Stuck Ghost...

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

Sir Gnar

Stuck Ghost...

Post by Sir Gnar »

~ My char is ghosted and stuck in the Varshikar dungeon, stupid ass glitch got me again and I couldnt log out even after ending the process through task manager & then logging in multiple other chars. I had to watch my char be ghosted through my other chars eyes. Kinda tired of losing what took me RL years to get in two seconds of a glitch. Grrrrrrr.....!!! :evil:

- Can someone at least let me outta here?? :cry:
Face

Re: Stuck Ghost...

Post by Face »

Done
Sir Gnar

Post by Sir Gnar »

TY... :mrgreen:
Kugar

Post by Kugar »

lol. sucks, don't it?
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

If it sucks, then it does suck :-P.

'Sir Gnar', can you define "stupid ass glitch"? Were you disconnected or did anything specific happen in that dungeon?

It might be of little help, but in future (=VBU), chars will be logged out automatically in such a case within seconds. Also you won't have to worry about getting a ghosted char out of a dungeon. And as last comment, you won't have to spend RL years on anything like skills :-).
Leon Demelii

Post by Leon Demelii »

Estralis Seborian wrote:If it sucks, then it does suck :-P.

'Sir Gnar', can you define "stupid ass glitch"? Were you disconnected or did anything specific happen in that dungeon?

It might be of little help, but in future (=VBU), chars will be logged out automatically in such a case within seconds. Also you won't have to worry about getting a ghosted char out of a dungeon. And as last comment, you won't have to spend RL years on anything like skills :-).

You seem to be promising some pretty good stuff right there. :wink: And I like it.
Sir Gnar

Post by Sir Gnar »

~ "Stupid ass glitch" isn't that a technical enough description? :P

If you have just untargeted a NPC and then try and use the door too quickly it will freeze your char. I had just defeated a ghost warrior or something and was next to the door but clicking to open the door too fast after just having something targeted it froze Slug IG. I am usually able to end the process through task manager or just logging in another char and then my original char will dissappear but nothing would work and my human char got a front row seat to watch Slug get his ass kicked. :shock:

Either way it didn't seem like a disruption on my end since nothing else was interrupted but the same glitch i've come across previously when I rush to click the door after having just untargeted a NPC in that particular dungeon. Slug was IG for around 45 minutes after logging and ending the process and only got logged out with help from Face. It must be timed right to recreate but if your down there long enough most will encounter it at some point if they use the doors.

~~ On another note, has any other player reported having a number show up in their text field and then the char will continue walking unable to be controlled..? Ex. I will notice I can't control my char and then I will notice a two digit number in the text field. I just log out and back in and it wont happen again for a few days... Just curious, since it has been happening to my chars for 6 months or so but only happens every few days...
Rincewind

Post by Rincewind »

Sir Gnar wrote:...
On another note, has any other player reported having a number show up in their text field and then the char will continue walking unable to be controlled..? Ex. I will notice I can't control my char and then I will notice a two digit number in the text field. I just log out and back in and it wont happen again for a few days... Just curious, since it has been happening to my chars for 6 months or so but only happens every few days...
Well I never saw those numbers Sluggy, but is there a chance that you talk about the auto-walk-function(bug) wich activates, while pressing ALT+Arrow+TAB ?

To end auto-walk press ALT + arrow (direction of walking)

hope that helps.
Rince
Sir Gnar

Post by Sir Gnar »

~ No I would never complain about the auto-walk, love that feature ;) and you can activate it using other methods as well btw.

Its just out of nowhere i will notice i'm not controlling my char & then I look and there will be a number in the text field as if I typed it but havent hit send yet. But most times i wasn't even typing anything so I know i didnt enter the digits by mistake. It has probably happened 100 times since it started happening 6 months ago. Its not a big deal for me since all I have to do is relog but it can happen anywhere on the map and no matter what function my char is performing at the time...

So I guess if you were engaged in a difficult fight it could turn out to be a dangerous bug considering you are going to log in and be attacked immediately without your bag open and not knowing your health level...

Either way its definitely not the autowalk feature unless its a sick mutation...
PurpleMonkeys

Post by PurpleMonkeys »

That has been happening to me recently. Just press the number on the numpad or turn in all directions. That usually stops it for me.
Damien

Post by Damien »

Actually, that is where the "ghost warriors" come from.
If a player gets angry / annoyed enough from being ghosted the most annoying way, his char won't end up in a friendly little grey ghost, but he'l turn blue-ish with red eyes and he'll from then on attack other chars...
:twisted: