Free money!

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Elijah

Free money!

Post by Elijah »

A scroll, neatly tucked and pinned in almost every crook and cranny about Troll's Bane soon makes an appearance, bearing a small message.

Be greeted,

I've recently heard a rather nasty rumor that I'm stealing the town's money. As much as those rumors are untrue, I don't want to subject the poor dreary eyes of Troll's Bane citizens to my mindless ramblings discussing the reasons these rumors are untrue. Instead, I've chosen to open up my personal coffers.

Any registered citizen of Troll's Bane who contacts me or finds me in person will be given 50 silvercoins free of charge.

I only ask that whomever receives the money attempts to use it for the betterment of the town and its inhabitants.

You might say, "Mister Elijah, why don't you donate all this money directly to the town's personal treasury?" That's a great question. Instead of placing the money in one man's pocket whose on the wrong end of his term, and there is no guarantee that the citizens will ever see a benefit from it, I intend to give the money to the people. For without the people, what exactly is Troll's Bane?

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Caynwyn

Re: Free money!

Post by Caynwyn »

A small parchment in neat handwriting is attached to the board using an old worn out sickle.

Elijah Varrin,

If you are giving away coin to alleviate any rumors, I have not heard any though have been rather busy. However if you are giving coin away simply to help the town you were formerly a governor of, many people especially new to our lands could use provisions such as food, clothing, basic tools. Some of these poor people are without anything to begin starting a profession, men without even a shirt on their back. I am sure some women would love to at least have a nice dress and robe to wear.

Sincerely,
Cay Atelhier
~Free Druid~