shireenail »

Hej, Illarion is Shireena-free. The character has obviously emigrated, if he was ever really there at all.
Tyan Masines

Post by Tyan Masines »

To those who are concerned, I felt it appropriate to give a short note on the how and why of my absence and incidentally, my rather sudden final Tyan post from yesterday.

First of all, sorry for my sudden leave without notice. It went like this: I did not want to take a break, but personal as well as professional life had me very occupied all of a sudden (it wasn't bad, quite the contrary, in fact). I kept postponing my coming back (or: my final goodbye note, which I did not want to make, like I said) for days. Those days became weeks, those weeks became months. Finally, half a year on assignment abroad took my mind of Illarion completely and there we had it: huge unannounced break.

Regarding Tyan: For some time I felt like I couldn't really play his RP correctly since I had to take larger leaves more frequently (which, I think, Tyan would not have done - he /was/ ready to settle down, finally - had he not been fated to be my char and thus directly bound to the free time of his PO). Tyan thus became a less reliable person than he was supposed to be. Still, I remembered all this yesterday and wanted to give his whole story an end - every story needs a beginning and an end.

The post was quite spontaneous (I had not opened the Illarion page for many month, and was quite surprised that I remembered my forum password instantly :D), I just wrote what felt right in the moment, what came to mind on the spot, despite the break which also has created some memory gaps in my brain. One thing was clear to me, though: I wanted to kill him off. Why? Well, firstly, because I don't think he truly deserved a total happy ending. Sorry, Tyan. Live by the sword, die by the sword. He was killed while essentially leaving someone (again), he has never been an entirely "good" char. Additionally, he was always envisioned as a sort of "the journey is the destination"/"Smile because it happened, not because it is over"-kind of guy. So here we go, fitting closure, I believe.
Secondly (and more importantly), I want to prevent my own laziness to just log in with him again because he has all the items, money, gems, etc., a PO could wish for. It would not do the char justice. I can't play Tyan like he is supposed to be played any more, thus, he had to end indefinitely. Again, sorry, T.

Long story short: I am fine. I miss Illarion (and everyone who reads this) sometimes, but I don't see how I can properly play a char atm. Maybe never again. Then again, we used to say, "they all come back..."

Regards
PO Tyan
BjarsTale
Galmair

Post by BjarsTale »

Hej Illarion, i'm at a point where my Orc doesnt fit in this world anymore.
After MANY changes he needed to make i thought it will be useless 'cause it seems he slips out of his role more and more.
Maybe i'll make a "Northern Mountain" Orc again like Krukk was before the VBU release.

Surely he need to do some stuff and RP before he will set sail once and for all to Fireshine.
But Krukk will be sorted out. Maybe we meet IG for a last time and thanks for all the Years of RP with all ye guys Chars! :D
As PO i will stay.