Welcome to Shame town

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Leva Beliu

Welcome to Shame town

Post by Leva Beliu »

A limping silhouette pins a parchment to the door of the eastern gate. She then scurries away, hugging the walls

To Mister Elijah Varrin, governor
Your Excellency,
When are you going to enforce that Constitution of yours? If I read it well (it took me a whole day), the citizens of Bane are supposed to be protected against aggression and vileness from the bad and the ugly (article3: Unnecessary violence of any form against another's person is forbidden within the territories of Troll's Bane.) Well, this not the case right now. I was savagely beaten to an inch of my life, without warning, by a stinking orcen warlord. I lost all my tools and a precious key to his rapacity. Some of my women friends are being harassed and even maimed by the same individual.
It’s time to put some teeth into your high-flown words and give us the protection we deserve, we the meek, the crafters, the women. I would not like Bane town being nicknamed Shame town. Get some guards, hire some paladins, whatever it takes to rid our fair town from that repulsive foreigner and his minions.

A wounded and concerned citizen.
Leva Beliu
Elijah

Re: Welcome to Shame town

Post by Elijah »

Be greeted,

This is the first I've heard of these accusations, so don't act as though I've sit idly and allowed it to happen. I will speak to the warlord and make sure it doesn't happen again. In the mean time, this is an example of how to not report a crime. Using slanderous material in order to get someone to act on a situation, he had no previous knowledge of before, and titling your message with shame town seems merely an attempt by you to use a situation to further smear my name. I found the most humorous part of your parchment to be when you asked me when I was going to start enforcing the constitution (when I have from day one, and I can't help that guards and men in arms aren't around town every hour of the day) and preceded to copy a message I directly copied from a parchment wrote by Edric Galthor nearly two years ago. This is the first time in those two years, under Edric and my rule, that anyone has claimed I haven't 'enforced' those words.

Again, this situation will be resolved and you will be compensated for your losses.

Thank you,
Elijah Varrin
Shameful Governor
Copper Dragon

Post by Copper Dragon »

Actually the inquisitor has been informed by dove of the happenings and yet no responce has been done to the knowledge of persons involved. My self included. I am not trying to besmirch your name, bet merely point out that it has been reported. First time such an insident was reported by me I heard nothing in responce and only stopped when I proved I could defend my self. The person involved in the in the first report was different than the warlord. While this may be inapproiate for reporting crimes, it does get a responce while doves bring limited or even no responce unless directed to you? If I am in error please explain the proper procedure to follow and whom to drict suce reports to. It would also help to get a responce from them saying when the action was taken so that can be shone in your favor. No responce can be interpreted as no action and most likely will be.

shandra the tailor
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

I also have found little to no action taken in response to real crimes. I was struck down awhile back, and some very important items, including a rather powerful ring were stolen from me. I reported this to the inquisitor in person. His response was that you did not have enough man power to handle it at the moment. No action was EVER taken, even though you apparently do now have the manpower.

~TaK'Zel~
~Chairlizard of the Farmer's Union~
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Be greeted,

The Warlord has been fined 75 silvercoins for his actions and been warned that if it is to happen again, there will be strict repercussions.

And Mister Tak, please refrain from making inferences on the conduct of my guards, my magistrate, and our judicial system if you do not wish to benefit it. Again, this is the first time I've heard of these accusations, and seeing as how you've disappeared for months I can only say that if they really did happen, it was during constant bandit turmoil within Troll's Bane and abroad. You could have easily and respectfully stated that this happened to me in person, instead of openly bashing my administration with that message. The Army of Gobaith pledged that they would help you during the bandits raids on your farm fields, and if I remember correctly, those hostilities soon ceased. You have a blade, if you believe you can help the Town of Troll's Bane, then use the blade and join the guard and help rebuild it.

If you wish to debate any of this, or bash my adminstration, or ultimately my guard, then I open my arms to you doing so to my face.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane
Last edited by Elijah on Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Copper Dragon

Post by Copper Dragon »

Thank you for your actions in the manner and for the information as to what has been done. The more your actions are known, the less will be suspected of inaction. I am not saying there isn't actions taken but most of the time it is not known to the public. This leads to the belief that no action was taken. A public record of actions would reasure the people that actions are taken. That is simply my thoughts on the subject.

shandra the tailor.
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

Elijah wrote:Be greeted,

The Warlord has been fined 75 silvercoins for his actions and been warned that if it is to happen again, there will be strict repercussions.

And Mister Tak, please refrain from making inferences on the conduct of my guards, my magistrate, and our judicial system if you do not wish to benefit it. Again, this is the first time I've heard of these accusations, and seeing as how you've disappeared for months I can only say that if they really did happen, it was during constant bandit turmoil within Troll's Bane and abroad. You could have easily and respectfully stated that this happened to me in person, instead of openly bashing my administration with that message. The Army of Gobaith pledged that they would help you during the bandits raids on your farm fields, and if I remember correctly, those hostilities soon ceased. You have a blade, if you believe you can help the Town of Troll's Bane, then use the blade and join the guard and help rebuild it.

If you wish to debate any of this, or bash my adminstration, or ultimately my guard, then I open my arms to you doing so to my face.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Governor of Troll's Bane
Your claims of my disappearence are incorrect we have simply not crossed paths, and I highly doubt that your "army" had anything to do with stopping the raids, that actualy did continue even after you said you were working on it. They have only recently ended. As for bashing you, your guard, etc. I will gladly do so to your face if our paths would cross.

~TaK'Zel~
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

It protects you from unprovoked aggression, Leva.

Knowing you, if I was there, I would have made sure you didn't retain that last inch of your life. I congratulate the orc.

- Blake Thorn
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

Considering she was in the process of hiring an assassin, who happened to be the orcs friend, to kill the orc, it was quite provoked indeed.

~A Blade~
Leva Beliu

Post by Leva Beliu »

A parchment is pinned on the door of the governor's mansion.

Your Excellency,
I just fope that the meager fine you imposed as a punishment to that orcen warlord for his vile acts will serve to compensate his victims and not fatten the Bane coffers or your personal treasury. We have been, collectively, beaten, maimed, insulted, derided and even r...., ehh, deeply wounded in our moral and physical integrity. I hope you will sympathise with our ordeal and let the proper amount of shinies tinkle down into our empty purses.

My respects
Leva beliu
Leva Beliu

Post by Leva Beliu »

A woman, limping, leaning on a makeshif crutch, walks toward the Eastern gate hugging the walls and looking around nervously. She is disheveled and her face is covered with purplish bruises. At the gate, she pins a parchment on the door panel. The words are smeared with dark brown blotches, looking like dried blood.

Your Excellency,
I appeal to your sense of justice and your help. I was again beaten repeatedly and sent to the cross without any good reason. I was chatting with friends and working like I do usually at the camp fire when Roland appeared and told me I was not his friend. I just answered him that he had betrayed me and brought the orcen warlord to knock me out. In my naivety I thought he would assume his responsability like a man and try to explain his behaviour. In the contrary, he proceded to maim me repeatedly with some magic weapon without any restraint. When I tried to grovel away, almost fainting, he, or one of his black hearted friends, conjured a mummy to finish me off. Happily, if I may say, Shandra and Jaelle could help me get to the cross. This is unconscionable!
I beg you to intervene and bring back some law and order into Bane to protect the honest and harmless crafters.

A deeply wounded citizen
Leva Beliu
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

Perhaps you should get the message and understand you're not wanted nor welcomed in Troll's Bane.

- Blake
Copper Dragon

Post by Copper Dragon »

Karl wrote:Perhaps you should get the message and understand you're not wanted nor welcomed in Troll's Bane.

- Blake
That was uncalled for and inappropiate. Jaelle is a valued cook and has freely given food to who ever come by. What items she makes the food are either given to her or she buys from other townsfolk. Her service also allows for a place to meet and talk peacefully. I have made many friends simply by being around when she is cooking. A few bullies would ruin this by actions and hurt the town more because of her absence. My thoughts on the subject and I do hope the governor takes swift and decisive actions apon the attacks of people within the city and compensate the victums of said crimes.

shandra the tailor