Lost my account and can't find it

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

David Turner

Lost my account and can't find it

Post by David Turner »

I've somehow lost my account name and have no clue how to recover it. If possible I would like to also change the e-mail address that it is connected to, since it was originally connected to a throw away account due to my primary account simply not working at first (see my past question for the reason why).

Of course, finding out what my account name is so that I can log in is the first thing. Thanks.
Llama

Post by Llama »

If I were you I'd PM a GM to help you locate the account.

If you remember the email address you used, or the name of a character, they can recover it for you.
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

David Turner

Post by David Turner »

That's the problem, I can't get it to work. I used the link provided before (which is how I am able to play now) but when I used what should be my username with the new password it told me "incorrect username or password". Since I know the password (since I just changed it) i figure it must be the username that is incorrect. Though, I don't know how that could be either since I tried using the name that the "change password" message used.

I guess before anything else, I should ask what e-mail I used for my character to be sure it isn't a problem with that. Can I ask that info to be sent in a PM? My character that I use is Zxay'yseyzr Yerr'keyr'En and it should be easy enough to guess what race he is just from the name.

Thanks again.
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Just a suggestion until you get further help, make sure you type out the name exactly and don't just copy and paste for password and name of http://illarion.org/illarion/illachars/ ... .php?key=Z double checking the spelling in the char database. Even one space before or after can also generate an error message. As far as the link provided, is your browser IE6? If so you may have problems with other parts of the site.
Arien Edhel

Post by Arien Edhel »

Looks like it's solved - he's playing.
rakust dorenstkzul

Post by rakust dorenstkzul »

David Turner wrote:yMy character that I use is Zxay'yseyzr Yerr'keyr'En and it should be easy enough to guess what race he is just from the name.
Human?
David Turner

Post by David Turner »

Nope, I can play because I have my character's name and password, my account name is what I am looking for. :?
Zot

Post by Zot »

Read your PM.
Netsirk

Post by Netsirk »

oh i totally get what he is saying..i havent logged in on my account in a while... :P but im always ig! guess how? wooooooo 8)
Grim_banned

Post by Grim_banned »

Netsirk wrote:oh i totally get what he is saying..i havent logged in on my account in a while... :P but im always ig! guess how? wooooooo 8)
Nitram?
Copper Dragon

Post by Copper Dragon »

I've got the same problem. I misplaced my user name and password. The recover account screen gives me the error "It was impossible to find a fitting account." I can still play but that is it.

Shandra the hopeful mage.
David Turner

Re: Lost my account and can't find it

Post by David Turner »

I'm reviving this dead thread to ask the same question. I know my forum account name, I can use my character name to play, I know my account password; I just don't know my account name. This means I can't create new characters, modify information about the old, and that sort of thing.

Does anyone know how I might be able to find that information out?
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Just an idea. look in your Illarion folder, open Illarion.cfg with notepad, it is possible it has your account name as "last login =(account name)" at the top. Be sure NOT to save it as a text file when closing. You can close it out using the x at the top or save as "all file" making sure it is again the .cfg.
David Turner

Post by David Turner »

Thanks for the help.

It doesn't have a "lastlogin" value at all. I even went so far as to dig out my old computer (the one I originally played on) and trying there, but it wasn't on that either. I also read through the entire old log file, the new log file, the new console file, and scanned over a lot of the old console file and didn't find it. All I found was references to the characters, not the player. It did make me curious as to what an "illegal wind value" was and why I was missing so many "marker for map tile". I will try later to look through some of those archives even more throughly, but for now that is a no go.

Would a GM be able to tell me in game with the !GM command (since account names have to be linked to character names for banning to mean something) or is that information impossible for them to access?

PS: to Zot (from before), if you did send me a PM with the name, I never got it.
Zot

Post by Zot »

Please send me a PM with one of your char names and I'll send you your accountname.