insufficient system performance.

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

Pendar
Location: Founding member of H.A.L ~home for abused lichs~http://h.a.l.istheshit.net/

insufficient system performance.

Post by Pendar »

AMD Dual Core 2.70 ghz
2gig memory
ATI X1950 GT 250 MB

Its an old rig but it runs LOTR online and New Vegas and stuff, so its surely not system power that's the issue.

What basically occurs is that the client loads incredibly slowly, the mouse seems laggy, I will see a few items pop up in my inventory but after a while, even some messages on screen. Then I get the message about insufficient system performance.
Now it could be a result of my poor connection, this seems unlikely though as the mouse is laggy and that's a client side function I would think? My common sense tells me this is a direct X issue, however dx11 does not let me tweak and fiddle like older versions did. I am busy re-downloading the client but I did that the first time, so I doubt that's the problem.
Any one got any ideas?
I didn't actually see anything in the log that might be helpful but I include it anyway.

(Console error)

java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: reading beyond receive buffer
at illarion.client.net.Receiver.readByte(Receiver.java:296)
at illarion.client.net.Receiver.readUByte(Receiver.java:311)
at illarion.client.net.Receiver.run(Receiver.java:140)
Exception in thread "Illarion input thread" java.lang.IllegalStateException: From thread Thread[Illarion input thread,5,javawsApplicationThreadGroup]: Thread[javawsApplicationMain,5,javawsApplicationThreadGroup] already has the context current
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Context.checkAccess(Context.java:172)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Context.forceDestroy(Context.java:228)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.destroyContext(Display.java:946)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.destroy(Display.java:929)
at illarion.client.IllaClient.exitGraphics(IllaClient.java:281)
at illarion.client.IllaClient.errorExit(IllaClient.java:419)
at illarion.client.net.Receiver.run(Receiver.java:208)
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Mouse must be created before you can read events
at org.lwjgl.input.Mouse.next(Mouse.java:409)
at illarion.client.gui.MouseHandler.handle(MouseHandler.java:104)
at illarion.client.gui.InputManager.handle(InputManager.java:276)
at illarion.client.gui.Gui.handleInput(Gui.java:201)
at illarion.client.world.Game.gameLoop(Game.java:234)
at illarion.client.IllaClient.<init>(IllaClient.java:164)
at illarion.client.IllaClient.main(IllaClient.java:612)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.executeApplication(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.executeMainClass(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.doLaunchApp(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
#### Java Web Start Error:
#### null
Illarion Client V1.21 started Wed Jul 27 08:28:38 WAT 2011
LWJGL: 6.1.7600.16385
VM: 1.6.0_26
Fatal error: Insufficient system performance. Try reducing framerate and graphics quality.
Terminating client!
Estralis Seborian

Re: insufficient system performance.

Post by Estralis Seborian »

I'm not a tech guy, but one comment; Illarion uses openGL, not DirectX. Thus, your graphics driver has to support openGL. For most systems, it is recommended to install the graphics driver, shipped with the graphic adapater (here: ATI Catalyst) instead of the graphics driver, shipped with the OS. You can download the most recent driver for your graphics adapter here: http://support.amd.com/

Your system is totally fine for playing Illarion.

PS: I seriously doubt your graphics adapter supports DirectX 11 btw...
Pendar
Location: Founding member of H.A.L ~home for abused lichs~http://h.a.l.istheshit.net/

Post by Pendar »

Forgot to mention its a win7 machine, so I think DX11 came standard.

I seriously agree, yet there it is. I assume that DX 11 has all the functions of 9, so despite having 11 I just make use of the same power as 9.
One worry is that I have the most uptodate drivers for my card installed, 10.2 legacy drivers and I don't seem to have open gl support. I am busy downloading the control panel for the software (catalyst controls). Maybe it will let me tweak things further.
Wireless connection is sucking and the client is taking a long time to redownload anyway, so no rush.
Pendar

Post by Pendar »

Well now my mouse is nice and smooth and it does not crash. Now I Just see the journal at the bottom, a magic wand and an empty inventory. Rest of the game remains black.
I do not think it is my connection, unless Illarion requires a better connection than say UO or Lotr to initialize the client.
I will keep fiddling.
Pendar

Post by Pendar »

I think the issue may be my connection, the client loads with varying degrees of success.
What does grap mouse do? I did not find any reference to it in the documentation. I will wait till I am back at my usual connection and try again, it is possible this wireless network is just not stable enough.

Oh for those who come across this thread, my solution was drivers. The old ati cards have two driver packs a simplified ones and the full Ati Catalyst control center. The minimal driver pack (32mb) will run most modern games and works well. However it was only after installing the full control center (97mb) that I was able to run the client. So moral of story dont be cheap with drivers I guess.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Wooo Pendar.

Birthday Present?
Pendar

Post by Pendar »

Yes my return is indeed a gift too a great many :roll: heh.
Happy birthday bud. Also for what its worth, tested with a better connection and I can actually play the game, so problem solved I think. Always check your drivers folks.