The views of the people of Trolls Bane

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Morbius

The views of the people of Trolls Bane

Post by Morbius »

~~The following letter is scorched into the side of the Trolls Bane library, set there with immovable magical means~~

Dear citizens of Bane,

As I am sure you are aware, The Bearers of Fire have so rudely pushed themselves most unwanted into our town of Trolls Bane. They have clearly become worse than the enemies they intended to remove from your home; the fair Town of Trolls Bane. In reality, the Temple has done more for Trolls Bane then these invaders could ever hope to achieve. These Bearers are simply a bunch of power hungry fools, with no real understanding of who and what the citizens or Bane are, and what they desire. If they would have lived among you, the people, perhaps then you would have some small right to even set foot in this town, but no, they hide away in their desert town and jump at the first opportunity to extend their corrupting hand. The Bearers of Fire have become what they swore to protect the land from, THEY are the so called evil ones, their aggressive actions speak for them quite clearly, and no amount of words will cover that truth up. So I ask you, people of Trolls Bane, do you want such a force pulling the towns strings and removing some of its oldest and beneficial citizens? I am sure you do not. So I ask you now, write your objections clearly for your oppressors to see! They have no power over a town united, and together we can force such warmongering brutes from our home!

In service to the Town of Trolls Bane,

~Stefan Elvaris~
Elijah

Re: The views of the people of Trolls Bane

Post by Elijah »

Be greeted,

The corrupted voice of the Temple continues to scream out against the darkness that ironically surrounds it. Before I begin to answer these ignorant attempts at regaining a foothold, perhaps the members of the Temple would be so kind as to restrict their propaganda to a single location? Simply because you were expelled through such means, does not mean that you shall find success down the same route. Unfortunately for the Temple, that would require some intelligence on your part.

The temple has done quite enough for this town already, without vandalising and defacing our walls, thank you.

Your good friend,
Elijah Varrin
Morbius

Post by Morbius »

~~More words appear under the last parchment~~

Vandalising the walls would not be necessary were I allowed to place parchments like any other citizen. I don't expect you of all people to comprehend the mess of which a large portion is entirely your doing, allowing those tyrants to take up rule like you did. I may be a Templar, however I am still a citizen and a friend to many of the people inside the walls of that town, and I intend to protect it. I have not endangered myself by writing here just to argue with you Elijah, so if you would kindly desist with your insults and I will do the same. I'm not one who is fond of political slander; I only want to hear the voice of those who agrees that the town should be ruled by the town. Not the Temple, nor the Bearers. And I am speaking to you as neither.
Kaidan Firestone

Post by Kaidan Firestone »

Stefan, I do see you as a friend and I have never seen you act out of cruelty or maliciously. However the revelation that you are a templar gives me pause. Perhaps if you explained why you joined the Temple and what your activity was in that cult more people would be apt to come out and voice support for you.

Kaidan Firestone
Orioli

Post by Orioli »

Elijah

Over the last several months I watched you betray every member of this town. You now have brought other towns in to rule over us when we had just began to hope again.
I never liked you, I never trusted you. You have spoiled our town and sent it to the hands of despots. I hold you responsible for this.

Stefan thank you for honesty. I greatly admire your honest and sincere remarks.

Kaiden have faith in those you have fought beside. At the end of the day it is we you will still laugh with and share the fireside.

Orioli
Morbius

Post by Morbius »

Kaidan,

It is true I have never acted through cruelty or maliciousness, and I thank you for pointing that out. My time as a Templar has shown me that no dark motives lurk among the organisation, past deeds and reputation are long behind us, and only the Bearers refuse to acknowledge the simple truth. That honest truth being, the Temple are no longer to be feared. Many of you know me, and trust me, so believe me now. The Moshran worshipping cult you once knew is no longer a part of this isle.

Kaidan Firestone

Post by Kaidan Firestone »

I regret getting involved in this, I had given you too much benefit Stefan. I should have sought you out personally or through private message.

I will simply say, the people of Trolls Bane will never live under Temple rule again.

Kaidan Firestone
Copper Dragon

Post by Copper Dragon »

Stefan,

It poses questions I can't answer that you are a templar but that is another matter between us. What i wish to know is the direction, purpose, and motives of the Temple as it stands now. Do they or do they not follow Moshran and if not, whom do they follow? I know this sounds a bit harsh and it is not ment to. I am simply trying to get to the heart of matters. I have seen and heard things on several sides that give me pause. Perhaps the temple has changed or it is simply displaying a pleasing face. I can not say but I do await your reply.

shandra the tailor
Alexander Knight

Post by Alexander Knight »

Stefan,
I too was once Temple long ago before joining the Militia.
Even then, I can ssay with all honesty that they act for the land of Trolls Bane.
The day I joined I witnessed a great battle where the people of Trolls Bane, lead by none other than the great Taliss stand beside the Temple and slay a number of demonic skeletons and the demons which controlled them.
The fact that you are part of the Temple is not important as I know full well that they wish the best for the isle.

The Bearers of fire on the other hand...
May I remind people that it was them who stood with the Prince in the invasion of Trolls Bane.
They have made various attempts on my life personally as I opposed the Prince.

My mind is clearly made up but I implore you, people of Trolls Bane. See reason. See past the lies and whispers. The Temple is no more evil that the town of Trolls Bane.

-Alexander Knight
Morbius

Post by Morbius »

Alexander speaks the plain and simple truth. And Shandra, the days of worshipping Moshran disappeared along with the former overlord. There is no point in denying the past, but as I have said repeatedly, the Temple have changed. I know there will always be those who will refuse to believe it, but hopefully many of you will see past such ignorance. We have no interest in ruling Bane, we simply want to return home. There really is no more to be said, surely you can compare our actions to our words, and put two and two together. The Temple have committed no crime in years.

~Stefan Elvaris~
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Why do both sides try to offer a false choice?

The Temple says the Bearers and company are a foreign takeover.
The Bearers and company say the Temple's influence has to be kept out.

But what about the third choice that none of them want to talk about? Neither! In this little political squabble between the two sides there doesn't seem to be many looking out for the unaffiliated citizen.

No one, including those who have written above, should mince words: the Temple is not full of good people. The Temple does not care about you. They care about Troll's Bane insofar as it benefits them. If they really cared then why did they take over the government multiple times and put their allies in charge? Give their allies ownership of buildings? Why did the Temple end up with the town treasury on at least one occasion?

This group was driven out and replaced with something better. But how much better? Silverbrand and the Grey Rose used to wield much influence over the town of Troll's Bane. Their influence waned over the past years. Did they use this Temple opportunity to merely take back what they always viewed as their property? That question cannot be answered fully yet, but based one what some have said and written, the answer seems to be yes.

Fooser
Hashim El'djin

Post by Hashim El'djin »

I suggest we all call a truce for now. The citizens of Trollsbane will soon be able to put all these questions and demands to the mayor. Untill then, I suggest the politics end, at least for moment.

~Hashim El'djin