Never the same

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

*Looking back after the bizarre blizzard that eradicated the remaining zombies of Mas Eli felt a brief moment of clarity. Amongst the chaos that had and for the most part still been his life finding some semblance of justice allowed him a brief moment of peace. It wasn't the first time he'd saved someone's life, but as he recalled the words, 'Thank ye, fer savin' me life.' He couldn't believe for a second that a Norodaj actually said it. Knowing their tendency for pride over rationality or sentiment made it all the sweeter to hear the contrary. Of course, he'd take the words to his grave out of decency and respect. Although he was not Norodaj by any means he had study their culture both as student back in Agramar and in his magical training on Gobaith. He knew their ways and if any of his kin would believe such words it would put the barbarian in danger.

Still he couldn't believe the temporary feeling of happiness aching in his soul. Why was this any different? These three people, and a forth on the way, could live their life just like it was days before the zombies descended upon Troll's Bane. They could return to their families if they wished, they could continue their ambitious pursuits, but most importantly they could live. Unlike him, he rationalized, they had someone out there that loved them and wanted them safe. Now the reason for this lilt was self-evident, he prevented causing their loved ones the same pain he'd felt when he lost his own family. Simple as it may be moments like this were rare for Eli, even despite his efforts. He didn't shed a tear before the small group for he had none left to give all that they could see was his pensive expression just as it was when he entered.

Before he departed that day he gazed upon the elf with a smile that didn't quite reach his eyes,*

I am no mage of the Academy myself, but wish you the very best in your endeavor and studies there should you be accepted. A dove can certainly find me just a bit of bread crumbles and one should come to you. Whisper Eli Travinus to it and it will be sure to find me. As for the zombies there shouldn't be a need to bar the door; I will make it my top priority to keep the hospital clear should the creatures return to wreak havoc. You should be safe to walk about the town for now, should you see it fit. Until we all meet again I wish you all the very best.

*Without another word he hopped down the opening and not even a thud was to be heard.*